Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 440 ]  [ Total: 440 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

nurserobin
Forum Member

Posted - 05/22/2008 :  07:48:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In my 4 years and over 40 trips to Gunnison I've seen I think maybe 2 semi-lewd acts - it is not an orgy at the beach. There are lots of types there but they pretty much keep to their own types - and EVERYBODY walks up and down the beach - it's all wide open. Also - we have rarely ever gotten there before 9 am on warm summer weekends and have always gotten a parking spot in the G lot. Go...relax and enjoy!

adam27

Posted - 05/23/2008 :  6:17:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
when's everybody planning on making their first trip down to gunnison? it's getting warmer out here

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 05/23/2008 :  9:00:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adam27

when's everybody planning on making their first trip down to gunnison? it's getting warmer out here

Many people have made their first trip there this year. I have been there once already this year. In past years, I was there as early as March: however there were few people there (it was too cold for nudity). During the spring months, there are the chilly breezes from over the ocean, that is still cold.

Naturally, Catbird

nurserobin
Forum Member

Posted - 05/23/2008 :  10:36:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Going Sunday!!!

widowerman
Forum Member

Posted - 05/24/2008 :  05:22:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nurserobin

Going Sunday!!!

Hey, don't rub it in.

Isn’t this the weekend they begin to start charging parking fees? And is it still $50 for the season pass.

BTW, enjoy yourself, if I can stand the traffic and the cost of gas, I may just go down to the beach. Last time I was there was Thanksgiving Day weekend just to stroll the beach and the Fort Hamilton area. And of course there was somebody nude sunbathing in a make shift hot house. The air temp could only be about 40 degrees F, some nudies just have to worship open air nude sacraments at all costs! Brrr…

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 05/24/2008 :  08:00:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I should be there June 17. Room booked in Atlantic City for 6/16-17. Maybe I'll get good weather. Didn't have much luck last year.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 05/24/2008 :  09:14:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
FEES
I checked the official web site www.nps.gov/gate Fees seem to be the same. $10/day 7am-4pm (Pays to get there EARLY) $50 season pass
Note to our OLDER members
Senior Pass $10 LIFETIME over age 62!!!!! Check the link above. You will need proof of age, etc.
NOTE- the Senior Pass may only give a 50% discount on the fees. The site isn't clear.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

Edited by - Balto Bob on 05/24/2008 09:41:48 AM

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 05/24/2008 :  12:27:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by widowerman

quote:

Going Sunday!!!

if I can stand the traffic and the cost of gas

It has been my practice to not go to Sandy Hook on weekends, especially long weekends, because of the need to get there very early to get a parking place. Also the textile beaches at Sandy Hook fill up on weekends.

This year, the cost of gas has become a significant factor. It used to be that I considered the cost of gas to be negligible. Now with gas at $3.70 a gallon in New Jersey, the cost of gas must be considered before going anywhere. I will go to Sandy Hook not as often as past years. Perhaps this will make the beach less crowded.

Naturally, Catbird

widowerman
Forum Member

Posted - 05/24/2008 :  6:25:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by catbird

quote:

quote:

Going Sunday!!!

if I can stand the traffic and the cost of gas

It has been my practice to not go to Sandy Hook on weekends, especially long weekends, because of the need to get there very early to get a parking place. Also the textile beaches at Sandy Hook fill up on weekends.

This year, the cost of gas has become a significant factor. It used to be that I considered the cost of gas to be negligible. Now with gas at $3.70 a gallon in New Jersey, the cost of gas must be considered before going anywhere. I will go to Sandy Hook not as often as past years. Perhaps this will make the beach less crowded.

Naturally, Catbird

You said it, brother. Gasoline is a real killjoy this time. Last year you plucks your money down and you hit the road. At $2.40 to, I don’t recall too clearly, to maybe $2.75 you bitch and screamed but you went down the shore. My cost; about $12.50, not much for traveling 180 miles round trip.

Then winter hit and suddenly keeping warm cost a whole bunch! And then finally late spring shows up and gas prices are bitch smacking you around like nobody’s business at over 4 bucks a gallon. I don’t know about any of you out there, buck my economic weekly allowance check of being a good boy and mowing the grass and keeping my room clean and doing my homework is going right back to the government of the US in taxes.

I figure, can they really afford to give us an allowance? And just where is the money coming from anyway? And just when are we going to get that promised 100 mpg car anyway? If I’m lucky and drive real conservatively I can squeeze maybe 34 to 36 mpg from my tiny little car. So for me it’s a little less than 3 gallons down and a little less than 3 gallons back. That still comes out to about a $22 round trip.

Boy do I miss when gas was tipping the scales at 70 cents per gallon! Ok, so I’m showing my age! Yeah, I know, that was just about the time when Gunnison became officially nude. But we had no computers, no internet, no information back then. It was only through a chance encounter from a young lady, way back in the early 80’s that I ever heard of the nude beach. I’d have to wait until the late 90’s to get back down the shore and find the fountain of nudity. And then last summer with my wife dead and me freed from the worry of how to help her for about 4 years of her trials, I rediscovered two things. Indoor safe tanning and the nude beach. And now even indoor tanning is becoming tough to do with the big concern of, yep, you guessed it, big gasoline prices. What the hell, even jogging has a price to it! At least with food prices high, I can still eat right and not indulge in the un-necessary calories and fat. Who knows, maybe there is a plus side to this whole mess after all.

There is suppose to be a nude beach club thing by me, but they won’t take single men. So I live through a 12 minute nude in a tanning booth. Damn I miss that ocean and sand and that silly restaurant bar and the view of Manhattan and the Verrazano Bridge the old barracks of Fort Hancock, those abandoned buildings. You’d figure that if the government had a lick of sense some of those old buildings would make some dandy motels, RIGHT ON THE BEACH! Damn, there’s a fortune to be made th

widowerman
Forum Member

Posted - 05/25/2008 :  6:44:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I took the plunge and went down to Gunnison today. It was such a nice day and the price of gas soon became negligible. Even a $4 a gallon for my car only costs me about $35 for the day. Most of that was for the fuel including $10 for the parking permit. I don’t know if I’d do this every weekend, though. But if I plan at least 6 more trips this season then I’ll get the season pass like last year. It’s all about economics and a give and take attitude.

But enough about the money, let’s talk about the beach. In a word, WOW! Did the beach shrink and did somehow more rocks and stones show up? I was talking to one of the locals from down there and she reminded me of all the storms recently. The beach looked like it was re-carved with a long sand barge about 25yards from the waters edge. Strange, real strange. And then there was the lake that was formed right at the edge of the boardwalk. Someone told my friend that it was waist deep. I remember the lake from last year, but at most, it was only ankle deep.

At first the ocean was REAL COLD. But by mid-afternoon it had warmed up some. Is this the sign of global warming? If it is then maybe Homer J. Simpson is right, we won’t need heating fuel this winter. YIPPY! Less expense, more money to play!

Edited by - widowerman on 05/25/2008 6:48:24 PM

HJ47
Forum Member

Posted - 05/26/2008 :  01:41:44 AM  Show Profile  Send HJ47 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I want to head up to Gunnison sometime within the next month. I like to wait until the weather is pretty warm and pick up some supplies. I need a new umbrella, and a good mallet to hammer it in the sand. I also need to go to the tanning salons to get a bit of a base tan.

As for gas prices, hopefully my new job and a bit of financial help from my father will help out. I'm definitely looking forward to getting back to Gunnison more often this year.

adam27

Posted - 05/26/2008 :  5:34:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
headed down next wednesday! anybody else?

robroy560
Forum Member

Posted - 05/26/2008 :  10:47:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well I took the plunge and went down to Gunnison today. It was such a nice day and the price of gas soon became negligible. Even a $4 a gallon for my car only costs me about $35 for the day. Most of that was for the fuel including $10 for the parking permit. I don’t know if I’d do this every weekend, though. But if I plan at least 6 more trips this season then I’ll get the season pass like last year. It’s all about economics and a give and take attitude.

But enough about the money, let’s talk about the beach. In a word, WOW! Did the beach shrink and did somehow more rocks and stones show up? I was talking to one of the locals from down there and she reminded me of all the storms recently. The beach looked like it was re-carved with a long sand barge about 25yards from the waters edge. Strange, real strange. And then there was the lake that was formed right at the edge of the boardwalk. Someone told my friend that it was waist deep. I remember the lake from last year, but at most, it was only ankle deep.

At first the ocean was REAL COLD. But by mid-afternoon it had warmed up some. Is this the sign of global warming? If it is then maybe Homer J. Simpson is right, we won’t need heating fuel this winter. YIPPY! Less expense, more money to play!

My wife and I were there on Monday. It was warm in the sun, but very breezy. The "sand bar" off the shore was a little strange. Supposedly some old timers said it's been there before. The lake thing near the boardwalk was not there, but the muddy remnats were. The good news is it was easier to walk on hardened mud than the thick sand.

While gas is expensive, we decided on a season pass this year. We figured we'll go about 10 times - still cheaper than a vacation to many parts. Plus it's closer than Haulover (our other spot we enjoy).

adam27

Posted - 05/28/2008 :  5:35:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
headed there this week, anybody else?

biffbulkie

Posted - 06/04/2008 :  10:32:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A tip for travelers to the area. I always use Priceline's 'name your own price' and have never paid more than $58 a night. This past weekend I booked a room Saturday morning for that same evening for $56 (+tax) at the Extended Stay in Red Bank/Middletown. As this is a business traveler oriented facility there are always excess rooms on weekends that they let go at cheap prices. You can't argue with a decent room with kitchenette only about a 10 minute drive from the beach. I have used this dozens of times and usually end up with this hotel or the Courtyard Marriot. By the way the beach was packed on SUnday with PERFECT weather!

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.46 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved