Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 483 ]  [ Total: 483 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 05/07/2009 :  02:42:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Seriously considering Haulover vs. Gunnison for the summmer.We have a 4-5 hour drive to SH,which is about the same time it'll take to fly to Miami.Waiting in traffic is just not my thing.I find it very aggravating that the DOT hasn't made any provisions for easing congestion at that very popular destination.Local businesses must be pissed!

(And Leesa,tell us about your Haulover trip,if you have a minute.)

polishrj

Posted - 05/11/2009 :  6:35:00 PM  Show Profile  Send polishrj an AOL message  Reply with Quote
anyone ladies wanna join me?
message me!
today there were a few out there!

polishrj

Posted - 05/12/2009 :  9:54:59 PM  Show Profile  Send polishrj an AOL message  Reply with Quote
was out there is afternoon.....seemed busier than yesterday....anyone going to tomorrow?

ladies pm me....

nurserobin
Forum Member

Posted - 05/13/2009 :  07:10:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last I heard this isn't a pick up site....

quote:
Originally posted by polishrj

was out there is afternoon.....seemed busier than yesterday....anyone going to tomorrow?

ladies pm me....

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 05/14/2009 :  10:54:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This particular forum would be better if everyone posted the good information here, and went over to "Hey, is anyone going to...?" for the one-time weekend companion seeking ads.

slowdazzle

Posted - 05/14/2009 :  11:00:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Everyone,

1st time poster here... have been looking through the posts here, maybe this topic has been covered but I just didn't see it. I'm planning to make the apx. four hour drive trip to Gunnison this year and have some basic questions concerning logistics and accommodations, namely any camping grounds in the area or place I can safely put up a small tent for a couple nights... would be just myself. Any other tips or recommendations to make my first trip a positive experience would be greatly appreciated... thx!

ChuckG

Posted - 05/15/2009 :  4:24:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Re- camping near Gunnison, you're talking Cheesequake State Park which is about a 20 min drive in the AM and up to an hour going back, NOT counting bridge traffic. No camping closer than that as far as I know.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 05/16/2009 :  02:28:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe if you rode a bike into the park,you could camp in the weeds overnight,for free..?

widowerman
Forum Member

Posted - 05/16/2009 :  02:41:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fishman81

Maybe if you rode a bike into the park,you could camp in the weeds overnight,for free..?

I wouldn’t even joke about something like this, especially with a US Coast Guard station right up the road at the end of Sandy Hook. The US Government frowns upon “suspected terrorist’s attitudes”. Something to do with trespassing and such.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 05/16/2009 :  03:18:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by widowerman

quote:
Originally posted by Fishman81

I wouldn’t even joke about something like this, especially with a US Coast Guard station right up the road at the end of Sandy Hook. The US Government frowns upon “suspected terrorist’s attitudes”. Something to do with trespassing and such.

Probably will be water-boarded sometime tonight,but I just had to post a helpful suggestion.

slowdazzle

Posted - 05/16/2009 :  1:22:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
'Cheesequake'? Are you serious? That's the name of a campground? LOL! I will Google it and see what comes up, 20 minutes to an hour doesn't seem real close though, def. not withing walking distance I'd say. I'll check out some nearer by hotels in the meantime... and the only water boarding I'll be doing is with my boogie board!

powermeister

Posted - 05/17/2009 :  10:35:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Regarding accomodations near Gunnison, you might try some of the Bed and Breakfast places in Ocean Grove, I believe about 15 miles to south. See:
http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/ocean-grove-new-jersey.html

I plan on visiting Gunnison myself during a weekend in June and hope to be able to make a reservation at one of the Bed and Breakfast, hopefully for under $100 a night.

nurserobin
Forum Member

Posted - 05/18/2009 :  07:10:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are plenty of motels in Middletown which is a bit closer to Sandy Hook...and if you use priceline.com you can get some real bargains...

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 05/21/2009 :  3:30:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK folks, here it is, first official weekend of summer. Of course I drew the short straw and have to do the "W" thing. I'll have plenty of time to myself, but not enough to head down to Gunnison. Hope those that make it have an enjoyable day, and let the rest of us know what the beach and bridge situation is. Also, has the season pass gone up in price? Looking forward to your posts.+
BareNJGuy

jerseysomething
Forum Member

Posted - 05/22/2009 :  07:32:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some time back I offered detailed directions for an alternate route to Sandy Hook. I figured, now that the high season is upon us, it is a good time to post them. (Fishman81, you specifically requested them on Page 42 of this topic).

This route is a good alternative to Route 36 for those coming from the south and, while perhaps a bit longer than Route 35 coming from the north, it could be less congested.

Take the Garden State Parkway to Exit 109.

Take Route 520 East (Newman Springs Road) about 2 miles to Broad Street (Rt. 35) - Turn Right.

(This is a dead End, Dunkin Donuts on the corner. There is actually oncoming traffic from a jug handle which is return traffic on Rt 520 West). Also note, the sign will say Route 520 East to the left, but I don't go that way which I think is longer).

Go to first light (approx. 100 yards), turn left onto White Road (Mr. Good Lube on corner).

Go approx. 1 mile to Branch Avenue (dead end) - turn left.

Go Approx. 50 yards and turn right onto Rumson Road.

Take Rumson Road approx. 4.5 miles, cross over bridge to Ocean Avenue (dead end). Check out the houses along the way!

Turn left onto Ocean Avenue and go approx. 2 miles to Sandy Hook entrance.

I believe you will find this a practical and pleasant alternative to the other routes to Sandy Hook.

Good luck.

I wish I could make it this weekend but my schedule will not allow it any time soon. Lots of fun to those who do get there...

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.31 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved