Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 153 ]  [ Total: 153 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 High heat
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: How many venues have you been to. Topic Next Topic: Candidate for Education on Terminology  

Nude in AK
Forum Member

Posted - 06/04/2020 :  12:54:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In talking with a friend that lives in Texas, we were discussing the temps, 80 and above. How do those of us that prefer to be nude, handle that kind of heat? I like the temps about 60 or so and for the most part do not need to do anything special to deal with the temps.
Decades ago, I could handle high temps, but not any longer.

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 06/04/2020 :  11:08:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Although I lived through four winters in northern Minnesota and once saw the temperature fall to -48°F. that was almost 50 years ago and I don’t want to see any more severe cold. My preference would be about 75-85°F. When the temperature is below 70° I’m a little uncomfortable, but I’ve been nude at 50° in the sunshine with no wind and been reasonably comfortable. I’ve also been in Grand Canyon in the summer when the temperature hovered around 110°, which was pretty toasty, but it wasn’t too bad. Humans seem to adapt pretty well to a fairly wide range of temperatures.

Bill Bowser - Cincinnati
Not lewd, not crude, just nude.

Nudists are everywhere, but they're hard to identify with their clothes on.

Nude in AK
Forum Member

Posted - 06/05/2020 :  12:31:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Having lived in Alaska for over 50 years, I kind of like the cold temps. When it gets above 65 and sunny, it is time to stop working!!!!!! I have been out at 15 degrees shoveling snow with a cut off sweatshirt just enough to keep my shoulders warm. I may only be out for 15-20 minutes but....

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 06/05/2020 :  2:38:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One of many reasons we live where we live... Weather.

I gets cold enough for it to snow... on rare occasion. It can get hot... 112-114 in our valley. Most times our temps range in the 70s to high 80's. We don't hide inside when it's really hot or really cold but we don't stay out in those temps for extended periods of time. We don't sunbake in those high temps and if it's cold, sometimes we'll just wear a sweatshirt and are comfortable.

We were just at our club, Glen Eden, and it was 97 one day, 90 the next and today... we woke up to drizzle and all of our camping stuff was wet! Not cold enough to not put on something to put all the things away.

I think you climatize yourself to whatever temps you live in. We Southern Californians complain when it's below 60 but we don't fret temps above 100. We're used to it.

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Edited by - FireProf on 06/05/2020 2:40:04 PM

stealer
Forum Member

Posted - 06/05/2020 :  8:45:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I live in Western Montana where we'll usually see 90-100+ in the summer. If I'm naked outside when its that hot, I actually remain pretty comfortable all day. On the other hand if I'm wearing a shirt, shorts or jeans, that's when I really start to think about installing a pool so I can cool off.

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 06/09/2020 :  12:31:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My ideal temperature is 82 with low humidity. I rarely get that though. We either get cold and humid or hot and humid. But I can deal with any kind of heat.

Previous Topic: How many venues have you been to. Topic Next Topic: Candidate for Education on Terminology  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.18 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved