Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 491 ]  [ Total: 491 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudism, Sex and Sexuality
 Not Lewd, Not Crude, ...Just Nude.
 Does your family know you are a Nudist?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Positive Effects on Nudity Topic Next Topic: how would a nudist receive a package from ups ...
Page: of 18

USHans
Forum Member

Posted - 01/03/2003 :  12:00:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
jbl1975, being attracted to someone solely on one issue is not healthy. First and foremost, you must like a person for who and what they are. You will always have different interest than who ever you end up with. I would first make sure that I liked a person in everyday settings, sorry no matter what you call nudism it is not everyday life, unfortunalty.

Once you know that you would like to develop the relationship further, gradually start talking about your nudist interest and how much you would love to share them with her, just don't be pushy.

As for telling my family. I have recently recognized my nudism and becoming for comfortable with it. Now that I think back I always wanted to be nude, I hate cloths always have, but society did a number on me. I have always been interested in nudism and knew all about it. When ever we traveled I would look to see if there were nude beaches near by, just for curiosity sake nothing more :(

Also my situation is complicated. Both my wife and I, are extremely active on our church, I am currently studing to become a Deacon. I know the general view of nudity would be very negative among the general congregation, there is one other couple that knows about my desire and our one and only trip :( My wife is not comfortable with nudism at all and since our first and only trip was not appropriate for us, she does not accept social nudism :(

So out of respect for her I do not tell a lot of people. Our family does not know, I wish they did. I have told one of my brother's girl friends and I assume that she has told my brother and I just told a cousin that I trust (she will not tell anyone, but who I told her she could).

One thing I have learned in my theology classes is that the first step in decernment, is being comfortable with your own actions. I am comfortable that God wants me to be nude, this represents Heaven on Earth. The next step is checking my conclusion with others. That is why I have told this cousin, I know that she is trustworthy and open minded, but she would also tell me if she did not agree.

I will probably also tell Christian friend next week. I know that my wife and her have discussed it, but I never have. Just taking it slow, but that is very frustrating.

Peace in Christ,
Hans

Rich

Posted - 01/03/2003 :  7:48:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I come from a very consertative family. No one would ever think of going nude. I liked the idea of being in the sun nude. I skinny dipped in a lake, and enjoyed it very much. I heard about a local nude beach and visited it. I liked the feeling I got there. I had to go back 2 times, then I was able to take my bathing suit off. In 20-25 minutes I felt it was normal going nude. I never told anyone in my immediate family or friends I go. I don't think they would understand. I got my wife to try going and she loves it too.

chuckie30
Forum Member

Posted - 03/18/2003 :  01:40:40 AM  Show Profile  Send chuckie30 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone, I too am a single guy and do love ging to my club. Yes it would be nice to have a partner to go with, but guys think of it, if you had a partner she would be nagging you constantly to do this or that, going on your own gives you that much more freedom, wink wink. But seriously if you want to meet someone who is interested in our lifestyle the best place would be a nudist resort/club. but do not assume you will meet a partner there. just go along, have fun and if it happens, then it happens if not well you still have a great lifestyle with some of the friendliset people as friends.
regards
chuckie

Big Tim
Forum Member

Posted - 03/18/2003 :  11:03:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Big Tim an AOL message  Send Big Tim an ICQ Message  Send Big Tim a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We are relatively new to nudism and have only visited our local beach, Haulover, several times. My wife has told some of her coworkers that we go there. This past weekend, we told her sister and husband. They didn't believe me at first, my wife had to convince them that I was telling the truth. I think they may join us soon...I hope so.

Visiting Haulover Beach? Join our Group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hauloverfriends

vealj
Forum Member

Posted - 03/27/2003 :  3:15:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit vealj's Homepage  Send vealj an AOL message  Send vealj an ICQ Message  Click to see vealj's MSN Messenger address  Send vealj a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
When I visited my first nudist club around 30 years ago I was so thrilled with it and the idea of nudism I came back home and told my family and friends, anyone who would listen. It never occurred to me that anyone might object and you know, no one ever really did.

My mother and siblings would never visit a camp nor would my friends and co-workers. But it sure made it easier in later years, especially when I got into the activist side and was on TV and radio. After that, EVERYONE knows.

It has never caused me a problem in either my personal or professional life.

Take care and ...
Keep it Bare !!!
- veal
http://www.vealj.com/naturist.html

Edited by - vealj on 03/27/2003 3:17:07 PM

iamlinda

Posted - 04/18/2003 :  10:37:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit iamlinda's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My name is Linda, and I am a Southern California single nudist. My mother is from India and my dad from Czechoslovakia. We ar Jewish, and my mother tried to bring me up like she was brought up - to be ashamed of your body and to hide your imperfections. My parents have known from the beginning. I chose not to hide it. Even to this day 9 1/2 years later, my mom still gets upset. She keeps saying God will punish me. Well I know it isn't true. The nudist lifestyle is the most natural and peaceful and wholesome lifestyle to me. My dad when he was alive would have gone to my club in a second (if my mom would have gone with him). A couple years ago, I revealed my lifestyle to a family friend who informed me that my Aunt and Uncle (before he died 15-20 years ago) went to a nudist resort. I learned this after they had passed away. I cried the whole entire day, because I wasn't allowed to talk to my Aunt about the nudist lifestyle. She died about 3 years ago. My parents swore me to secrecy, and what was sad was that they knew my aunt and uncle were nudists. Their children didn't.

NudeInSarasota

Posted - 05/23/2003 :  09:26:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by IslandGirl

This is a question I have discussed with many people from time to time. Some have said their family knows and it is accepted, others say that their family wouldn't understand and so keep it a secret. I would like to know others views on this....
The answer to your question will become self-evident when you ask yourself the question "Is my chosen lifestyle (nudism/naturism) something I am ashamed of?" Your family loves you for the person you are, which includes every aspect of your self. By letting your family know that you are a nudist/naturist you take a positive step forward toward dispelling the sterio-typing that has placed nudists/naturists into the 'weird' category.

cyndiann
Forum Member

Posted - 06/01/2003 :  4:47:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit cyndiann's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey Sarasota, didn't you read the post right above yours? Not everyone's parents are going to be comfortable with this and accept it. Sometimes the uproar it causes isn't worth making points for nudism.

Some people, especially those with heavy duty religious beliefs are just not going to accept this no matter what and pushing it at them will only create deep problems within the family.

cyndiann

Out of my mind.....

back in five minutes.

Edited by - cyndiann on 06/01/2003 4:50:00 PM

Mickk3

Posted - 06/22/2003 :  4:54:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I haven't even had my first experience and my folks and sibs know. My parents are both very involved in their (Catholic) church.

I'll be having my first nudist outing in July, when I am going to New York State where my family lives in.

In their little town, there's only one hotel.. it's depressing as all get-out, so I decided to camp instead. I wasn't even thinking about nudist camping but I went on line to find campgrounds in the area. I wanted nice grounds as well as a lake. The only one I found in the area was - http://www.buckridge-park.com/.
I thought ' well why the hell not?"

I called my folks to tell them I was coming to visit and they asked if I was staying at O.B.'s (the hotel). I told them I was staying at Buckridge Nudist Campgrounds about 30 minutes drive from them.

Mom - how is it you got to be so secure with yourself coming from me?

Me - I dunno, mum.

Mom - Well I'm not going to visit you there... you'll have to come here.

Me - I'm thankful for that.

Mom - I'm too fat.

Dad said - take mosquito repellant.

My parents are secure with my ethics and morals.

I'm lucky that way

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 06/22/2003 :  5:05:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Enjoy Buckridge. It's a nice park. BTW, there are lots of facts in Christianity to support nudism. I'll be happy to email them to you if you're interested.
Enjoy it!
:) Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 06/22/2003 :  10:14:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, Cheri has already posted some excellent references about nudism and Christianity at "What is the relation between religion and nudism?".

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 06/23/2003 :  09:15:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my family knows that i have swum nude since childhood at a nearby swimming hole, and know from the no tan lines that i follow it now. they regard it as a harmless eccentricity.
other people are aware of it, i dont hide it, and you shouldnt. hid it for a while a number of years ago, but felt if they dont like it and fire me then the company probably isnt a place i want to stay with anyway. (it wasnt). about going alone to camps/beaches. went alone for years. met good people. had fun. am returning after caretaking family. networking more cuz want to travel more & meet nice people like in this forum (even if i disagree/and you with me)

Cinderela
Forum Member

Posted - 07/11/2003 :  07:18:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Of course they know I'm a nudist, if they don't then they have severe vision problems. Nude 24/7 unless I'm going somewhere. By the way, it's much easier being nudist because getting dressed or undressed is something you can do anywhere which is a real time saver, don't you think?

*chuckle*

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 07/11/2003 :  08:37:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cinderella, IMHO There are times and places for being nude. If guests or family are arriving at your home, wouldn't it be more hospitable if you were to put on a pareo or something to make these guests more comfortable unless of course that they are also nudists. There are some people who are offended by simple nudity who are my friends. My 94 yr.old mother-in-law would not take kindly to seeing me and her son in the house w/o clothes. She does lives about an hr. away and there's no chance of her staying with us even overnight. When my sister visits, she is a nudist and I've no problem in being nude 24/7. However, one of her two sons is uncomfortable with it, and I dress. I'd rather have his company and put on something than not spend time with him.

:) Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

lvnv777
Forum Member

Posted - 08/24/2003 :  11:40:11 PM  Show Profile  Send lvnv777 an AOL message  Click to see lvnv777's MSN Messenger address  Send lvnv777 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
hELLO THERE FROM ROBBIE OF HAWAII,

NO ONE REALLY HAS TO KNOW IF U R OR NOT. THAT IS PRIVATE FROM WITHIN YOURSELF. THERE ARE NO NUDE OR NATURISTS PLACES IN HAWAII ON THE ISLAND OF OAHU. THERE ARE FEW ON MAUI, KAUAI, AND THE BIG ISLAND. OAHU HAD A FEW NUDE BEACHES AND PRIVATE HOMES TO GO TO ENJOY EACH OTHERS COMPANY, BUT NONE THAT I KNOW OF. THE ONES I KNEW CLOISED UP AND DISCONTUINUED. THE ONLY PLKACE I GO EL NATURALE IS IN MY ROOM.

KEEP SMILIN---THE ROBBIE.

Page: of 18 Previous Topic: Positive Effects on Nudity Topic Next Topic: how would a nudist receive a package from ups ...  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.28 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved