Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 412 ]  [ Total: 412 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Unofficial Nude Beaches
 Secret Russian River spots -Sonoma,CA
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: San Onofre, or other So. Calif. beaches Topic Next Topic: Directions - Tanque Verde Falls and Sabino Canyon
Page: of 3

Redbeard
Forum Member

Posted - 03/14/2005 :  9:52:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Secret Russian River spots -
I have discovered several spots to nude around the river with a minimal chance of discovery. Not just the "cruising" areas either! I would like to compare notes with others.
Odd Fellows bridge, Steelhead, Wohler and beyond.

Redbeard
Forum Member

Posted - 04/09/2005 :  11:09:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Odd Fellows Bridge-Sonoma, CA
Located on Oddfellows Rd, off of River rd.
I have been frequenting this hidden little beach for 3 years now and it has become one of my favorites.
The road is closed during winter, the bridge is removed in October, and replaced in May Or June. Because of this the beach area is rarely occupied.I have spent entire weekdays nude there without seeing anyone. The beach curves and has a row of willows as a natural screen from canoeists and gawkers. On weekends before the road is opened, it is not unusual to see several couples and even families go nude there. I have even camped nude on the beach last spring. I felt so priviliged!! Once the bridge is in, the area gets much more "public", so I have cleared a few spots, about 1/4mile upstream for more private sunning. For the adventerous types, there is a clearing and meadow , big enough for frisbee, on a private lot above. I have never seen the owners, so discetion is req'd. As with all nudism in Sonoma Co.,out of sight is out of mind.
Directions- take 101N to river rd., go west untill Oddfellows Rd. Park and take a short walk to the last "do not park" sign on your right. You will see a trail go up the embankment. Proceed to the right and the end of the beach. Lay your towel down and enjoy! If it is Monday you will probably see me!

Redbeard
Forum Member

Posted - 06/09/2005 :  12:10:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Odd Fellows update-
Well, the rain has kept the water levels up, softening the river banks and causing some inevitable erosion.
A bay tree fell right at the sunning area of the beach, but seems to be alive, and the side willows are growing in nicely, so it has worked out to be an even more secluded than before. Last Sunday (6/5) I was there for the afternoon, and several canoeists past by without ever noticing.
I hope to get a campout there before the bridge is installed.

Redbeard
Forum Member

Posted - 06/22/2005 :  02:09:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wohler Bridge-Wohler Rd, sonoma Ca
Upstream of this bridge I have found an incredible opportunity for nudists to enjoy, provided they are willing to adventure a bit, and tolerate a minor annoyance.
The Upstream area is much more remote, mostly accessed only by the river. Nudism seems slightly more tolerated on these banks.
The Wohler Bridge area has a long and mixed history. The beach was more popular in the past as an open nude beach. The County has taken measures since, closing off much of the parking, thus limited access. The current parking area is known to the local sheriffs as a gay cruising spot. People have been cited for lewd behavior there. The lot closes in May, so the sherriffs go away. The best way to access the area is by mtn bike. Parking is about a half mile before the bridge itself,on the road after the "do not park" signs end.
Ride past the water facility, the road decends thru a redwood shaded glen. Beware of work trucks if you come on a weekday. Just as the trees clear you will come to a fork in the road. The left leads to a the beach I prefer, the right to the meadow, and down to the main beach, which is being eroded away. Caution-this area is known for cruising. Whatever.
Follow the LEFT road down and up, thru some bay trees, until you come to a pump station. Walk around this giant dirt mound to the right, where it meets with the main access road. There is an obscure path around the "cone" on its lower right, and this leads down and thru the willows. You can usually bare from this point on. There is the occasional canoer or fishermen, but they seem accustomed to nudists in these upstream areas.
The main area is to the right. You will see the river and various places to throw a blanket. I am forming paths and sunning spots thru the area as I visit., but the best sand I have found is at the downstream end. Recent water flow has cleaned the bank, and it looks like a great swimming area is forming. I will be there on sudays or mondays, hope to see a friendly face!!

Redbeard
Forum Member

Posted - 08/06/2005 :  03:13:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Odd fellows campout!
I had a chance to camp at the Oddfellows bridge just after july 4th.W-F. Had the beach pretty much to myself, the 2 couples that came thru went nude also. Had a very peaceful time. The weather was perfect, and so was the water. The beach is keeping clean too.
See You Bare!

waterbird

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  11:23:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Redbeard!

Are you still out there? I am new to the Sebastopol area and found your post while searching for places to swim "au natural". I am surprised that for such a progressive are there are no "official" nude beaches!

Anyway, thanks for posting this. I tried to find it today, but after a couple hours of hiking never did find it. I felt like I was on a treasure hunt!
I think I found the pump station, is it a large dull yellow building on top of a kind of built up area? Is that the giant dirt mound you are referring to? I walked to the right but never saw anything that looked like a "cone" or any path.

Also, to get there I ended up trekking through an area that looked like dried up river bed and over a gigantic water pipe.
Then I tried another way past the water education building and down a grvel road with a lot of not trespassing signs. Eventually I ended up doing a huge loop back the way I had come before! Sheesh!

Any help here would be appreciated - it cant be that hard to find!

Yours in Nature,

Waterbird

quote:
Originally posted by Redbeard

Wohler Bridge-Wohler Rd, sonoma Ca
Upstream of this bridge I have found an incredible opportunity for nudists to enjoy, provided they are willing to adventure a bit, and tolerate a minor annoyance.
The Upstream area is much more remote, mostly accessed only by the river. Nudism seems slightly more tolerated on these banks.
The Wohler Bridge area has a long and mixed history. The beach was more popular in the past as an open nude beach. The County has taken measures since, closing off much of the parking, thus limited access. The current parking area is known to the local sheriffs as a gay cruising spot. People have been cited for lewd behavior there. The lot closes in May, so the sherriffs go away. The best way to access the area is by mtn bike. Parking is about a half mile before the bridge itself,on the road after the "do not park" signs end.
Ride past the water facility, the road decends thru a redwood shaded glen. Beware of work trucks if you come on a weekday. Just as the trees clear you will come to a fork in the road. The left leads to a the beach I prefer, the right to the meadow, and down to the main beach, which is being eroded away. Caution-this area is known for cruising. Whatever.
Follow the LEFT road down and up, thru some bay trees, until you come to a pump station. Walk around this giant dirt mound to the right, where it meets with the main access road. There is an obscure path around the "cone" on its lower right, and this leads down and thru the willows. You can usually bare from this point on. There is the occasional canoer or fishermen, but they seem accustomed to nudists in these upstream areas.
The main area is to the right. You will see the river and various places to throw a blanket. I am forming paths and sunning spots thru the area as I visit., but the best sand I have found is at the downstream end. Recent water flow has cleaned the bank, and it looks like a great swimming area is forming. I will be there on sudays or mondays, hope to see a friendly face!!

Redbeard
Forum Member

Posted - 06/30/2006 :  11:18:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Time for another update!
I have been going to and grooming the little beach at Oddfellows bridge, there are at least 4 good spots to spread a blanket, even though we lost a little piece of the beach, due to last winters long rains. But they have allowed the willows to grow, which helps obscure the western end where I go nude at!! As of 6/26/06, the bridge is in, so traffic is up, and the canoeists are out. But the way I have the beach set up, it shouldn't be a problem. I do hope to get a campout there soon. I am going out to Wholer to inspect the trails and beaches, there is a new beach that has formed just upstream from the original, and looks to be the replacement as the old one erodes. You get to this one by following the access road to the meadow, the path to the trees, then turn rightand go about 100yds, before you enter the redwood grove, look to the left and you should see a path that leads down the bank(steep!) and bears left. You should find a nice secluded cove surrounded by willows. Be aware, this area is known for gay cruising and semi-public sex. Most of the visitors know to respect your privacy, but be assertive.
I will post an update after the July 4th weekend, Happy sunning!!

Redbeard
Forum Member

Posted - 07/03/2006 :  9:26:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey there! Went to wohler, but not to the meadow, but to the new pumphouse.
Boy was it overgrown. No wonder no one could find the beach! the trail starts near a clump of bamboo at the northwest end of the pumphouse mound(I don't know what they call it!) It will lead to a long, curved gravel beach. on either end are good places to bare, but the best sand is at the downstream end, where I have cleared some cool spots. just follow the path along the bank.
I hope to make this a regular place for regular nudists.

Redbeard
Forum Member

Posted - 03/15/2007 :  01:03:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was great to meet Waterbird and her friend and show them around. Bikes are definately the way to get there, bring a lock.
Spring is here,3/14/07 so i have been out pruning already. If any one else has areas they wish to share, please, let us know. Or even a private place, we can arrange for discreet visitacions.

ltahoe7195

Posted - 03/15/2007 :  11:38:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Redbeard and Waterbird, how are you 2 doing today ? I live in Santa Rosa, moved up to Sonoma County from the city about 5 years ago. I've visited "Blanket Beach" which is about a 100 yard hike downstream from "Sunset Beach" on a few occasions. Last year, I visited there 4 or 5 times and laid out nude without anybody else coming by (only during weekdays). On weekends I visited a few times in past years, only to find clothed teens ( no nudists). Last year when I visited in mid-May there were 2 nude women laying out on Sunset, they didnt seem to mind me walking by, one just smiled at me as I took a peek at them as I walked down the trail to "Blanket Beach". Have you visited this beach Redbeard ?? Sounds like you know the Russian River area very well, you must know where Sunset Beach is. It is too bad that Sonoma County doesn't have any officially tolerant C/O beaches, I know the Russian River area used to have many in the 70's.

Redbeard
Forum Member

Posted - 04/18/2007 :  9:52:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Itahoe, nice to meet. Yes I do know where Sunset is, but i do not hang there because I have had my car broken into before, and once someone stole my pack, with keys, wallet,etc. Also, many a canoer pass by, often with kids, so I just try to avoid the place.
That is why I have groomed the Oddfellows bridge area, just 2 miles down from Sunset. Yes the canoers go by, but the way the beach is screened it has never been a problem.
The water is a bit chillier, but cleaner at Wohler, but it is a hike or bike to get there.
See you bare!!

Redbeard
Forum Member

Posted - 06/08/2007 :  5:44:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oddfellows bridge update 6/8/07
As we all know, the water levels are going to be low this year, and it is showing. I have groomed a few screened spots at Oddfellows, as well as the main beach at the end. there is a cool, shaded beach forming because of the low water levels.
Went out to wohler also, and cleaned up a bit. The beach has been trimmed by the SCWA, and there is a nice path which leads upstream to the old beach, and the meadow. During the weekdays it is possible to walk nude for a good mile along this path, and into the redwoods.
See you Bare!!

RRBeach

Posted - 01/09/2008 :  01:40:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

The Oddfellows beach is private property and every year folks tear down the No Tresspassing sign, litter, camp, and show no respect for the river or the land. Please dont come to this beach. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Redbeard
Forum Member

Posted - 01/12/2008 :  11:12:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey there fellow Nudists!
I was amazed and kinda proud to find my listings on this forum , included in the SFBay Guardians' nude beach listings. They used alot of my recomendations for nuding in this area.

RRbeach, I do not encourage people to use the actual Oddfellows Club beach, it is private property. I endorse the public access beach , downstream. Also, I cannot believe that it is the nude visitors that are causing any of the vandalism or littering you speak of. I clean this beach on my every visit, (mostly of ciggarette butts and beer cans)cleaning up trash left by the dozens of clothed visitors. In fact, Wohler is one of the cleanest beaches I have ever visited, and nudists, in general, seem to have so much more respect for nature, that I feel your blame lies elswhere.
I hope all is well , and all are having a great nude year, See you bare!!
Red

RRBeach

Posted - 01/18/2008 :  01:02:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dont live at Oddfellows I own the property oppisite Oddfellows. The piece you recommend above! I cant tell you if nudists litter but folks that visit trash my beach. as you point out you pick up trash as you go but youre still tresspressing. please my family has owned this beach since 1853 as private property.

Redbeard
Forum Member

Posted - 01/18/2008 :  01:35:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
RRbeach,
You must be speaking of the upstream area of the bridge, what used to be schoolhouse campgrounds?? There has not been access that area in years, so sorry folks are infiltrating your space. I will advise others as to stay clear, but I am sure it is the canoeists, not us nudies!
See You Bare!!

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: San Onofre, or other So. Calif. beaches Topic Next Topic: Directions - Tanque Verde Falls and Sabino Canyon  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.21 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved