Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 441 ]  [ Total: 442 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Education - Promoting the Nudist Lifestyle
 How to educate your non-nudist family members
 Introducing teen children (13G & 15B) to Nudism?
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: How to tell your 17 yr old daughter your a nudist. Topic Next Topic: Any right ways to introduce get kids to try c/o ?
Page: of 2

jjinohio2

Posted - 10/18/2004 :  02:35:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wife and I want to participate in landed & non-landed club events, but do not want to leave our children behind. We have a 13 Y/O daughter and a 15 Y/O son who are unaware of our interests. Looking for suggestions on how to approach the subject with them without turning them off or 'grossing them out'. Any suggestions?

ranul
Forum Member

Posted - 10/20/2004 :  11:51:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
let them catch you naked a few times after the shower or in the morning and leave some panphlets about the club where they could find them .

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 10/21/2004 :  7:40:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
See if you can find some of these pamphlets or books about nudism that show kids the same age running around having a good time. If they see other kids enjoying themselves there then they may be intereested, but be sure that the photos don't appear to be from the 1950's or have that dated look to them. I would also reccomend talking to the owners or some of the members of the resort about other families with kids around your own kids age. Then make arrangements to meet them and see if your kids and theirs get along. Often another kid can be more of a positive endorsement than anything you could say. But be warned that at that age those kids are less likely to take to nudism than they might have at a younger age. You've got your work cut out for you I think but good luck.

"The best dress for walking is nakedness." Colin Fletcher

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 10/22/2004 :  11:22:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
jj, I have some great brochures for teens that were published by the AANR/ASA - send me a SASE, and I'll gladly forward it to you.

Cheri Alexander
PO Box 90836
Columbia, SC 29290

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

pilot
Forum Member

Posted - 10/28/2004 :  07:55:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When we have visited Club Orient, there have always been a couple of families with teenage (naturist) kids on the property. I would not suggest "surprising" them, but going on a trip with mom and dad to experience a different culture may be less stressful than trying it out "at home". Kids will have the same concerns (What if my friends find out?) as adults. Teens are often more body-conscious and concerned than other age groups.

A lot will depend on how you present this to you kids, and how united a position the parents have.

I think it wise to give them the clothing option in clothing optional. There's a lot to process.

I second the suggestion of making sure that home (safest environment from their perspective) is seen as naturist-safe. Leaving doors open and not making a big deal about state of (un)dress is really important in creating a sense of security. For example, our daughter no longer notices whatever state of dress we happen to be in. At the same time, she knows we typically relax at the pool au naturel, and there is periodically a shout "Mom, Dad, the FedEx truck is driving up!" or similar.

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 01/24/2005 :  09:09:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This may difficult considering the age. And if the children haven't seen you nude in years, you have your work cut out for you. So I recommend a very gradual method. Letting them see you nude is the first step; but don't be blatant about it. That will open up the conversation. The next step is introducing the idea of nude recreation, but clothing-optional should be emphasized. Let them know and be sure that they have the option of remaining dressed the whole time. Once you make it to the resort, your kids will probably at least be curious about being nude. Allow them to go off on their own and do their own thing. Even if they don't go nude, they will walk away with a positive experience.

old hippie
Forum Member

Posted - 01/24/2005 :  12:44:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jjinohio2

Wife and I want to participate in landed & non-landed club events, but do not want to leave our children behind. We have a 13 Y/O daughter and a 15 Y/O son who are unaware of our interests. Looking for suggestions on how to approach the subject with them without turning them off or 'grossing them out'. Any suggestions?

JJ-
Are you certain they are not aware? It's hard to believe the kids have spent more than ten years in the same house and not figures out something so important. Teenagers are astonishingly perceptive; you might want to ask first if they have noticed where you have gone on previous vacations.
Good luck, and keep the peace.

The Old Hippie

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

JustJim
Forum Member

Posted - 05/05/2006 :  2:41:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are a wide range of video's available from organizations like AANR that are designed to explain the "nudist experience" to first timers of all ages and sexes. I would suggest browsing the sites and taking time to select one or two that seem to fit your needs by the description of the video.
I recommend landed visits over non-landed clubs because of the sheer number of population you can "get lost in" and become anonymous in the crowd. Landed facilities generally have one or more swimming pools..so those who are shy can at least stand around in water up to their shoulders until they realize nobody cares that they're nude, and nobody is ashamed of being nude. They will adapt much quicker that way.
Kids make 'natural' nudists because they don't have 40 years of history in which we're taught to "hide our bodies"...
Talk to them about what you would like to do..(visiting a resort as a family), show them the video..and then discuss it with them afterwards to see what problems they might have with it. THey may be more ready to go than you are!

JustJim

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 05/05/2006 :  4:11:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not all parks have a pool or two. Some have only a lake if that. There are a number of nonlanded clubs that have swims at country clubs or rec halls.

Often nonlanded clubs will have people who are more welcoming. Often times a smaller crowd is more tolerable for the first time. It depends on the person.

Wherever you go for the first time is important. If you do want to visit a nudist park, you can call to see if there are any events scheduled for the youngsters.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

nurserobin
Forum Member

Posted - 05/05/2006 :  4:34:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have 2 teens as well - girl 16 and boy 18 and I started going to a nude beach 2 years ago. My daughter is aware that I go to a nude beach and my son, I believe, is oblivious. My daughter's reaction (and I constantly offer to take her to the beach) is EWWWWWW! My son's reactions to the suggestion of my nudity was evident when I threatened to come downstairs naked if my dtr didn't give me my robe back: "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CARLY, GIVE HER THE ROBE!!!!" LOL. My kids are textiles, born and raised, and I know that they are not at all interested in nudity - mine or theirs. Perhaps yours will be different - but I have a feeling that if there's been no family nudity up to now it might be very difficult to introduce at this time. I've accepted that and hope that someday they'll find their own way to nudism. My thought would be to tell them where you are going and why and let them digest it for awhile - don't bring them until they're interested in going or you might freak them out. But who knows, maybe your children have been closet nudists all along and will surprise you!

balataf
Forum Member

Posted - 07/21/2006 :  03:47:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit balataf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Altho I have mentioned it in other threads (non-textile type threads, the subject is right on target here.

My Wife and I are long-term home nudists, with my 14-YO boy following suite (non-textile suite). My son has only attended one Phi Nu swim, while my Wife and I have done three swims and two house parties, so far. While there have been a handful of kids from infant to about age five, he was the only teenager to come even once, and felt quite alone.

He does not feel secure in inviting his male colleagues, more so for girl friends, and extremely so for girls he doesn't know very well.

I'm sure other teens have that same dilemma.

nickandallyfl

Posted - 11/18/2007 :  10:07:47 AM  Show Profile  Send nickandallyfl a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I was not raised as a nudist but when I was 12 I was invited to skinny dip with my parents and some of their friends. I think it was more of a joke but I took it serious and went out to join them. I think it was the invitation and letting me make my own choice. If they said take off your shorts and go swimming I would have run away.

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 11/18/2007 :  2:57:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Recalling my own teenage years (back in the Mesozoic Era), I can't help but think that the adolescent years may be the worst time to try and introduce your children to nudism. Much younger children are natural nudists, left to their own devices, and a visit to a nude beach or family resort would probably be a bit of a lark. At 15 or 16, however, a person is trying to come to terms with one's burgeoning sexuality, and finding oneself naked in a group of strangers might prove stressful and embarassing, to say the least. In addition, this is precisely the time of life when children are struggling to differentiate themselves from their parents. Is this the best time to announce "OK kids, time to get naked with Mom and Dad!"? I think not.

jim19452
Forum Member

Posted - 11/19/2007 :  11:05:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit jim19452's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree with Doc. I am of two minds about informing the teenagers about your nudist activities. If the subject came up, I wouldn't dodge the issue.

Best Wishes, Jim

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 02/01/2008 :  7:35:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My two children were raised as nudist but when they were approaching the teen years they quit participating ,we all go through those awkward years and they did to,I have seen a few teens introduced to nudism but have seen more leave and have talked to the parents about it but came to the same conclusion ,they're teenagers.As much as I enjoy being a nudist maybe if I was introduced to it by my parents as a teen I may have shyed away ,because I was like most teen and very self concious and shy,but good luck and I hope it works out for you.

McNigel
Forum Member

Posted - 02/02/2008 :  05:16:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is impossible to introduce anything to a teenager.
If you are very cunning you can make them think that something was their idea, but I don't rate your chances with nudism.

I'd say your chances are 0.001% with the boy and 5% with the girl.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: How to tell your 17 yr old daughter your a nudist. Topic Next Topic: Any right ways to introduce get kids to try c/o ?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.38 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved