Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 417 ]  [ Total: 417 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Special Interest Groups - Nudist-Oriented
 The Smooth Nudist Forum - dedicated to shaving
 Reactions on being smooth
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Male Brazilian Topic Next Topic: Doctor visit
Page: of 7

cyberman4591
Forum Member

Posted - 08/19/2004 :  08:08:45 AM  Show Profile  Send cyberman4591 an AOL message  Send cyberman4591 an ICQ Message  Click to see cyberman4591's MSN Messenger address  Send cyberman4591 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi all,
Interested to know what kind of recations you got on the fact that you are not only a nudist but also shave. Did you get much negative emotions or just positive?

vealj
Forum Member

Posted - 08/19/2004 :  11:14:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit vealj's Homepage  Send vealj an AOL message  Send vealj an ICQ Message  Click to see vealj's MSN Messenger address  Send vealj a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
In my case, among nudists, no one pays any attention. It's just not a big deal anymore - old news. I think the new topic of great interest among nudists is piercing and I suspect that will die down too, eventually.

Among the non-nudists I've gotten a few raised raised eyebrows. I was in the hospital recently and the nurses were wondering why my pubic area was shaved when I wasn't scheduled for surgery. I told them I do it for cosmetic reasons and that I'm a nudist (want that all-over-tan you see ). Several giggled others said, "Oh, ok."

Take care and ...
Keep it Bare !!!
- veal
http://www.vealj.com/naturist.html

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 08/19/2004 :  1:58:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I want to first say something to Vealj...
Those nurses...,medical professionals, shouldn't have asked why you were shaved...and should have been professional enough not to giggle.
Glad you told them honestly and were upfront...good for you.

To answer the question;

I have had some double takes towards my shaved pubic area at work. We had a discussion about shaving and most of the guys I work with are much younger than I am and are still pretty immature for 30+ year olds. They equate being smooth with possibly being gay. "Only gays or women would do that."

Non-nudists like vealj stated are going to question and not understand why we or anyone shaves their pubic hair. Nudists don't give it a second thought. We now have a fairly large group of nudist friends...over 20 adults and children. Within those 20 people, we all range from natural to completely shaved. Some of those that still are natural are curious and ask questions...mostly about maintanence and methods of keeping smooth. Some have tried it and stayed smooth, others are not "ready" for the daily shaving routine and remain natural, but I will say that most of the adults are either trimmed a great deal or smooth...as we are.

cyberman4591
Forum Member

Posted - 08/20/2004 :  05:12:29 AM  Show Profile  Send cyberman4591 an AOL message  Send cyberman4591 an ICQ Message  Click to see cyberman4591's MSN Messenger address  Send cyberman4591 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your reactions. But it's just like FireProf says: people tend to think there's something wrong with you, I recognize the statements people make when talking about shaving. How do you react on that kind off reactions?

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 08/24/2004 :  9:09:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well one guy that I work with said he thought any guy that shaves his pubic hair must be gay.

I replied, well any guy that shaves his head or cuts it really close like you do must also be gay because that's the style most gays wear their hair. He of course replied, I'm not gay! and then I replied, " but I must be because you said so right?"

To that he began back peddling and studdering. Comments like those are usually made by someone that's still immature. I reply to their immature comments with immature comments to let them see how immature their comments are and how incorrect they are by stereotyping.

I usually get a " I guess you're right" after we talk alittle.

sunnyjay

Posted - 09/12/2004 :  11:05:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I was worried about what others think, I probably wouldn't be a nudist either! What you think of me is none of my business. Besides, very few of us have physiques anywhere near the "Barbie & Ken" image that we wish we had. I'm continually wondering why so many grossly out of shape people find nudity appealing. For me it is a personal sense of enjoyment in experiencing my life, regardless of whether I'm alone or with others.

smoothy
Forum Member

Posted - 09/16/2004 :  09:00:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been smooth from my nose to my toes for a long time. I have never gotten a negative reaction from other nudist or freom guys at the gym. I have been smooth so long that it feels normal for me now, so I don't even think about it. It is my body and I will do what I want. I think being smooth looks so much better. I started out just doing my pubic hair. Then I thought I would do my belly to lessen the contrast. Well I went up to my chest and eventually down my legs. Now I don't klnow what the big deal was. Why was i so nervous about being seen smooth.

Byron

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  10:25:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been seen shaved by doctors and nurses and others as well in the dressing area at the local fitness center, and no comment has ever been made about me not having any pubic hair. I think most medical professionals really don't care if there is hair present or not. To me it isn't an issue. I've been shaved for 15 yrs. and no one has ever made any comment

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 09/18/2004 :  3:14:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Byron,

Welcome to the Forum.

I too am a long time shaver and never had a comment from medical professionals.

Chic

seapro
Forum Member

Posted - 11/04/2004 :  2:12:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just made a visit to my doctor for a physical exam. This was my first exam since being completely shaved from nose to toes. The only comment that was made was by the nurse when she was attaching the EKG monitor to my chest. She mentioned that it was easier to attach the wiring to my smooth skin. The doctor did not seem to notice, although I am sure that he did notice, he maintained a professional and courteous attitude. I was a bit apprehensive about visiting the doctor while being smooth, but found that my apprehension was unwarranted.

Stay bare and stay smoooooth

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 11/04/2004 :  4:52:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is an observation from the opposite perspective.

I've been smooth for so long that if I let my pubic hair grow back, it would be noticed by family and friends. That is to say, they're so used to me being smooth that the change back to pubic hair would be more noticible than my current hairless look, sort of like if you dyed your hair a different color. The drastic change is what draws the attention of people who know you.

Stangers, like doctors, people at the gym or beach etc., just accept us as we are. With or without pubic hair, short/tall, blond/bald etc.; what they see is the whole person, not just a single feature.

Chic

Edited by - chic on 11/04/2004 5:16:38 PM

cyberman4591
Forum Member

Posted - 11/08/2004 :  07:33:34 AM  Show Profile  Send cyberman4591 an AOL message  Send cyberman4591 an ICQ Message  Click to see cyberman4591's MSN Messenger address  Send cyberman4591 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for all your kind reactions. Still it's difficult to cope with some opinions on being smooth. Guess I'll just have to take some time to get used to it all.

Skynydyper
Forum Member

Posted - 11/08/2004 :  10:01:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To shave or not to shave--that is the question.It's all about personal preferences.One could argue-that's the way you were born.(except for hair on head)My preference is to trim pubies very short and shave the jewels when I shower.(I think hairy jewels akin to finding hairy plums at the market)BUT(I'll catch some flack for this)I don't think totaly shaved looks natural.Kind of reminds me of prepubesent children.I've seen a few totaly shaved with pierced genitals--GROSS.Totaly unnatural--that's my opinion.Still we all have our choices to make and I say if it feels good do it!What matters is you keep on nudin;in spite of what others think.
There is another way to look at smoothy situation--some pubic hair should be worn;just like a badge of honour--proclaming that you're an adult.Just MY THOUGHTS on the subject.
Skynydyper

Edited by - Skynydyper on 11/08/2004 10:56:44 AM

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 11/09/2004 :  11:39:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know if having pubic hair makes you an adult or not. Seen lots of hairy pubic haired people claiming to be adults but are far from it!

Shaving or not shaving is just that...a personal preference. We should not judge a persons maturity or personality based on the amount of pubic hair one has. We have met many, many nudists over the past few years. Some we have become close friends with, others we don't care to see again. I can't remember off hand if those that we didn't want to be friends with had pubic hair or not.

cyberman,

Hang in there. Society had a hard time adjusting to men wearing ear rings. We got used to that and then men started piercing their tongues, lips, eyebrows and adding to the already pierced earlobes. Shaving ones pubic hair will catch on to the masses and you will have been a trend setter and not a follower!

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 11/09/2004 :  3:30:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

cyberman,

Your comment that "...(you) can't remember..(if they)..had pubic hair or not" reinforces my point that we see the whole person, not just one feature.

Chic

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 11/09/2004 :  4:12:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chic,

Agree completely!...I wrote that "quote" you addressed in your reply. I was replying to Skynydyper at the time and then wrote a reply to cyberman in that same post, maybe I shouldn't have done that cause it was kinda confusing.

but, we agree at any rate!

Page: of 7 Previous Topic: Male Brazilian Topic Next Topic: Doctor visit  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.33 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved