Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 177 ]  [ Total: 177 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Apollo Beach, FL
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Gunnisons Beach, New Jersey Topic Next Topic: Lets Break the Silence!
Page: of 39

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 03/18/2008 :  9:42:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
A Backcountry permit allows you to legaly go in to Backcountry areas and will let the park service know which of your next of kin to notify if you don't make it out alive. LOL

Seriously .... This way you check in and out so they will know if they need to go looking for you.

Diger

success
Forum Member

Posted - 03/18/2008 :  9:57:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Flight plan, float plan, dive plan, and now a tan plan. I guess paralysis by sunburn is a possibility. Maybe in that case they would send a St. Bernard with a barrel of aloe under its chin.

--Success

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 03/18/2008 :  10:34:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For those nudist visiting apollo beach who also like pizza and italian food may I suggest manny's pizza 3300 blk atlantic blvd a couple miles outside the gate, its always a must stop for me. A all over tan, sand on my feet and lasanga or pizza inside me, could life be better.

JD
Forum Member

Posted - 03/22/2008 :  1:28:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sailawaybob

For those nudist visiting apollo beach who also like pizza and italian food may I suggest manny's pizza 3300 blk atlantic blvd a couple miles outside the gate, its always a must stop for me. A all over tan, sand on my feet and lasanga or pizza inside me, could life be better.

Thanks for the tip. For pizza we usually go up to Daytona and eat at Stavro's and catch a baseball game. We'll give Manny's a try this year too. I also recommend Pub 44 for great burgers & wings across the causeway, and JB's Fish Camp which is close to the park gates.

Dream big, but don't get caught nappin' - Webb Wilder

Mountain Girl

Posted - 04/01/2008 :  9:05:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm new here and kinda comfused. My husband and I are going to Daytona next week. We would like to try a nude beach but don't want any problems with the law. Is Apollo Beach a true nude beach where we don't have to worry about going to jail? I read that the parking is bad. Is it that bad during the week also? If my husband leaves his shorts on and I go topless, is that accepted?

Thanks to anyone that replys.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 04/02/2008 :  09:06:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Mountain Girl,
You will have no problems at Apollo with the Rangers, The last time we were there we talked to a ranger while on the nude beach. The parking is not as bad through the week if you get there before about 9 AM you probably won't have to wait. If it's full you may have to wait for a space, but we have never had to wait for more than 15 minutes or so. Also you can wear as much or as little as you want, but in no time you will be enjoying the sun with the rest.

Good Luck

Diger

JD
Forum Member

Posted - 04/02/2008 :  10:36:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Girl

I'm new here and kinda comfused. My husband and I are going to Daytona next week. We would like to try a nude beach but don't want any problems with the law. Is Apollo Beach a true nude beach where we don't have to worry about going to jail? I read that the parking is bad. Is it that bad during the week also? If my husband leaves his shorts on and I go topless, is that accepted?

Thanks to anyone that replys.

What Diger said is pretty much spot on. I'll add that this time of year the parking isn't bad at all during the week. We go in May and September and it isn't too bad then either if you get there around 9:00. It can be a tough go on the weekend, but if you can't find a spot at lot# 5 (closest to the nude area) and don't mind a good walk, you can park at lot #4. Last year I dropped my wife off at lot 5 with our gear and drove back and parked at lot 4. It's almost 3 miles I believe, but I covered it in about 50 minutes. It's over flat ground (obviously) too so it wasn't bad at all. Just be sure you bring plenty of water, a snack, some shade, sunscreen, and BUG SPRAY.

Dream big, but don't get caught nappin' - Webb Wilder

nomad6
Forum Member

Posted - 04/03/2008 :  03:52:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we have found lot 5 full at times and emptied our stuff there but the rangers are very strict about waiting for a place to park. whenever we empetied our stuff we go backto lot 4 and get on the road and start walking. most of the time people will pick you up and take you to 5 or if youre not in a hurry to get with other naked people you can walk from lot 4 nude, it takes time but we did run into other people who were walking up the beach nude also. also whenever they close 5 for the launches weenjoy the different scenery on lot 4

tansailr
$ Supporter

Posted - 04/03/2008 :  08:21:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd like to suggest that walking nude in places other than the beach's designated nude area is inviting trouble for all of us. The current Park Service administration is noticeably less nudist friendly than the one that enabled the creation of this nude area. Last fall we saw harrassment and ticketing for nudity at Playalinda and we don't need that to spread to Apollo. Complaints for nudity in places other than the beach south of Lot 5 would be fodder for the current administration's crusade.

badbugs
Forum Member

Posted - 04/03/2008 :  1:08:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's a bad move to walk naked from lot 4 to lot 5. It's a bad move to be naked anywhere other than the designated area south of the sign at lot 5. We live in this town and enjoy our beaches with or without clothing and don't want to loose any of it. Obey the rules or stay home, it's that simple.

ultrahd
Forum Member

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  5:32:03 PM  Show Profile  Send ultrahd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
just got back from playlinda , there nude for 4 days, sunrise to sunset and no problims with law!

tanmehide
Forum Member

Posted - 05/14/2008 :  3:49:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spent this morning at Apollo and the first thing I noticed was that the sign warning of possible nude sunbathers was gone. Does that mean anything?

There were still plenty of us there, for a Wednesday anyhow.

tansailr
$ Supporter

Posted - 05/14/2008 :  9:05:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That sign disappeared last summer. One theory is that the park service removed it in response to a complaint about there being a special area for nudity. Another theory is that the park service is trying to induce nudity complaints by eliminating the advance warning. In other words, we need to confine nudity to the area south of where the sign used to be and not push the envelope.

tanmehide
Forum Member

Posted - 05/15/2008 :  6:33:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's what I suspected, tansailr, and agree that continuing to keep south of where the sign was is the way to.

Didn't realize it was that long since I was last over there. Got some catching up to do.

viper7

Posted - 05/16/2008 :  01:08:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First time (in public) nudist going to visit orlando area-

what are the current status of these beaches, I was going to travel down in early june, and was wanting to try out a nude beach, from where I am staying playalinda is one hour away and appollo is 1.5 hours

I am a bit paranoid about playalinda not being 100% legal but I hear it's a much better beach

it's a shame the park management doesn't create an official nudist area where it's 100% safe, it would probably encourage a lot more tourists

so is playalinda safe? or should I drive to apollo or is there a nudist club in the general area to the west of orlando? If it matters I am 25 so I would prefer some club where the next youngest person isn't old enough to be my parent

Page: of 39 Previous Topic: Gunnisons Beach, New Jersey Topic Next Topic: Lets Break the Silence!  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.32 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved