Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 149 ]  [ Total: 149 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Unofficial Nude Beaches
 St. George's Island, FL
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: nude beaches in tampa/stpete Topic Next Topic: IL/Mo Nude Places?  

Captnbluz

Posted - 06/17/2005 :  03:51:04 AM  Show Profile  Send Captnbluz an AOL message  Send Captnbluz a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Anyone know the status of the beach on St. George's Island? Is there much activity?

keith

Posted - 04/07/2006 :  8:05:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see this is an old posting but I'll add my .02 on the subject

I used to live in Appalachicola and I go to St. George every year and have gone nude in the state park well to the east end of the island on many an occasion. There are several miles of dunes extending beyond the end of the open road and it is usually pretty secluded. There is a road that see's occasional traffic from park service vehicles; it is rare, but sometimes a park vehicle will drive down the service road which runs to the end of the island. so keep that in mind in picking out your spot and you likely won't have any trouble.

You will also find some nice beaches at the end of Cape San Blas, also in a state park, 14 miles of beach extend beyond the end of the road and I rarely encounter textiles beyond the first mile or so.

St. Vincent Island (nearby) is a national wildlife preserve; the entire island is a protected wilderness area. I often rent kayaks from Jeanni's at St. George and paddle around St. Vincent Island, there are plenty of rivers, secluded coves and beaches where you can go bare. It is also possible to cross over from Indian Pass using the ferry

If you are able to handle the current across the channel the west end of St. George Island is seperated by a sea cut and deserted; The beach along the gulf side of the island is one of the nicest, cleanest stretches of beach along the florida coast. the water isn't as blue as destin or panama city because of the appalachicola river but the beach is a shell hunting paradise.

Jeanni also runs a charter boat that will take you out to anywhere from Alligator Point to Port St. Joe;

The whole region experienced damage from hurricane Dennis last year; many of the buildings along US98 in East Point are gone and I won't know the full extent of the damage on St. George until I visit again next month.

Edited by - keith on 04/08/2006 07:10:10 AM

alancarnocahn

Posted - 01/27/2008 :  12:22:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone have an update on St George Island?
Heading down there (hopefully) in April for some nude sunbathing and kayaking while camping at the state park. Any do's or don'ts for the area ???

Previous Topic: nude beaches in tampa/stpete Topic Next Topic: IL/Mo Nude Places?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.11 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved