Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 179 ]  [ Total: 179 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 Current Events
 Textile taking photo's at a CO beach
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: More Awful Swimsuits Topic Next Topic: MERRY CHRISTMAS
Page: of 5

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 10/17/2017 :  07:21:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Had an experience today where a woman (textile wearing a one piece suit) was walking along trying to hide a large camera, an SLR type with a large tele-photo lens. I thought she was taking photos of the great sandstone cliffs above the beach but no, she was taking shots of other naked people at the beach.

When she walked back past me I asked her what she was up to and suggested she should not be doing this without the consent of these people. She ignored me and kept walking, then she blatantly took some more photo's.

Given every phone is also a camera I wondered whether I should say something. But most people I've seen with a phone take photo's of themselves or people they are with.

This woman was taking photo's of other people without them knowing.

What to do?

SBN.

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 10/22/2017 :  4:47:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ugh. I hate hearing stories like this. One's legal options are limited. Perhaps the best approach is a confrontation - non-violent, of course - by a group of people. If the offender can be made uncomfortable enough, that might drive him or her away.

It is a bit unusual that it was a woman was the perp. Hooray for equality, eh?

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 10/23/2017 :  07:06:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Yes the perp was a woman, surprisingly. As she walked down the beach she had her camera behind her back as some beach walkers passed her,she kept walking and I assumed she was just taking landscape shots. It was only when she walked back and had to pass myself and one or two others that I noticed she was taking shots of some people.

I thought about what some of you guys on the site might say. Apart from approaching her, which was awkward when naked even though it's a legal CO beach, I was limited as to what I could say and she pretended not to hear me with ear plugs in. It annoyed me when she walked another 10m and took a photo of a guy near me.

Some of our beaches here have had people trying to get them closed so this sort of thing is a concern.

Cheers, SBN.

gnarlyoldman
Forum Member

Posted - 10/24/2017 :  6:40:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is very limited legal restrictions on taking photos in a public place. Paparazzi follow celebrities all the time to get unauthorized pictures which then become THEIR property to sell for publication.

The action nudists need to do is to affirm that we are all beautiful people and we are not ashamed of our beautiful human body. One day some years ago I noticed a guy with a big lens taking photos of nudes at a hot spring from a distance. I stood up, looked right at him, and waved. He left shortly later after being noticed. But somewhere there are images of myself and others which may outlive me.

My other response is to post nude photos of myself on-line. When you claim yourself and claim your right to live naked, there really isn't much someone else can say or do.

Naked is green.

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 10/25/2017 :  07:46:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

GOM, thanks for the feedback, it was a strange situation to be in. She sort of kept going after taking the photo of the next guy down from me. She only took a photo his back and you could see his hip and side of his butt but not his face and not a full frontal. Thanks again for your suggestions. Cheers, SBN.

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 10/25/2017 :  8:13:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This will probably draw a lot of fire, but it seems to me that we nudists ought to grow thicker skin. So what if some creep photographs you. If you’re not doing anything inappropriate then there shouldn’t be a problem. Even if your picture shows up on some voyeur website, so what? Only other voyeurs will go there to see it, and if they get some enjoyment from it how does that affect you? While I’ve always known that society has a very immature attitude about nudity, I thought nudists would be at least a little more adult, but that doesn’t seem to be the case. We’d all be happier if we stopped worrying about things that are essentially harmless.

Bill Bowser - Cincinnati
Not lewd, not crude, just nude.

Nudists are everywhere, but they're hard to identify with their clothes on.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 10/25/2017 :  9:36:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with Bill to a point. Not throwing fire but there is two sides, at least, to this argument. Pushing age 65, I could really give a damn who takes my picture. If they are that hard up, more power to them. I do not appreciate them taking pictures of my wife without her consent and that's where I don't agree with Bill.

I don't think nudists are being unreasonable for being upset or confronting those that you see taking your pictures without consent ... nude or clothed! What you do about it is up to you but to do nothing and say nothing is equal to allowing someone to take photos of you at a park, an amusement park, your children, while your driving, eating, sleeping ... it happens, yes, but it doesn't make it right nor does saying something about it to those you catch, make you less grown up than those that just ignore these pervs and voyeurs. If we truly feel that how we live and how we recreate, should be treated the same as when we are clothed, then it shouldn't make a difference if someone is taking our picture clothed and we just ignore them. I'm sure many of us would want to know why the hell someone is taking our picture and for what purpose.

I've said it before, "if you're afraid of your picture being taken at a nude venue, don't go." I've also said, "it's not the cameras you see that should concern you, it's the ones you don't see." Cameras are everywhere and even more so at a nude venue. I'm protective of my wife ... don't know many men that are not. It took me a long time to get her to enjoy social nudism and I protect that. If I see someone taking pictures of her or in our direction, I confront them and usually with my own phone camera.

What bothers me is that many of these jerks are almost always hunting for younger women and that usually ends up with these women not visiting the beach again. ALL you have left is guys, lots and lots of guys. My wife doesn't like going to the beach with nothing but guys because when you get that many at the beach, the perv/voyeur/creep ratio goes way, way up!

We go do nothing and ignore these people and the word gets out that "you can go down to the nude beach and take all the pictures you want, no one will say anything," or you can do something and these same people will then say, "you can go down there and try and take pictures but you're taking your chances that those nude people aren't going to react negatively."

My wife and I still visit, I'm still watchful as is she. If she senses a perv or voyeur, she'll just cover with a sarong. They get tired and move on. If I see them over and over again, I get up outta my chair and I'm not afraid to be confrontational.

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Edited by - FireProf on 10/25/2017 9:39:52 PM

nudistmormon
Forum Member

Posted - 10/26/2017 :  01:17:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
on another post (i think it had to do with drones)if someone wants to take a photo of me while im nude, i am flattered. i could care less if it ends up on the internet as i already post my own to begin with. ive been trying for some time no to get 2 of mine set as my profile pic and avatar. it is my belief that the only way to really change views on nudism is to not worry so much if we are being photographed, let the textiles see we arent the immoral people they think. as a believer in God, i see it as more disrepectful to God when we are or act like we are ashamed of what God created. If he created us, why would he want us to be or pretend to be ashamed of what he created? yes my thoughts are unorthodox but its just my line of thought.

Not new here, I usd to have the s/n loves2bnude

gnarlyoldman
Forum Member

Posted - 10/26/2017 :  11:39:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nudistmormon
it is my belief that the only way to really change views on nudism is to not worry so much if we are being photographed, let the textiles see we arent the immoral people they think.

Right you are nudistmormon. We won't make progress for naked becoming acceptable unless we nudists get over our fear of being seen naked.

Naked is green.

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 10/26/2017 :  1:38:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is unfortunate that some women don’t go to nude venues because of a fear of encountering some creep with a camera, but that is their choice. If they had a thicker skin, as I suggested previously, they would ignore the creeps, who are annoying, but pretty harmless. I’m told that photographing the creeps makes them very uncomfortable, so I would suggest that approach with them. My belief in personal freedom recognizes the creeps right to take photographs in public places, but it also gives me the right to try to make their lives miserable for annoying me.

Bill Bowser - Cincinnati

gnarlyoldman
Forum Member

Posted - 10/26/2017 :  2:55:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Bowser
some creep with a camera,

Did you ever hear of a female "creep"? Me neither. The term "creep" is a sexist anti-men slam that has been accepted by other men.

Here we have a man with a camera is defined as "a creep." No women with a camera is called "a creep" even when she is checking out or photographing male bodies.

Not picking on you specifically. I just get offended by men being called such offensive names. I don't buy it.

Naked is green.

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 10/26/2017 :  4:33:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Thanks for all the comments, understand and respect all. Some good and interesting points of view. Understand and agree with the thicker skin and hey we are naked in a public place comments.

The photographer being a woman was unusual I thought and guess I wondered at the motivation. This part of the beach is at the end of a textile beach and the CO sign removed so it's not clear where legally we can get nude. The legal entry is around a point about a mile around the coast from another road and carpark so I'm not sure if where many of us go naked is within the defined area and it can be a sensitive topic. Many of us have been using this part of the beach for years without any trouble and the textiles who walk along accept the nudity.

At another CO beach nearby a developer with lots of connections and some power tried to have that beaches CO approval removed as he owned land nearby that he wanted to develop and thought it devalued the land. He regularly made accusations in the media about the seedy goings on in the dunes and caused police to attend. Those goings on do happen some times and that's why I have strong opinions about that behaviour not occurring at the beach, if you meet someone you like and want to go further take them home or go to their house.

SBN.

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 10/26/2017 :  8:44:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Part of the problem with inappropriate behavior at clothing-optional beaches is a result of their secluded locations. The authorities authorize C-O beaches only in very private areas so society doesn’t have to see us, but ithat provides a good place for people who don’t want to be seen to engage in all sorts of bad behavior. It is almost never the nudists who cause the problems, but itinerant miscreants who use the C-O beach for illicit activities.

Bill Bowser - Cincinnati

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 10/26/2017 :  9:57:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by soonbnude

Thanks for all the comments, understand and respect all. Some good and interesting points of view. Understand and agree with the thicker skin and hey we are naked in a public place comments.

The photographer being a woman was unusual I thought and guess I wondered at the motivation. This part of the beach is at the end of a textile beach and the CO sign removed so it's not clear where legally we can get nude. The legal entry is around a point about a mile around the coast from another road and carpark so I'm not sure if where many of us go naked is within the defined area and it can be a sensitive topic. Many of us have been using this part of the beach for years without any trouble and the textiles who walk along accept the nudity.

At another CO beach nearby a developer with lots of connections and some power tried to have that beaches CO approval removed as he owned land nearby that he wanted to develop and thought it devalued the land. He regularly made accusations in the media about the seedy goings on in the dunes and caused police to attend. Those goings on do happen some times and that's why I have strong opinions about that behaviour not occurring at the beach, if you meet someone you like and want to go further take them home or go to their house.

SBN.

I think the difference here is this, in my opinion ... women can be creeps too. It's just that it's really... being honest and if all the guys here are also honest and truthful ... it's usually and mostly the guys that act inappropriately at nude beaches. I've called guys creeps too and as I stated, women can be as well but since it's mostly the guys that are creepy ... we haven't come up with a word or name for the women that also are creeps and act creepy, but in all my years visiting clubs, resorts and beaches all over the country and even in other countries, we've never seen or experienced a woman acting creepy.

On that note; this woman ... who's to say that she isn't trying to get pictures of guys acting inappropriately or doing her best to take pictures of guys, gals or couples acting inappropriately so she can use those pictures as evidence that the authorities need to close down nude use of the beach. She doesn't have to be a creep to have ulterior motives for taking these pictures.

Edited by - FireProf on 10/26/2017 10:00:26 PM

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 10/27/2017 :  07:46:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I suppose this situation could make us take notice of people around us for the wrong reason. Instead of seeing people enjoying themselves reasonably or wandering aimlessly in the freedom of a legal CO beach it could make us take notice of people and be suspicious instead of ambivalent, I don't want to do that. Yes creeps can be anywhere and the comments show the same abuse of these freedoms can occur anywhere. Maybe we all need to try to do something about inappropriate behaviour which may not be someone taking photo's of others without their permission but using CO beaches for other activities than maybe they were intended. SBN.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 10/27/2017 :  11:39:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes ... we all need to be more aware of our surroundings and activities happening within our view but ... my wife and I have observed way too many "nudists" that either look the other way or ... prefer to watch.

At our once nude beach, we observed many regulars watching sexual activity happening right next to them and they pretended not to notice until I got up and went over to stop the activity, then and only then did the other nudists get up and confront the offender. I can't tell you how many times I've heard the phrase, "I was gonna say something but ..."

Saying something can sometimes backfire ... as it did with the nudists and State Park officials. In 18 months, there were 13 reports of sexual activity on our once nude beach. 5 of those reports ended up in citations for lewd conduct in the parking lot, over 1 mile away from the nude section of the beach. The other 8 notifications were also made by nudists to the rangers for assistance in removing the offenders from the beach. In the end, State Park Rangers used those incidents to close our beach. So ... in "mild" defense of nudists not saying anything, sometimes nudists are concerned that if we complain or lodge complaints, the easy fix for authorities is to just close down the beach to nude use.

My wife is not afraid to get into someone's face either. She's scolded many offenders and nudists who just sit and say nothing. She's a bit more diplomatic and eloquent on her delivery than I am. Point being, you can't just stand by and say nothing but there could be repercussions, personally or to the entire venue.

I'm not automatically suspicious of others on nude beaches. For the most part, the vast majority are good people and real nudists. Having visited many nude beaches, it's not too difficult to know which ones to be leery of and to pay attention to but that's not full proof. We aren't concerned about pictures being taken unless it's pretty blatant.

Page: of 5 Previous Topic: More Awful Swimsuits Topic Next Topic: MERRY CHRISTMAS  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.34 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved