Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 215 ]  [ Total: 215 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

KindBill2004
Forum Member

Posted - 03/21/2007 :  12:37:49 PM  Show Profile  Send KindBill2004 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm usually get there between 8 and 8:30. I'm usually in the first row of spaces in lot G. I have a little bit of an advantage. I only live 20 minutes from Sandy Hook, lol

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 03/21/2007 :  1:46:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm an hour plus ride away, but always there before 9:00. I have always found a spot in lot G, and a decent area to set up in on the beach. I never take anything for granted that there will be a spot left. Looking forward to a nice warm summer, and hopefully, a lot of beach days.

tjcny

Posted - 04/27/2007 :  1:55:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I plan to take the Sea Streak ferry this summer from 34th street in Manhattan to Sandy Hook. I've never been there before and would like information about how you get from the ferry terminal to the nude section of the beach. Is there a bus service or do you have to walk and, if you have to walk, how far is it?

Any information will be appreicated.

tjcny

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 04/27/2007 :  3:19:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This may help.
quote:
Originally posted by StuffedTiger

FoG (Friends of Gunnison) http://gunnisonbeach.org/index.html

Also try http://nps.gov/gate/planyourvisit/shumasstransit.htm

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

Edited by - Balto Bob on 04/27/2007 4:07:32 PM

tjcny

Posted - 04/28/2007 :  09:12:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Bob.

tjcny

ExtraTrouble

Posted - 05/10/2007 :  1:28:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, I have decided to go to Gunnison. My wife and i are home nudists, which simply means we are typically naked inside the house. I was in Miami 2 years ago and only a couple of miles from Haulover Beach. I found that i enjoyed being in the sun. I did not have to many reservations about getting naked since everyone else was. But that was over 1000 miles away from home.

My home is NJ. I tought about going to Gunnison last year but kept worrying about running into someone that i may know from my home town, and that actually kept me away. I am nothing to look at, but because of my height and weight, i am not easily missed. After reading on this site, i decided that i will go to gunnison eary this year to get accustom to being nude in public and in front of people.

My wife has not ventured to a nude beach as of yet (she was not with me in FL), but i think she will come at some point. So as i sit here and try to talk myself into going this year, there is one important thing to ask. How do i get there?

I live in North West New Jersey (Sussex County), can anyone provide me with a street address that i could enter into my GPS?

Thanks
MT

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 05/10/2007 :  4:59:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ExtraTrouble

(snip)
My wife has not ventured to a nude beach as of yet (she was not with me in FL), but i think she will come at some point. So as i sit here and try to talk myself into going this year, there is one important thing to ask. How do i get there?

I live in North West New Jersey (Sussex County), can anyone provide me with a street address that i could enter into my GPS?

Thanks
MT

I am sure the directions on one of the first couple of pages of this topic, but I may be wrong.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 05/10/2007 :  7:08:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://nps.gov/gate/shu/shu_home.htm
FYI--The NPS link above is full of info on the beach. Directions,fees,parking. It wil tell you everything EXCEPT that it is clothing optional. YOUR GOVERNMENT AT WORK

MapQuest calls it Fort Hancock,NJ,US

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

Edited by - Balto Bob on 05/11/2007 08:20:01 AM

loriandjohn

Posted - 06/02/2007 :  01:17:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are planning our first trip to Gunnison this summer and we have a few questions:

What is the park's opening time?
Can you rent umbrellas?
Are coolers allowed on the beach?
Are there showers available?
Can anyone recommend a good casual resturant for dinner?

Thanks for any help you can give.

LoriandJohn

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 06/03/2007 :  11:24:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Lori and John, Glad to help you out here. Not sure of the parks opening time, but you must get there early to get a parking space in lot G, the lot for Gunnison. I am always there between 8 and 8;30, and always plenty of spots. Maybe get there a bit earlier on weekends. The snack bar used to have umbrellas, but it was a very limited supply, and not sure if they rent them any longer. Coolers are allowed, and I would recommend them, as the prices at the snack bar a more than pricey. Like $3 for a bottle of water. There are showers by the bathrooms, and although some to shower completely, i.e. nude, it really isn't allowed there. They are outdoors showers and more for washing sand and sweat off before returning to your car. There is one place called Off the Hook, I believe, right outside the park on route 36. You can't miss it. It is usally crowded around 4, and looks to be a fun place. There are some fast food places and diners on 36 as you head back towards the parkway, if thats where you are coming from. Hope this helps, and enjoy the beach. BARENJ :)

CNGNJ

Posted - 06/03/2007 :  9:59:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey everybody, newbie here. I'm bryan from NJ. My boyfreind recently introduced the idea of going to a nudist beach (Gunnison, as it's close). At first I was a little scared of the idea, I've never been much of an exhibitionist (though I'm not a total prude either). But there's definitely a big part of me that really wants to do it. I have a few questions though.

First of all, I'm only seventeen, I won't be eighteen until May, will I get turned away at the gate? I mean, I definitely won't be going with a parent or anything as I'm sure they wouldn't understand. I've been to the website and haven't read anything about age restrictions.

I think I'de like to do a dry run first, so to speak. This may sound like a stupid question, but I'm obviously completely new to the scene, does one HAVE to be nude on a nude beach. I think my first time I'de like to start in normal swimwear, since I'm new, just to see how it feels. Is it heavily looked down on to be on a nude beach in clothing?

Do you think there will be at least some people my age there? I'm not really looking to meet people, but I don't want to feel totally out of place.

Do you think the people will be generally accepting of my homosexuality?

Thanks for your help.
- Bryan

NJ_Nudist

Posted - 06/04/2007 :  04:51:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
First of all, I'm only seventeen, I won't be eighteen until May, will I get turned away at the gate? I mean, I definitely won't be going with a parent or anything as I'm sure they wouldn't understand. I've been to the website and haven't read anything about age restrictions.

I was seventeen the first few times I went to Gunnison last year. Contrary to what you might expect, there are no age restrictions, nor is there a gate or anything of that sort (other than a few signs) separating the nudist part of the park from clothed sections. Don't worry about that. I went out of curiosity. Having lived in NJ all my life, I wanted to see what Gunnison was really like. I had a great time and ended up going back twice.

quote:
This may sound like a stupid question, but I'm obviously completely new to the scene, does one HAVE to be nude on a nude beach. I think my first time I'de like to start in normal swimwear, since I'm new, just to see how it feels. Is it heavily looked down on to be on a nude beach in clothing?

No, you do not have to be nude. From my experience at Gunnison, there is always a minority (maybe 1/3) that are either fully or partially clothed. The fully clothed are mostly people like you who go with friends or are otherwise new to the scene. This group also includes the "gawkers" that, unfortunately, are almost invariably present on public nude beaches. Don’t let that scare you from visiting Gunnison. The vast majority of them are harmless and simply there to observe. At Gunnison, most of these are teenagers who roam the beach in groups, or older men who sit far away from the water with binoculars. As a general rule, stay close to the water, near the life guard stands. Most of the regulars congregate in that area, and they will enforce the rules. That area of the beach is very safe. You won’t ever have to worry about your stuff getting stolen. Park rangers also drive up and down the beach a few times every hour, picking up shmucks who don’t follow the rules.

I can tell you from experience that you will feel akward if you are not nude. When the overwhelming majority of people around you are nude, taking the plunge yourself is very easy. You’ll get used to it in a matter of minutes.
quote:
Do you think there will be at least some people my age there? I'm not really looking to meet people, but I don't want to feel totally out of place.

There may be a few, but you will be vastly outnumbered by older folks, specifically men over 40. For whatever reason, this group seems to be the largest demographic of nudists. The second largest group is couples. Again, most of them will be 30+. After that, you’ll see a few people in their late 20s, but very few teenagers (besides of course the gawkers) if you see any at all. The fact is, very few people between the ages of 10 and 25 are nudists. There are lots of different theories about this, but the general consensus seems to be that teenagers and adolescents are very self conscious and are thus uncomfortable with nudism.
quote:

Yes, in fact there is an unofficially “gay” section of Gunnison that begins a few dozen yards beyond the lifeguard posts.<

Edited by - NJ_Nudist on 06/04/2007 05:48:19 AM

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 06/04/2007 :  09:47:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CNGNJ

(snip)

Thanks for your help.
- Bryan

Bryan, Since overt sexuality isn't an issue at a nudist venue, it won't matter if you're gay, straight, bi, etc.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 06/07/2007 :  6:11:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks to this forum and all your info I made my first trip to a nude beach today!!

Just in case someone else comps rooms in AC, it is just over 90 miles from Ballys to Lot G. Took me almost 2 hours (8:30-10:25 on a Thurs). My time was limited due to having 2 wisdom teeth pulled on Tuesday, which fouled up my plans and I had to work Thursday night.
The cool morning kept the crowd down. Very few cars in the morning. When I left at 1pm the lot was just half full but, folks were coming in.
The on shore breeze was rather cool. Fortunately the sun was out. I hadn't gone to all this trouble to NOT lay out on my back nude. I had brought a chaise lounge to keep my head elevated. I spent 2 very nice hours enjoying the sun. Walked a little of the beach and did get my feet wet before I left(ocean is mighty cold in june). I should be back on June 27 for a full day of sun,surf and maybe a little volleyball.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

Edited by - Balto Bob on 06/10/2007 3:05:01 PM

beachnudist
Forum Member

Posted - 06/07/2007 :  10:08:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations on your first venture into social nudity.

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.99 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved