Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 458 ]  [ Total: 458 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Have you ever learned a new skill....
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: I have decided... Topic Next Topic: difficult (for me) issue  

stealer
Forum Member

Posted - 10/22/2017 :  1:47:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First off, I'm new here to the forum. The only times I've really ever been naked beyond the confines of my own home are the few instances when I've attempted to sunbathe nude out in my back yard.

This next year, I'm planning on visiting a nude resort for the first time. One of the things I really want to do is make use of the swimming pools. I've heard swimming nude is a pretty enjoyable experience. Only trouble is, I can't swim. I never learned when I was younger, so I start adult swim lessons in November, lol. Aside from being able to make use of the pool at that resort, I think it will also be a great way to get some exercise the rest of the year.

Just curious if anyone else has ever taken up a skill primarily because its something they want to experience while naked?

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 10/22/2017 :  2:08:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sort of.

One day at the nude beach I saw a woman practicing Yoga naked. I was impressed by her level of skill and how natural it looked.
Later on, I did some research and found articles promoting the value of doing Yoga naked. So I bought an instructional tape (VHS days) and taught myself Yoga. For a while I practiced Naked Yoga several times a week.
It is IMHO the most nudist form of exercising. I learned it specifically so I could have a form of naked exercise.

But what you're saying does make sense. For example, I can see the value of learning volley-ball - which is often practiced at nudist resorts or beaches and is a good form of socialization - in order to be able to participate in nudist volley-ball matches.

stealer
Forum Member

Posted - 10/22/2017 :  2:24:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hadn't thought of yoga. I do some yoga and/or stretching exercises to help stretch out my back. This resort I'm planning on going to has a morning yoga class so I might have to try that while I'm there.

calgarymark
Forum Member

Posted - 10/22/2017 :  3:26:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Several years ago, I tried ordinary (clothed) yoga and liked it. However, the studio had a crisis and closed - that has been my excuse for not going back, even though it re-opened.

A few years later I went to a resort with a high-in-the-trees, overlooking-the-bay, yoga floor and roof (no walls). I chose to try the little yoga I knew clothes-free. It was great, except for two things: I had an injured/arthritic back and therefore limited flexibility, and all the other (all clothed!) yogis were far more advanced than me - so I sat on my towel on my mat at the back and watched a lot. As you can tell, I have great memories of that experience!

If you can take your own mat, and put a towel on it, you will enjoy the experience, I'm sure.

CalgaryMark
Growing old is mandatory, Growing up is optional. Laughing at yourself is therapeutic.

stealer
Forum Member

Posted - 11/18/2017 :  2:45:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I did indeed have my first swim lesson, and it went well. They had us swimming all the way across the pool within a half hour. Unfortunately I also came down with the flu about the same time and had to miss the next three lessons. Since there's only 7 lessons total, I basically missed half of them. So, a slight setback, but I plan to press on. I can re-enroll in the next class and try again.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 11/18/2017 :  3:02:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I kinda learned to "sail" a small sailing dinghy at Club Orient ... way back in 2002! I hoped to continue those lessons but never got around to it. It was fun learning at Club Orient because they almost expected you to be naked.

I've worked on my beach volleyball skills at our nude beaches. There was a court at Club Orient but seldom used during the times we visited ... nowadays it's gone with the rest of Club O but it too shall return someday!

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 11/19/2017 :  05:13:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Better go to Club Orient. Compulsory naked sailing sounds great. I have basic sailing skills but a refresher would be great. SBN.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 11/19/2017 :  11:12:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
A friend had a stand-up paddle-board at the nude beach and she let me give it a try. It was a lot of fun, I wasn't very good at it but it was a lot of fun.

Diger

nudeman16
Forum Member

Posted - 11/19/2017 :  11:51:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
used to bike ride and walk/run nude in the desert, hope to start up again one day

Shaun Manuel Sigala

ddoger
Forum Member

Posted - 11/21/2017 :  02:48:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
DW and I just returned from two weeks at a resort where we enjoyed 13 straight days of morning nude yoga. This was our 2nd year there and quite enjoyed it.

stealer
Forum Member

Posted - 11/21/2017 :  6:53:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The resort I'm planning to go to next summer has morning nude yoga. I'm looking forward to trying that.

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 09/12/2019 :  11:58:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can’t think of any. There are plenty of things that I already do, and want to try (or already have tried) naked, but I can’t think of anything I tried just because I wanted to be naked. Last month when I visited my first nude resort I got to try naked horseshoes, bike riding (I had ridden my bike naked before but just quickly around the block late at night), miniature golf, pool (billiards), darts (I’ve thrown darts naked at my house before but never with others), and a few other things.

stealer
Forum Member

Posted - 09/17/2019 :  9:43:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I never followed up on my original post. So I did in fact start swim lessons prior to going to a nude resort for the first time. Unfortunately about a week after starting lessons I came down with the flu and then a respiratory deal, so the formal lessons were a bust. I also wasn't real happy with the way the lessons were being conducted. So I came up with plan B. I found a swim course online consisting of videos and printed materials. I took it all with me to the resort, and then I basically went through a couple of lessons every night while I was there. It was great! I'd usually head down to the indoor pool about 10pm and then spend 2-3 hours working on my swim lessons. I pretty much had the place to myself at that time of night, which was awesome compared to the crowded public pool I was dealing with before. By the end of the first night I was already feeling 1000% more confident in the water. I could front float, back float, etc., and by the next night I was swimming. The pool itself was only about 5 feet deep, so not too much of a chance I'd get myself into too much trouble. I'm definitely not ready for the olympics just yet, but having fun in the pool just makes me look forward to more trips to that resort.

The other thing, its so easy and convenient to go swimming at a nude resort. There's literally nothing you have to do to 'get ready'. You don't have to get undressed or change into shorts or a swimsuit. When I wanted to got for a swim at 10pm, I just walked downstairs to the pool naked, showered and then got into the water. I always enjoyed that. And no soggy wet swimsuit to deal with afterwards either.

Previous Topic: I have decided... Topic Next Topic: difficult (for me) issue  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.17 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved