Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 435 ]  [ Total: 435 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudism and The Law
 Latest Nudist Law Updates
 Jurisdiction vs Law enforcement
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Cheap NFL Jerseys Topic Next Topic: Naked Vetran with mental problem pays the price  

MTBnudist
Forum Member

Posted - 02/23/2016 :  2:34:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone, I was writing to my local representative about a question I had regarding nudity on state land (not illegal in PA). My problem is I am hesitant to send it because I am afraid putting myself out there like that will "put put a target on my head".. have any of you ever written to your local representative or congressman regarding nudity? If so, were they harsh or judgmental in their response or did they answer you and stick to the facts of the law?

The question I was writing to them with is the fact that a local state park "Blue Marsh Lake", is obviously state land. There are posted signs saying it is patrolled by local law enforcement and that local laws apply within. My question is regarding jurisdiction more then anything. As far as I know, laws only apply in the jurisdiction in which they are passed, and Blue Marsh is state property, their for out of the local jurisdictions. If anyone could provide any incite to any of this I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

I was born naked, so I'm staying naked :)
Blessed Be!!
Derek

Edited by - MTBnudist on 02/23/2016 3:24:07 PM

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 02/23/2016 :  11:56:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You ought to be directing your legal questions to a lawyer, but I think I can offer some insight.

It is a waste of time to ask someone in government if something is legal because they will never give you a definite answer. If they aren't lawyers they probably won't know the law any better than you do.

Regarding jurisdictions, local authorities are usually given the authority to enforce local laws on state and federal property. The absence of federal regulations prohibiting nudity does not immunize you from being prosecuted for violating state or local laws prohibiting public nudity.

The best strategy for being nude on state or federal land is to do so in remote areas where there are few people and no cellphone coverage. Your odds of encountering a ranger or other authority would be slim and anyone else would have a hard time reporting you even if they had a desire to do so.

Bill Bowser - Cincinnati
Not lewd, not crude, just nude.

Nudists are everywhere, but they're hard to identify with their clothes on.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 02/24/2016 :  02:00:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bill is correct, as far as my experience with writing letters to government officials to get a straight answer to a nudist's question.

I wrote a letter to the County Sheriff, the City Attorney, the Mayor and Congressman. I received replies from the Sheriff and Mayor. In a very short sentence ..."political dodging word play." Neither letter answered my questions and they both implied that sexual activity was against the law.

I replied to them both about their letters rebutting the assumptions and accusations and didn't get a response. That was a few years ago and I've not changed my way of life here at home and I've not had any negative repercussions because of the letters. So ... I'd do as Bill says and consult a lawyer and find out what his/her interpretation of the law/ordinance is.

Good luck!

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Nature-boy1776

Posted - 03/02/2016 :  06:02:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As others have said, consult a lawyer, know the law better than the officer that you are likely to encounter. However, if you and your lawyer can PROVE that nudity is in fact legal at that location then consider contacting the head of the precinct tasked with patrolling that area or their legal advisor, to bring that FACT to their attention. That will give then time to notify the officers and prepare them to only enforce the law. https://breastsarehealthy.wordpress.com/2015/12/11/tis-the-season-to-contact-police-feel-free-to-plagiarize/ This blog post has a guide aimed at female topfreedom, but has some very effective ideas.

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 03/31/2016 :  12:16:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if it's a state park i'd go to the park office or at least call and ask for the park supervisor, most parks have rangers or some kind of enforcement but in most areas local law enforcement have jurisdiction too.

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 03/31/2016 :  01:26:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a practical matter you should realize that it is always easier for anyone you ask to deny that nudity is allowed even if there are no regulations prohibiting it. And government bureaucrats can be counted on to take the path of least resistance. Don't ask the park superintendent, ask a ranger and get a better answer.

Bill Bowser - Cincinnati
Not lewd, not crude, just nude.

Nudists are everywhere, but they're hard to identify with their clothes on.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 03/31/2016 :  01:53:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How true. At San Onofre State Beach in north San Diego County, the rangers never had any problem with the nudity at Trail 6. It was always the Superintendent and he made it his mission to get that privilege taken away.

You get a more honest answer from the worker bees!

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 04/10/2016 :  01:09:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Some rangers may be more friendly than others - the same with policeman. The latter can cut you some slack, while other officers can have bad attitudes, as with any group of employees. Not to be critical rangers of officers at all.

If one is going to risk a possible arrest, and there are a few in your beach-going group adventure, you might sit in such a way where everyone is looking in different directions, so as to see approaching officials before that get to you. Just a thought.

As for myself, I don't like to risk being cited. Not worth it for me. I'll travel to the nearest nude-friendly beach.

“I rise early almost every morning and sit in my chamber, without any clothes whatever, half an hour or an hour, according to the season, either reading or writing.”
Ben Franklin

doug2323
Forum Member

Posted - 04/24/2016 :  04:08:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Law is like sex - Everyone thinks they know what they're e talking about, very few do. At least that's what my wife says, not sure why?

No place better than an internet forum to get legal advice.

MTBnudist
Forum Member

Posted - 05/25/2016 :  10:18:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you everyone for all your input, you all gave very good advise! I will post any results I actually get.

I was born naked, so I'm staying naked :)
Blessed Be!!
Derek

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 05/25/2016 :  3:48:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by doug2323

Law is like sex - Everyone thinks they know what they're e talking about, very few do. At least that's what my wife says, not sure why?

No place better than an internet forum to get legal advice.

I went back and re-read all the posts and no one gave any "legal advice," on the contrary ... everyone told the OP to seek a lawyer's advice!

Previous Topic: Cheap NFL Jerseys Topic Next Topic: Naked Vetran with mental problem pays the price  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.6 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved