Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 160 ]  [ Total: 160 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 08/15/2008 :  9:59:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, the Seagulls Nest restaurant is located at one of the textile areas. Somebody was telling me that their menu is just such things as hamburgers and hot dogs. As for whether their prices rip you off, I have not been there. Has anybody else been there?

Naturally, Catbird

agde
Forum Member

Posted - 08/16/2008 :  01:03:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NorthEastUSA

WE made the news!
http://www.wnbc.com/news/17175420/detail.html

Of course it was just a "summertime story" but I thought the tone was quite good. We should try for at least one story like this every summer in every major media market! My editors are always on the lookout for fun mid-summer features, and many editors nowadays are boomers who fondly remember their "free beach" days!

creatively41

Posted - 08/17/2008 :  02:23:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I enjoyed the video, thanks for posting the story. I thought it had very positive things to say about naturism.

The reporter mentioned three nude beaches around the New York area. I know Fire Island and Gunnison well. What is the third? +5 karma points if you answer that.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 08/17/2008 :  02:44:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
HELP!

Heading down tomorrow(Sunday).Approaching from the north as we are,should we take exit 117 and use 36,or take exit 109 and come up from the south on 502?We expect to arrive around 4 PM,BTW.

All this bridge work is making me crazy.Any advice from local experts will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 08/17/2008 :  09:06:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by creatively41

I enjoyed the video, thanks for posting the story. I thought it had very positive things to say about naturism.

The reporter mentioned three nude beaches around the New York area. I know Fire Island and Gunnison well. What is the third? +5 karma points if you answer that.

I think there are 2 on Fire Island. My understanding is that a clothed beach is in between the 2.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.flickr.com/photos/wespennest/2562019052/
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME41quy9_x0

jerseysomething
Forum Member

Posted - 08/17/2008 :  09:07:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't comment on Exit 117 and Route 36 as I come up from the south but Exit 109 works pretty well. Traffic is not too bad but there are a couple of turns, not well marked, so if you don't use a GPS make sure you look at a good map. Let me know if you need directions or more info.

It sounds like the weather will be great today (Sunday)and tomorrow. Wish I could get up there...

creatively41

Posted - 08/17/2008 :  1:39:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fishman81

HELP!

Heading down tomorrow(Sunday).Approaching from the north as we are,should we take exit 117 and use 36,or take exit 109 and come up from the south on 502?We expect to arrive around 4 PM,BTW.

All this bridge work is making me crazy.Any advice from local experts will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

I would think that by 4 pm, you won't have too much traffic at the bridge approaching Sandy Hook. I would definitely take exit 117, otherwise you are needlessly adding miles to your trip. I have made the approach from both North and South recently, and I don't think there is any advantage driving farther south to drive back north.

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 08/17/2008 :  5:37:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fishman81

HELP!

Thanks!

I think you mean Route 520 and not 502.

In looking at the New Jersey map, I think I see where the two poorly marked turns are on Route 520. All over New Jersey, that is a problem with the secondary routes.

Naturally, Catbird

Jasieu
Forum Member

Posted - 08/17/2008 :  8:16:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Speaking of poorly marked turns.... I'm coming from the Pocono's sp I go 80E, 206S, 287, GSP, 36,35. However there seems to be some difficulty with this route. Is there another way to go? Thanks

***POW/MIA You Are Not Forgotten***

bofsb
Forum Member

Posted - 08/17/2008 :  9:11:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
is anyone else planning to go down this Wednesday?

do you think the traffic will be bad from the gsp via 36? I am planning to leave essex co about 9:30ish

jerseysomething
Forum Member

Posted - 08/17/2008 :  10:10:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jasieu...

That route looks pretty direct, probably the best way to get there.

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  10:26:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The weather forecast looks good for Wedesday. I hope to be there Wednesday.

Naturally, Catbird

ClarkDark

Posted - 08/23/2008 :  11:49:57 AM  Show Profile  Send ClarkDark a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Newbie Question: I'm thinking of coming out there alone mid next week by ferry from Manhattan. How difficult is it to get to Gunnison from where the ferry lets you off? Is it a long walk.

Any recommendations on good secure places to set up and things to bring?

This will be my first time at a nude beach and I understand the etiquette so I won't appear to be a single perv.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by - ClarkDark on 08/23/2008 11:51:17 AM

nurserobin
Forum Member

Posted - 08/23/2008 :  1:28:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's a shuttle bus that picks people up at the ferry dock and takes you to the beaches on Sandy Hook - not sure of the schedule but throughout the day.

There's a snack bar but if you don't have money to burn you should bring water at least - food if you want it - something to sit on, blanket or chair - at least a hat but you'll need an umbrella if you're a "white tail" as on a sunny day it gets brutal sitting out all day. Sunscreen of course and a towel. As for a place to sit...the families, groups and singles set up more towards the north end (the end where the lifeguards sit) and the gays gather more towards the south end.

It's quite a long walk from the parking area or drop off site to the beach so you have to make things easy to carry -

Edited by - nurserobin on 08/23/2008 2:52:23 PM

bofsb
Forum Member

Posted - 08/24/2008 :  12:35:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
not complaining since i can deal with it as i been there a few times now.

but why cant they "comb" the sand to get the shell fragments out so it could be easier walk from the walkway to the nude beach area. you can tell they do closer to the water but thats it. Just wondering.

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.5 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved