Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 420 ]  [ Total: 420 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

hagen

Posted - 06/15/2008 :  09:19:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bofsb

Rest rooms and outdoor showers are at the entrance, and hence in the "clothed" area. Sorry, but your gonna have to drop your shorts out at the beach in front of everyone ;-)

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 06/15/2008 :  6:53:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bofsb

are there changing rooms there? if so where are they lcoated?

Thanks,

Bopsb

Sorry to disappoint you. As Hagen said, the rest rooms and outdoor showers are in the clothed area at the entrance.

After you set up on the beach, you undress. You might want to bring a bag or back pack to store your clothes while you enjoy the sun and wind on your bare skin.

Naturally, Catbird

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 06/15/2008 :  6:55:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bofsb

are there changing rooms there? if so where are they lcoated?

Thanks,

Bopsb

Sorry to disappoint you. As Hagen said, the rest rooms and outdoor showers are in the clothed area at the entrance.

After you set up on the beach, you undress. You might want to bring a bag or back pack to store your clothes while you enjoy the sun and wind on your bare skin.

Naturally, Catbird

nurserobin
Forum Member

Posted - 06/16/2008 :  07:24:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi HJ - We have umbrella bases - metal things that you clamp the umbrella into and the bottom looks like a screw - you twist it deep into the sand - we've never lost an umbrella and you don't need a mallet. Enjoy!

quote:
Originally posted by HJ47

Haven't been able to get up there yet this season. My job is usually busiest on weekends, but I think next week I'll head to the tanning salons to build up a good base tan so I'm not totally white when I head there.

Before I go I need to pick up a nice, sturdy umbrella that won't break when I mallet it into the stand or fly off into the ocean. Anyone know where I can find one?

My target date is next Monday if the weather's good.

Edited by - nurserobin on 06/16/2008 07:25:32 AM

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 06/16/2008 :  10:41:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, there is a restroom/changing room. You can NOT walk nude from there to the beach. Catbird, what you may not understand is some of us have a VERY long drive. I bring a pair of TINY shorts for the shower area, just to rinse the sand and salt off. Then change in the mensroom for the drive home. I don't want to drive 4 hours in wet shorts and most of the time I will need to stop for gas, etc.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

creatively41

Posted - 06/16/2008 :  10:31:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just came home from Gunnison (mon 6/16). A few clouds, but a lot of sun. A nice gathering of people too, but not as many as when I went last August during the week. Just a little chilly today. Have fun Wednesday Bob

Ben

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 06/18/2008 :  7:55:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote

WE GET THE WHOLE BEACH

I made my first trip this year. Noticed the south end was NOT blocked off. One of the regulars told me there WERE 6 nests but, a storm took them out. The TEXTILE part of Gunnison still has the signs.

STOP
Endangered species

Got to Lot G about 8am. Found only 4 cars there. The weather wasn't great (cool & breezy) but, folks gradually joined the party. Quite a few couples. Clouds came about 1:30 PM and the wind picked up. I, as well as many others called it a day.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

Edited by - Balto Bob on 06/19/2008 10:12:41 PM

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 06/19/2008 :  8:17:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today June 19 I was at Gunnison Beach. It was an enjoyable visit. The weather was ideal -- sunny and not too hot.

There were noticibly fewer people there, compared to other recent years on weekdays. Maybe people are cutting back on trips to Gunnison Beach, because of $4 a gallon gasoline. Also somebody was saying that on weekends you don't have to be there at 7:30, because of fewer people. However it would be a good idea to get there on weekends at 7:30, just to play safe.

As Balto Bob was saying, we have the whole beach. You can do nude hiking at Gunnison Beach, by hiking to the far south end, until you come to the sign "Entering clothed area." At that sign, I was able to stay awhile to meditate, as I was all by myself and nude.

Naturally, Catbird

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 06/19/2008 :  10:03:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Someday, I am going to make it all the way to that sign.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 06/21/2008 :  2:44:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Balto Bob

Someday, I am going to make it all the way to that sign.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

There is a caution about that sign, "Entering clothed area." The sign can be overlooked if you walk close to the water. The sign is back some ways within the roped off area.

Naturally, Catbird

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 06/21/2008 :  5:59:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Catbird. I do a LOT of walking on my job. I tend to be lazy on my day off.
FYI- There is contruction at the entrance to Sandy Hook. I hear it is causing some problems on busy days. Looks like they (the State of NJ) are putting in a red light.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

nurserobin
Forum Member

Posted - 06/21/2008 :  10:20:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They're not putting in a new traffic light - they're putting in a new bridge...going to take 3 years - they've put off ripping off 1/2 of the bridge until July 7th to accommodate the businesses through the July 4th holiday but after that it's going to be a traffic nightmare...Best if you take Route 35 down to the hook - longer on a normal day but with the back up from the bridge work it will save time. Here's an article about it all... http://www.app.com/apps/pbes.dll/article?AID=2008806170388 on APP.COM. We just spent the day on Gunnison - perfect weather - lots of people - got there about 9 am and still plenty of parking space - nobody needs to get there by 7:30 to park unless you want to be in the 1st parking spot closest to the beach...

Edited by - nurserobin on 06/21/2008 10:25:24 PM

MtnMan

Posted - 06/21/2008 :  11:51:06 PM  Show Profile  Send MtnMan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Robin, that link does not work for the info on the bridge repair. I will try APP.com to see if I can get the info there.

As far as Gunnison goes, we were there today for a bit until 12:30 or so. We couldn't have asked for a better day at the beach. Not to hot, plenty of sun and the beach itself was in great condition. We didn't get down to the water though.

nurserobin
Forum Member

Posted - 06/22/2008 :  08:01:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try this: http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008806170388

quote:
Originally posted by MtnMan

Robin, that link does not work for the info on the bridge repair. I will try APP.com to see if I can get the info there.

As far as Gunnison goes, we were there today for a bit until 12:30 or so. We couldn't have asked for a better day at the beach. Not to hot, plenty of sun and the beach itself was in great condition. We didn't get down to the water though.

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 06/22/2008 :  12:50:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That link does work, Robin. Hope the bridge construction goes faster than planned, or getting to Gunnison will be pure HELL. I will try to find something of a better alternate route and post it here when I have it figured out. Till then, just grin and BARE IT. LOL
BareNJ

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.29 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved