Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 517 ]  [ Total: 517 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Swimming Pools, Spas & Hot Tubs
 Interesting things about pools and hot tubs
 Pool Question
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Another reason to skinnydip in pools Topic Next Topic: Health question: Hottubs after surgery?
Page: of 2

Curious in CT
Forum Member

Posted - 06/24/2005 :  1:17:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Curious in CT an AOL message  Send Curious in CT a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have a question for everyone. For those of you with a pool, do you care if neighbors possibly are being spying on your when you are using your pool nude, or do you have your pool in a place that is private? For those who don't have a pool, what would you do?

pilotdude

Posted - 06/24/2005 :  1:38:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my wife and i like to spend time in our back yard enjoying the sun. we have a good sized yard with a six foot privacy fence.

we used to be concerned with neighbors seeing us over the fence and being offended and saying something, but we came to realize that it is our yard, with our fence, and we are adults, doing nothing wrong. if they don't like what they see when they look over our fence then they shouldn't be looking over our fence!

that's not to say that we go flaunting around or anything, but it is private property.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 06/24/2005 :  2:14:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Curious in CT

I have a question for everyone. For those of you with a pool, do you care if neighbors possibly are being spying on your when you are using your pool nude, or do you have your pool in a place that is private? For those who don't have a pool, what would you do?

We have a 7' privacy fence on our boundary sides and our house is set @150 yds from the street. Living in a rural community does help. There's no way anyone would be able to view what goes on in our yard. In South Carolina as long as you can't be seen from the public right of way (water or concrete), you're okay.

:) Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 06/24/2005 :  10:05:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We also have a pool and spa. After they were built we still had 6' high wooden fences for privacy. The gaps in the wooden planks widened and we began erecting 6' block walls. We still had one wooden fence between us and one neighbor for quite some time, money issues with them. We continued to use our backyard being nude always.

Their kids would climb swing sets, climb up on the walls, trees and look ove and see us. Once we made eye contact they promptly jumped down because they were embarassed. During several textile social gatherings at our home, these neighbors would make friendly comments regarding our need for privacy and after about 2 years decided it was time we put up the final block wall.

This didn't stop the young boys from looking over for a while. Currently, they've seen my wife and I naked so many times they don't really look over anymore.

When we use the pool, pool deck, backyard, we just continue doing what we are doing, swimming, sunning, socializing with other nudist friends and never pay much attention to the neighbors and they in turn don't bother or concern themselves with what we are doing on our side of the wall.

Edited by - FireProf on 06/24/2005 10:06:49 PM

sailordave
Forum Member

Posted - 06/25/2005 :  07:38:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Depending on the location and soil conditions, adding certain types of plants outside the wall could also help. Thorny bushes or p****willows which gives intruders painful paper cuts can help to make curious children keep their distance. I'd love to see the parents of curious children call the police on you being nude within your own back yard then have those parents explain that their children can see over the fence when they climb up on something to peek over the wall. Sounds more like bad parenting than something illegal on your part. I'd be concerned if any of the surrounding homes have more than one floor. If you are concerned about your photos appearing on the internet and you have homes around your house that are more than one floor, then don't go nude in your back yard. They sell on the net and catalogs a pair of binaculars that have a built in digital camera which takes a digital photo of what you've zoomed in on. They say it's for bird watching,...but we know better.

We the willing who are led by the unknown must do the impossible for the ungrateful.

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 06/26/2005 :  10:33:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First and foremost: study your surroundings.
A friend of mine erected a pool and fence, taking into consideration only the view from the street and the side neighbours. What she didn't pay attention to was the fact that the rear neighbour's house was slightly more elevated than hers. Her teenage daughter and her girlfriends often skinny-dipped and sunbathed nude, and that's when my friend realized that the neighbour was peeking from his attic window. That put a term to their backyard nudism.

pilot
Forum Member

Posted - 06/27/2005 :  10:29:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am quite certain that a couple of our neighbors can see through the shrubs that separate our home from theirs, and I am equally certain that they know our preference for skinny-dipping. They are gracious enough not to bring up the subject when we meet at the mailbox etc. Our pool is secluded, but the vegetation in not completely opaque. However, it is private property and what we do is our business. Could someone take our picture and post them somewhere? I suppose. But I think there is little interest in a middle-aged couple reading the newspaper and having a glass of iced tea on a hot day by a pool, with or without pants on.

nudetoo
Forum Member

Posted - 07/01/2005 :  12:37:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
since this is your pool, in your yard, with a fence for privacy how could anyone complain without admitting to violating peeping tom laws?

Just me, Willy

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 07/01/2005 :  02:42:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
See.....I agree with you and what you're saying....but, what is so frustrating in today's society is that nudists can make every effort to provide themselves with adequate privacy and the curious neighbors can go to great lengths to spy on you and in the end....the cops tell you (the nudist) to cover up or not do what you're doing anymore or they'll have to cite you....etc, etc.

Can be very frustrating for us nudist that are minding their own business and have neighbors that are minding our business as well.

Edited by - FireProf on 07/01/2005 02:44:18 AM

EuroTim
Forum Member

Posted - 07/02/2005 :  08:20:29 AM  Show Profile  Click to see EuroTim's MSN Messenger address  Send EuroTim a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nudony

First and foremost: study your surroundings.
A friend of mine erected a pool and fence, taking into consideration only the view from the street and the side neighbours. What she didn't pay attention to was the fact that the rear neighbour's house was slightly more elevated than hers. Her teenage daughter and her girlfriends often skinny-dipped and sunbathed nude, and that's when my friend realized that the neighbour was peeking from his attic window. That put a term to their backyard nudism.

I once lived with friends in Connecticut for about 2 years. When they built their pool they took all the same precautions with what sounds like exactly the same surroundings. Only after a couple of months did we realize that the neighbors in the slightly elevated house were going up into their attic to spy on the pool area. At first we decided to only use the pool naked at night. But then with the really hot weather we decided that if they wanted to lie on the floor of a sweltering attic, just to see a few nude people, they could do just that, but they would never be invited to enjoy the refreshing water of the pool.

thizoon

Posted - 07/05/2005 :  9:42:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just be concern with your responsibility. Privacy fencing or shrubbery is there mainly to not flaunt or expose your activity onto others and to stay within the law of your state. If neighbors tend to be voyeuristic, the negative reflection is on them. However it can be annoying when neighbors are being rude and intrusive about it.

natur31
Forum Member

Posted - 07/07/2005 :  3:21:15 PM  Show Profile  Click to see natur31's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yes, I have a pool.
I seem to be very lucky. I live on the edge of a small village (pop. 82!) in SW France. No neighbours can overlook, and the hedges are very thick. Cannot even be seen from the adjacent country road (more than six vehicules per day is a traffic jam!).
So: I can live nude (weather permitting) all the time.
Visiting guests have no fear of going nude as well.

Sarah

~*~

old hippie
Forum Member

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  2:59:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, Sara, you are very lucky.

My parents have a pool in their yard, and though their fence is about 6 ft tall, the yard is fairly large and neighbors' houses are taller. Daytime skinny-dipping is minimal but not unheard of at their house. Nightime, though....

I agree with several others, that if the homeowner has made reasonable precaution to keep private matters private, there should be no complaints from the neighbors.

Is anyone else reminded of the story of the old lady who called the precinct to complain of the misbehaving neighbors; and when the officer arrived at her house, he could see nothing offensive at the house across the street and several doors down.
"I don't see anything", he told her.
She replied, "Here, use my binoculars!"

Sometimes I think a lot of her soulmates live nearby.

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  5:04:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ahhhh yes............and the other story.

The elderly woman who called the police on her neighbors sunning themselves in their backyard in the nude.

When the policeman arrived she told him, "they've been out there in the nude for hours."

cmonet2
Forum Member

Posted - 07/26/2005 :  8:20:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't have a pool, but what you do on your property is your business. I would probably have a 6' or 7' high fence and figure.... if you are that desperate to invade our privacy, so be it, right?

Mic
Forum Member

Posted - 07/26/2005 :  9:19:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Friends of ours had a pool and installed a 6' privacy fence. Houses on both sides were two stories with windows looking into their backyard. At first, they only skinny-dipped at night. Later, they made sure that the neighbors were gone and then striped off during the day.

Finally, after being observed naked at least once by each neighbor, they invited the neighbors over for a swim and dinner. After some adult beverages, they mentioned that they liked to swim sans suits. Both neighbors acknowledged that they knew that and didn't care. One asked that if they had guests and wanted to avoid a problem they would let them know.

Later that evening with the lights off, all went skinny-dipping. For the rest of the summer the ladies sunbathed naked at least twice a week.

Mic

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Another reason to skinnydip in pools Topic Next Topic: Health question: Hottubs after surgery?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.53 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved