Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 175 ]  [ Total: 175 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

slick214
Forum Member

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  10:57:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What is the recommended best way in and out for next weekend arriving early in the morning 8:30 or so and leaving around 4:00?

waterboy
Forum Member

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  8:59:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We were there this weekend and sat next to a guy who does sand sculptures. Saturday he did a large sand castle with a bridge and open doors very detailed. Impressive. Sunday he did a tribute to his dog that had died. Very life like. Anyone get photos of that?

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 08/10/2010 :  02:38:53 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slick214

What is the recommended best way in and out for next weekend arriving early in the morning 8:30 or so and leaving around 4:00?

In my (limited) experience going there on weekends,I think you'll be fine getting there by 8:30.We have always managed to get parking before 10.

Getting out at 4..?Might be a long wait on The Hook,just to exit.If you can't wait until later in the day,consider taking Rt. 520 in Sea Bright to the GSP,if you're south-bound.(36 can be murder on a nice weekend day.)

If you're heading north at that hour..?Pack some snacks and beverages!36 is likely to be bumper-to-bumper.

Edited by - Fishman81 on 08/10/2010 02:41:42 AM

whygana

Posted - 08/10/2010 :  6:33:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I usually go on Sunday and arrive around 8:30 and leave around 3:00. A little slow getting out but not bad. Last Sunday the beach was packed. Everyone enjoyed - no problems.

bigracefan
Forum Member

Posted - 08/10/2010 :  6:46:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thinking of heading up on Monday

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 08/11/2010 :  5:56:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was talking to one of the regulars today and he mentioned the new mobi-mat cost 5k($100/ft) to install. They(the park) cant afford to install more. Some of the regulars want to get a collection together to purchase more, sounds like a real good idea to me.

)

Schroder
Forum Member

Posted - 08/11/2010 :  10:00:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Schroder a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by njyankee60

I was talking to one of the regulars today and he mentioned the new mobi-mat cost 5k($100/ft) to install. They(the park) cant afford to install more. Some of the regulars want to get a collection together to purchase more, sounds like a real good idea to me.

I've been there since they installed it and it is a wonderful thing. Looks to me like it can be taken away and stored during the off season. I would contribute to a collection if it were setup in a well organized way and the checks are made payable to a specific fund for that purpose or to the Park Service.

free2tannude
Forum Member

Posted - 08/11/2010 :  11:01:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nudeinthesunnj

We went down on Saturday in the early morning, got a little exercise in and headed to the beach. A great day for some sun. The beach was packed. We didn't notice anybody with cameras, which was a good thing. Right before we were ready to leave, a family parked themselves right behind (and pretty close to) us. Two adults, three kids, fully clothed and pretty loud and irritating. That was our signal to pick up and head back home.

That sounds like a SIGNAL to STAY !!

rogandjean
Forum Member

Posted - 08/12/2010 :  9:55:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I've been there since they installed it and it is a wonderful thing. Looks to me like it can be taken away and stored during the off season. I would contribute to a collection if it were setup in a well organized way and the checks are made payable to a specific fund for that purpose or to the Park Service.

We'll pledge 10 feet worth if someone can get this fund set up.

jerseysomething
Forum Member

Posted - 08/13/2010 :  05:51:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will contact Dale Distasio of FoG (Friends of Gunnison Beach). They are an existing legal entity so it might be pretty straight forward for them to organize something like this.

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 08/14/2010 :  06:20:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I will contact Dale Distasio of FoG (Friends of Gunnison Beach). They are an existing legal entity so it might be pretty straight forward for them to organize something like this.

I have only been down to Gunnison about 10times but have yet to see Dale. Previous years, I saw her almost every time we were there.

quote:
We'll pledge 10 feet worth if someone can get this fund set up

my wife and I will donate too.

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 08/19/2010 :  5:10:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We had a couple of great days on the beach this week. We get down there early between 9-10 and leave around 2. I notice a lot of people just showing up at that time(2pm). How is the crowd later on in the day? Depending on the weather, we might brave the weekend crowd and hit the beach on Sunday.

NJortheHwy
Forum Member

Posted - 08/23/2010 :  4:46:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't looked at this blog for a while, but I have been to the beach since the mats were put down, and my wife and I agree it was the best idea ever.

Edited by - NJortheHwy on 08/23/2010 4:50:55 PM

Footballdude9

Posted - 08/23/2010 :  6:14:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Typically when i go to gunnison i look for the younger crowd (late teen early twenty). Im 19 and am just trying to find some people my age to chill with b/c my friends at home dont want to go to the nude beach. Do you guys think the older like, married couples or just older beach goers would be willing to just talk about whatever?

powermeister

Posted - 08/24/2010 :  6:04:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've only been to Gunnison twice, but I people are fairly friendly. I'd suggest setting up chair, umbrella or beach towel. Bring a book or magazine and act like you're just there to enjoy sun and atmosphere. After 10 to 15 minutes try chatting with your neighbors. If they don't seem friendly then move somewhere else. A fair portion of people bring alcohol, so that makes them more chatty.
Have fun, don't worry and be yourself.

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.29 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved