Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 152 ]  [ Total: 152 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudism, Sex and Sexuality
 Not Lewd, Not Crude, ...Just Nude.
 Does your family know you are a Nudist?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Positive Effects on Nudity Topic Next Topic: how would a nudist receive a package from ups ...
Page: of 18

jim19452
Forum Member

Posted - 11/30/2006 :  09:35:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit jim19452's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am with you Cathy. At my age and shakey health I will not live a double life.

Best Wishes, Jim

BareDevil1
Forum Member

Posted - 12/07/2006 :  02:47:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My family hasn't much of a choice but to know because I NEVER wear clothes. And YES it makes for quite an experience around the holidays. But I've been naked now for going on eight years and they... well, MOST of them have grown used to it. God love 'em all, especially the little ones!

"You know, you could poke sombodies eye out with that thing"

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 12/07/2006 :  5:52:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CathyK

I used to be very selective about who I told. But then I made a decision that I cannot and should not have to essentially live two lives. I am what I am, and I am a nudist. Just like anything else in life, some people will accept you and some won't, whether it's your religion, political inclination, or your lifestyle. And once I decided to go "public" with who I am, it was one less thing to worry about.

Cathy

I applaud your attitude and like your style. One, I hope my wife will adopt soon.

FP

Edited by - Moderator on 12/07/2006 8:19:09 PM

tanallover

Posted - 12/08/2006 :  9:43:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit tanallover's Homepage  Send tanallover a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My immediate family knows as well as my closest friends.

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 12/09/2006 :  02:46:55 AM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My X, my kids, some of my family. Most just wouldn't get it. Oh, and of course the about 11,000 of you. Closely guarded secret I guess-except in public. Go figure.

Mnstnz
Forum Member

Posted - 12/15/2006 :  2:02:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Mnstnz an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I know this subject has been here a while but I am just now gettting to a lot of them. As for my family, some may, some may not. Like many others I kept quiet about it a long time, but now if asked I will tell, no matter who wants to know. I won't force it on those who don't want it and if they don't like it then so be it. I enkoy it when and where I can, alone or with others. I applaud the ones who have freedom at home and with all family members. You are truely blessed.

Peace and Long life to all

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 12/29/2006 :  4:29:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My involvement with social nudism is very limited since I started only last June, but I have given the issue of revealing it to family and friends quite a bit of thought just as many of you have. Very soon after I started I told both of my adult step-daughters, with whom I am very close, about it because I thought it would be better than having them discover the fact some other way. They both reacted with that nervous laugh saying "You did what?" Then they both seemed to accept the news of my eccentricity quite well. They both have since expressed not only acceptance of my life style, but their approval as well, although neither has expressed any interest in trying it.

In addition I've told a few friends. All except for one are female. (I find it easier to discuss with women than men, but I don't really know why.) Additional thought led me to my current position on revealing my proclivity. I'm not going to make any attempt to hide it, and under what I think are the right circumstances I will volunteer the fact. I frequently wear a shirt with the local nude resort logo to meetings of organizations to which I belong.

I'm firmly convinced that there is nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed about, so there is no need for secrecy. If I were not retired and still had an employer and business associates to be concerned about I might not be so cavalier about it, but I suspect that if the general public were more aware of the true nature and popularity of social nudism there might be more acceptance of us and less incentive to try to conceal our activities. And more exposure (pun intended) would surely result in increased popularity and acceptance. But what do I know? Have a nude day.

Enjoyit1961
Forum Member

Posted - 12/30/2006 :  9:40:25 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Enjoyit1961's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Everybody I know know that I am a nudist as I do not intend to hide my joy of being nude for anyone.
I practically never wear clothes. And for those who - but fortunately I very rarely have heard negative reactions - have difficulties with the knowledge that I am a nudist...well, it tells more about them than about me.
Besides that, I was raised in a nudist family so that made it already for a few to me very important and beloved people a lot easier to accept it LOL.
And to my immense joy my son loves it too!

Edited by - Enjoyit1961 on 12/31/2006 04:19:01 AM

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 12/30/2006 :  11:36:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have told most but not all of my family members Mom dad sisters brothers and their wives all know. My wife and kids have gone at various times to nude resorts and beaches etc. with me. I still don't tell most of my co-workers and hardly any friends except very close ones. I just know my family will always accept me not so sure about others.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep. -- Robert Frost

Le Nudiste

Posted - 02/28/2007 :  08:39:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My friends and famliy don't know about my nudism, but when I go nude, I do it for escapism.

I want to feel liberated and selfishly, I don't want to have to concern myself with how family feel towards my nudity.

That said, I doubt my family would have any problem, but for me it's a personal and private pleasure that I want to keep for me. My nudist friends are completely sepeate to my home life and it works for me that way.

photonpro
Forum Member

Posted - 02/28/2007 :  09:41:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Personally I’m an agnostic, but for cripes sake if god had wanted you to run around naked you would have been born that way. Woops I think we all were.

We never put a label on it in my family while I was growing up and although at home we were all nudists, we never practiced social nudism. For sure, we were comfortable nude around much of the extended family and many friends. You have to put me in context though, I went through puberty in around 1958. Things were much different then, In Miami we knew little of the social nudist movement and likely would have rejected it anyway. Although I was brought up an attended Christian bible school as a youth, my father was always into teaching us that our body was like a beautiful temple in itself.

Our outside Nudism usually consisted of private trips by boat to remote areas of Biscayne Bay in the South Florida area. In this environment there was little risk of others finding us and if other did come up, they usually moved on as we would have unless welcomed. We all enjoyed a nudist lifestyle of sorts including family and many friends. Although I can now walk nude down Haulover Beach among hundreds if not thousands of other nudists, I still long for those intimate family, friend nude experiences of my youth, it was really great.

As for now my wife and mother in-law know for sure. My children know I am around the house. Everyone else in the family has passed away.

Bare in the Desert
Forum Member

Posted - 02/28/2007 :  6:41:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not only to my friends and family know, but now my co-workers are aware too. I work at my home office three days a week and the runnning joke during conference calls is to get web-cams.

http://members.cox.net/freedomaz01

dave00
Forum Member

Posted - 02/28/2007 :  7:50:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nobody other than my wife knows, plus all of the wonderful people we have met at various resorts. She is still somewhat of a reluctant nudist and might never go again if I were to share that information with friends or family. Frankly, I don't care who knows, but it's just something that doesn't come up in everyday conversation. My doctor assumes that I go to tanning salons. Since it's not pertinent, I've never felt the need to correct him.

Dave

rickblaine
Forum Member

Posted - 02/28/2007 :  8:21:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since I'm a home nudist no one really knows..but that's ok...since i enjoy it.

KnudeKnave

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  12:39:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Both of our families know with the exception of our late fathers

pete

Page: of 18 Previous Topic: Positive Effects on Nudity Topic Next Topic: how would a nudist receive a package from ups ...  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.25 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved