Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 437 ]  [ Total: 437 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Special Interest Groups - Nudist-Oriented
 The Smooth Nudist Forum - dedicated to shaving
 Reactions on being smooth
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Male Brazilian Topic Next Topic: Doctor visit
Page: of 7

EuroTim
Forum Member

Posted - 03/21/2005 :  4:20:33 PM  Show Profile  Click to see EuroTim's MSN Messenger address  Send EuroTim a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I've been shaved for years, have never had a comment either at a pool or in a nudist resort. For me it is the natural way.

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 03/22/2005 :  4:08:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

EuroTim,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your input.

Chic

StreakingSkater
Forum Member

Posted - 04/20/2005 :  7:32:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
** Bare to Breakers Anti Smoothie remarks..

Hello Smoothis:

While reading the Bare-to-Breakers long web site describng the upcoming, May 15, 05 naked run in San Francisco as part of the Bay to Breakers fun run...see the web site:

www.baretobreakers.com

In chaper 18 of the web page, on "Costumes, Accessorie and Mores Law" the following suprising statement is given regarding smoothies attending the naked run:

"Also, each year we usually get one or more inquiries regarding the acceptability of participating with totally shaved private areas. Our preference is against total hairlessness as it is unnatural and because we have heard public comments wondering if such totally clean shaved adults in our group have a chemical imbalance causing them never to have reached puberty. Such comments would be funny except that the questions have been genuine. How we are perceived by the public is very important to our demonstration's goal, so we ask that you use discretion and present yourself as reasonably natural as practical (and not as an unwatered Chia Pet®). "

Well, I like to shave my face, and pubic area, which is my personal choice, I don't really see the difference. One could make the same argument above about shaving the male beard away, yet that is commonly accepted now. I found it a bit odd that a group that likes to run the 7.5 mile Bay to Breakers in the nude through the steets of San Farncisco, which I think is really great, finds it necessary to disriminate against smoothies...

The definitaion of unnatural shaving seems totally arbritary to me. Is it somehow more natural that face of a man and legs and armpits of woman is ok, but the rest is not? I would think we could all enjoy being naked together, and enjoy the different levels of body hair people like to have without these kind of comments from a Nudist gruup.

Just my thoughts.
StreakingSkater

A smooth guy...who likes to be naked, skate naked, run naked, swim naked, hike naked..

cyberman4591
Forum Member

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  04:02:00 AM  Show Profile  Send cyberman4591 an AOL message  Send cyberman4591 an ICQ Message  Click to see cyberman4591's MSN Messenger address  Send cyberman4591 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Our preference is against total hairlessness as it is unnatural

I'm getting sick and tired from this kind of remarks and I agree with you. It's a personal choice and why on earth is it OK for women and not for men? Also read an article in a dutch newspaper about a new electrical razor by Philips, especially designed for men to shave their entire body. A trendwatcher, asked if this would going to be a trend, responded by saying "well no, this habit of shaving is coming from the gay world, so..."
I mean: why???

Ashley
Forum Member

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  07:31:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
StreakingSkater quoted a comment made about the San Francisco "Bay to Breakers" or "Bare to Breakers" run that is scheduled... regarding the fact that they organizers apparently prefer NOT to have "shaved" participants because it's "not natural". The comment quoted said something to the effect that they receive questions asking if the bare participants have some form of chemical imbalance that prevented them from reach puberty.
My first comment is about shaving being "not natural". Also..what is "not natural" is hair coloration, lipstick, makeup, high heel shoes, breast augmentation, push-up bras, hose, fingernail polish, tatoos, capped teeth, tummy tucks, liposuction, piercings, eyeglasses, hearing aids, tanning bed tans, politically correct speech, medicine, mouthwash, wigs, contact lenses, gayness, and Michael Jackson. Therefore, by imposing their own desire to not have people who are "not natural" participate in the run, they may have quite a small crowd this year.
Secondly, if the people who question the fact of whether or not someone has reached puberty based on lack of hair... I submit there are other signs and symptons you can check on. Would you conclude that Telly Savalas, Mike Tyson, Michael Jordan, Shaq, or any of the countless famous bald men are pre-pubescent? (Well..maybe Mike Tyson...mentally pre-pubescent)

Ash

cyberman4591
Forum Member

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  07:45:56 AM  Show Profile  Send cyberman4591 an AOL message  Send cyberman4591 an ICQ Message  Click to see cyberman4591's MSN Messenger address  Send cyberman4591 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ashley: Couldn't agree more!

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  08:03:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Ash,

Right on!

Chic

seapro
Forum Member

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  10:36:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ashley, you are a very wise young lady. I agree with you on your remarks.

Stay bare and stay smoooooth

StreakingSkater
Forum Member

Posted - 04/25/2005 :  5:13:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi:

Thanks for the reply cyberman..hopefully as people get used to it, body shaving won't be seen any differently than face shaving. It kind of amazes me that a Naurist group finds it unnatural to be smooth, so many things people do to their bodies could be called unnatural if you take the logic to its' ends.

Did not know about the Philips body electrci shaver for men no less, if you know more please post any info on the internet, sounds like a good product. Of course, Holland is about 30 years ahead of the USA when it comes to social issues, so makes sense Philips would start with a male body shaver there..

I have been using the Seiko clean cut razor imported to the USA from Japan, best razor bar none I have found for staying smooth.

Thanks

Bedankt en blijf een smoothie..

StreakingSkater in Amerika

quote:
Originally posted by cyberman4591

quote:
Our preference is against total hairlessness as it is unnatural

I'm getting sick and tired from this kind of remarks and I agree with you. It's a personal choice and why on earth is it OK for women and not for men? Also read an article in a dutch newspaper about a new electrical razor by Philips, especially designed for men to shave their entire body. A trendwatcher, asked if this would going to be a trend, responded by saying "well no, this habit of shaving is coming from the gay world, so..."
I mean: why???

cyberman4591
Forum Member

Posted - 04/26/2005 :  06:32:05 AM  Show Profile  Send cyberman4591 an AOL message  Send cyberman4591 an ICQ Message  Click to see cyberman4591's MSN Messenger address  Send cyberman4591 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Here is the link for the Philips Shaver:
www.consumer.philips.com/consumer/catalog/product.jsp?language=en&country=GB&catalogType=CONSUMER&productId=TT2020_30_GB_CONSUMER
Hope it works...

StreakingSkater
Forum Member

Posted - 04/26/2005 :  12:07:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Cyberman:

Thanks for the heads up on the new bodyshaver from Philips...great news for the smoothie trend. :)

Found the article below on the web, the bodygroom from Philips is coming out in UK first, where smooth shaven guys seem to be the in thing popularized via the Football (Soccer) player Lampard and his Chelsea team who seem to be sporting smooth chests these days..

Philips survey in UK found 80 percent of woman like guys who are smooth...

Check it out fellow smoothies...we may be going mainstream before you know it..:)

http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,20409-1575337,00.html

Text of web page follows:

Personal Tech

April 19, 2005

Smoothies get gadget for an all-round finish
By Alan Hamilton

THE first electric razor designed for men to shave considerably south of their chins goes on sale next week.
Body hair has become a turn-off to women, according to Philips, the electrical giant, which has noticed the adulation accorded to Frank Lampard, Jonny Wilkinson and other sportsmen with torsos like babies’ bottoms and spotted a marketing opportunity.

To promote its £35 Bodygroom shaver, Philips asked 1,000 men and 2,000 women, and duly received the correct answers: 80 per cent of women preferred their men hair-free. Nearly half of all men admitted to shaving parts of their bodies.

One in four hairy men felt self-conscious at revealing his chest rug, and many admitted to tackling the afforestation on chest, armpits, buttocks, shoulders and back. The survey suggests vast amounts of harm and sore bits as men attack themselves with normal face razors, beard trimmers and even household scissors.

The hairlessness fad has been given impetus by Lampard and his Chelsea team-mates removing their shirts at the end of their game against Blackburn to reveal a smoothie look.

TheBareOne
Forum Member

Posted - 07/15/2005 :  02:16:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Forum

I recently had an arteriogram. A little description from a medical website: "This test is done in a hospital or outpatient facility. You will lie on an x-ray table. You may ask for a sedative if you are anxious about the test. The area where the catheter will be inserted will be shaved and cleansed (the site is usually in the groin area). Local anesthetic is used, and a needle is used to puncture the artery so that an intravenous catheter (a flexible tube) can be inserted. The catheter is inserted through the needle and into the artery. It is then threaded until it is in the artery of interest. This procedure is monitored by fluoroscopy (a type of x-ray that projects moving images onto a TV monitor)." Sorry if that was too much info.

Anyway, the young nurse came in and said that she had to shave me. She was holding a Bic disposable and a can of foam (I don't even want to imagine the results using those items...lol.) I told her that I was already smooth. She smiled and replied, "I love guys who do that." I still am not sure what the real meaning of her response was...was she happy that she didn't have to shave me or that she indeed loved guys who were smooth? She then informed me that it is hospital procedure for her to check and write it in the chart that this was done. She turned down the sheet, smiled and said that I did a great job...it was one of the smoothest shaving jobs that she had ever seen and that it looked great. I thanked her. She then informed me that she needed to wipe the area with Betadine (that orange antiseptic stuff) and proceeded to do so.

Since then, I have had 2 ultra sound tests (from the groin area down the legs) and once again, one of the technicians was pleased that I was shaved. She remarked how much easier it is for the lubricant to go one and for the test device (the paddle type thing) to glide better when a person is shaved. The other tech never said a word about my smoothness or looked funny in any way.

And so, these three experiences with the medical profession has shown me that there is nothing to worry about or to be embarrassed about if your shaved pubes need to come into view.

After I first was smooth, I had a little apprehension before my first nudist resort visit. This was about 5 years ago and smoothness was still fairly new for men. These thoughts quickly dissipated as I reminded myself that nudists accept you and your body for what they are. I have never given it another thought since then.

TheBareOne

sunbumsnhavasu

Posted - 08/16/2006 :  4:54:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,
Will be going to a naturist resort and was wondering what to do about shaving since they have open showers.Should I do it the night before so I wont offend others or is it ok to do it when others are around?

buffetfan
Forum Member

Posted - 08/16/2006 :  5:39:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sunbumsnhavasu

Hi all,
Will be going to a naturist resort and was wondering what to do about shaving since they have open showers.Should I do it the night before so I wont offend others or is it ok to do it when others are around?

That depends. Are you talking about shaving your face, legs, armpits, head, or pubes? If you don't have a problem shaving the first few in an open shower, why have a problem with the last area?

sunbumsnhavasu

Posted - 08/16/2006 :  6:12:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am talking about shaving everything from the neck down.I am new at this (shaving all) and wondered what the reactions might be.

Page: of 7 Previous Topic: Male Brazilian Topic Next Topic: Doctor visit  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.2 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved