Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 160 ]  [ Total: 160 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Special Interest Groups - Nudist-Oriented
 The Smooth Nudist Forum - dedicated to shaving
 Appropriate age for teens to shave
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Why not actors? Topic Next Topic: Male genital waxing: possible and safe?
Page: of 5

pilot
Forum Member

Posted - 08/21/2005 :  10:53:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
KD...
The best response may well be no response. Look at it this way. Suppose that she had decided to shave her head or generate a Mohawk. You would regard it as self-expression and heralding the teenage years. You might say "she's looking for her identity" or "she's looking to get a rise out of the adults" or something similar. In that situation, the least dangerous course is simply to remark--"interesting hair!" or something similar.

She may simply be emulating something she saw in a magazine or on the internet.

She may simply be making a "personal statement".

Yes, shaving might make her appear physically a little less mature in a nude environment (whether on vacation or in the gym locker room), but it won't slow down the development of other secondary sex characteristics such as breast development. Her pediatrician should be alerted before the next visit because s/he is routinely assessing pubic hair and breast development as part of Tanner staging. See, for example

http://www.askdoctormarla.com/Topics/Puberty/WhatIsYourSexualMaturationRating.htm

and

http://www.mcg.edu/pediatrics/CCNotebook/chapter3/tanner.htm

However, if (and, I would suggest, only if) there is other evidence that she is increasingly uncomfortable with her changing body--breast development, onset of menses and so on, that deserves a discussion and maybe even a discussion between parents and pediatrician before the next scheduled visit.

Aussienudedude
Forum Member

Posted - 08/22/2005 :  05:28:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and I are both nudists as well as our kids. With our kids they were very compfortable with nudisum up until they started growing their pubic hairs. They are now 14yrs & 16yrs old.

They have seen my wife and I totally shaven and are starting to think that it looks cooool to be free of pubic hair.

If and when they decide that they want to remove their pubic hairs, we as their parents are certainly not going to talk them out of it.

ShavedPubFan

Posted - 08/24/2005 :  10:29:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't bring up the subject. Most likely she either decided to shave her pubic hair on her own or got the idea from peers, a friend has an older sister who shaves and the friend mentioned this to your daughter. Shaving pubic hair has gotten to be pretty common, especially girls and young women who wear very brief bikinis. As far as your wife's concern goes, sounds like your not visiting a nudist resort or club and that only her own family will be seeing her nude, so ..no big deal.

I am a parent, though I'm now a grandparent.

jimmie51
Forum Member

Posted - 08/26/2005 :  1:59:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't really thought of this before, but I do have a 5 yo girl and with me and my wife both being lasered smooth I am sure she will be asking about it. We do not practice social nudity with the kids, and most likely won't. But they do see us around the house and stuff like that. I guess if I had to make a decision right now it would be when ever they were old enough to grow hair they should be able to shave it off. I don't think it is always a mental level, but a physical one. We as parents tend to assign an "appropriate age" for just about everything, and most of the time that is based on mental maturity. My problem with that is some times our physical bodies mature faster than our minds. So if you don't help your children to deal with their physical appearance which may come earlier than their peers you could be actually effecting their mental state. Ok now that I got everyone confused that is how I feel about it all, if that makes any sense. LOL

MacBC
Forum Member

Posted - 05/30/2006 :  05:40:22 AM  Show Profile  Click to see MacBC's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Any updates KD?

asyrp43

Posted - 06/11/2006 :  12:04:29 AM  Show Profile  Send asyrp43 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just a little advise from me....it seems like most of the people posting here are parents. I"m only 22 and dont have any kids but I have been shaved/shaving since I was 14 or so. I know I wasn't driving yet so I'll guess 13 or 14. When my mom felt I was old enough to be careful myself I started shaving. I believe it helps make a kid especially teenager feel more comfortable with nudity especially around other adults because it makes you feel like you have a little more in common. Obviously things are smaller at that age but it makes you feel older and fit in a little more. But most important is what is more comfortable for each individual child....those are hard times for all teens...especially when you're nude!

Saxman
Forum Member

Posted - 10/18/2006 :  10:51:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I absolutely agree. It also opens the door for self-exploration and self-expression.

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  04:34:56 AM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
KnackeredDad,

I think I'd be careful and gentle about how you approach it. It might be more comfortable for your wife to engage the topic with your daughter, or at least to initiate it. In any case, I'd personally be cautious about making her feel self conscious about it. Just casually ask how she got the idea, since you two are just trimmed or suggest trimming or shortening the length first. If she wants to be smooth, or to explore the option, what the heck? Maybe she just wants to sport her own look. I don't think it's any big deal, maybe just leave it alone. Like one of the other posters said, "it isn't permanent." And the maintenance sucks if you ask me. Maybe she'll try it and quit or just do it occasionally like I do. I don't think it's necessarilly a body image issue. It could just be a style issue, or a try something different issue, or maybe a friend or friends do it and she's seen it in the locker room.

I know my daughter shaves, (but she is 20). I've actually hinted to my son that he might consider trimming (he's 15). I have light color and fairly thin pubes, but he inherited his mom's gawd aweful 'fro - can I say that? Anyway, I know my kids are a bit older than yours, but I don't see any problem with kids wanting to control the growth if they like, whenever it comes in.

Just my thoughts, for what they're worth.

Randy

Edited by - nudeisntlewd on 10/19/2006 04:45:00 AM

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  2:48:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All three of my daughters are differnt than most girls their age, since they have grown up in a nudist environment. All three of them do their own thing in regards to shaving. Its no different than a how they where their hair or make-up. I dont really understand why everyone makes such a "thing" out of shaving. All 3 of my girls started around 11 or 12. My 12 year old shaves her pubic area bald,because she is a competative swimmer and likes it that way. No big deal You should let them do what they want. Especially in nudist teenagers,its just a comfort and many times a fashion thing. If they have "how to" questions of couse advise them. Otherwise leave it alone.

Jenn

shavenbod

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  3:14:19 PM  Show Profile  Send shavenbod a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
let them do what ever they want to do. I remember when i first shaved my legs my dad said something to me and i just ignored it. Then i told him to do his and he did. He loved it and now he does not stop! Neithar do i. from my nose to my toes is shaved

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  7:12:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
shavenbod, If a 7 or 9 yr. old youngster wants to shave, that might be a bit early. Children need some guidance. I don't think I'd let a 9 year old wear lipstick either. Our youngsters are growing up way too soon/fast. Let them stay kids for as long as they can.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Cookie
Forum Member

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  9:08:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheri:

Agreed, our young ones are growing up so fast, that they can not enjoy their childhood.

Our two daughters were well into their teens before they decided to be smooth or "full".

The amazing thing is that they are so diff.

The oldest daughter is the "free one". She loves the smooth look with lots of piercings, and our youngest is just the opp. Just the other day she told Mrs. Cookie that she can't believe her sister, and that she would probably never "shave"!

They are both happily married and now the grand kids are enjoy the life of being "bare"!!!!

Love is great.

Cookie

Rodders
Forum Member

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  08:36:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It must be better to allow children to enjoy their childhood as long as possible as once it's gone that really is it, but fashion trends are reaching out to ever more children at an earlier age. So, be it the latest trainers with THE NAME of the moment on them or game consoles etc etc children will want to join in. Thank goodness in order to shave one needs something to shave. In another ten years a full growth of pubic hair might once again be fashionable and of course young children will just have to wait regardless of what they or the parents think until the sprouting starts.

Rod

suscolli

Posted - 09/02/2007 :  4:40:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would suggest that as long as a teen is older than 14, it is fine. In our family, our younger daughter (15) is on a swimming team and shaves smooth, but her older sister does not. I went smooth a few years ago and love it.

Sue

nakedinla
Forum Member

Posted - 09/09/2007 :  12:53:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whew what a interesting question, it depends on the person and their maturity. As I stated in another post, I was 15 when I shaved; yet, for your child/young adult lower may be okay. Talk with them and gain their reasons for this request.

HT

Page: of 5 Previous Topic: Why not actors? Topic Next Topic: Male genital waxing: possible and safe?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.39 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved