Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 149 ]  [ Total: 149 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Education - Promoting the Nudist Lifestyle
 Educating the public about nudism
 World Naked Bike Ride and other such things
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Nudism and educating the public - best method? Topic Next Topic: Mainstream news
Page: of 3

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 08/23/2007 :  11:14:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have are own Area 51 here in Maryland. It is called NSA they have their own exit off the BW Parkway. The main complex is a small city with several satalite centers. It is very hard to keep 30,000 employees a secret. What I learned is the MARYLAND STATE police have troopers who are paid by NSA in addition to their own police force. They stopped me in my car after I left the area.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

tgg
Forum Member

Posted - 02/23/2008 :  4:54:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit tgg's Homepage  Send tgg an ICQ Message  Click to see tgg's MSN Messenger address  Send tgg a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I am the Brisbane organiser for the World Naked Bike Ride, and there has been some debate on the Time Off message board as to whether this event is really about naturism.

If it is about being at one with nature regardless of where you are or what you're doing, then I would say that it is pertinent to it. There are people who are both naturists and textiles alike who enjoy taking part in this event.

Whilst nudist clubs and camps are basically tolerated by the state government and councils, there are no nudist beaches or public urban nudist facilities in my state. At last year's ride, we got 32 riders and 29 police. They threatened to arrest anyone who went fully nude during this event, and towards the end of the ride they even ordered to girls to put their bikini tops back on because someone had complained about their painted up breasts!

I'm doing it again this year, but this time myself and my entourage will be nuding up for it.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WNBR_Brisbane
http://www.myspace.com/wnbr_brisbane

'Fear wraps our bodies in clothing, love allows us to stand naked' - Neale Donald Walsch (Conversations With God 1)

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 02/24/2008 :  08:25:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good luck to you. Your ride is much sooner than those of us up north. Some folks on this forum feel WNBR events are counter productive. Personally I fail to see how society could be harmed by people on bikes nude or not. The riders usually keep moving so, the disruption to traffic etc is minor. At least you had more riders than police.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

tgg
Forum Member

Posted - 03/23/2008 :  12:10:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit tgg's Homepage  Send tgg an ICQ Message  Click to see tgg's MSN Messenger address  Send tgg a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Balto Bob, I'm sorry to say but this year's Brisbane Naked Bike Ride was a complete flop in spite of the work that I'd done to promote it. Out of 100 odd people who were invited to it, as well as radio promotion on 4ZZZ and ABC Radio, only 6 bothered to show up for it - 5 guys and 1 woman. There were about 12 cops and 6 media people there, and the cops threatened everyone with arrest if they nuded up including the woman if she went topless at it. In the end I was so angry and annoyed with the police's bullying that I pulled out of riding myself, preferring to sit at the starting point to mind the rider's gear. The cops claimed there were there to 'protect' us from detractors, whilst there weren't any. One of the riders claimed that there were a number of locals watching who just laughed and cheered them on.

Not to be outdone, I am organising another one on June 7th (which is when the Northern hemisphere one is going to be) at a secret inner-city location and only the underground media as well as the nudist media will be invited to participate in it. If I get 100 riders in all to do it then I will definitely ride nude myself - it seems I've lost a lot of respect from my peers in the Brisbane music scene for not nuding up myself during the event.

'Fear wraps our bodies in clothing, love allows us to stand naked' - Neale Donald Walsch (Conversations With God 1)

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 03/23/2008 :  6:07:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I had read that Melbourne allowed total female nudity but, not male (you can find the report as well as pictures at nakedwiki.org). Which seems rather odd. The DC ride will be in the afternoon this year. It should be warmer, maybe that will help participation. Washington,DC has MANY law enforcement agencies. Park police, US Capital police, Secret service(White House) as well as Metro(the DC local police) to name a FEW. I understand the US Park Police was OK with total nudity last year. Due to concerns wih other agencies only 1 rider was compleatly nude, and only for the first part of the ride. The riders stopped near the White House for some pictures. Several of the riders wore only a pouch. They are hoping for a LOT more folks wearing even less this year. With US gas prices at all time records we should have thousands of folks who AREN'T nudists. Add a few hundred of us and we could have quite a crowd. Last year I had my bike strapped to my car as well as a thong to wear but, got stuck at work(I work nights). I'll post a link to the DC ride in a few weeks. It is June 7,2008. You need a bike or skates. Bodypaint, funny hats, are optional. The ride is "bare as you dare". Some people worry more about pictures than the police. Check out www.bananapeelz.com if you are looking for just a little coverage.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 06/13/2008 :  10:08:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The guy who spent much time and effort getting the permits for the DC ride www.wnbr-dc.org has a son (USMC) who has served in both Iraq and Afganistan. The ride is 1 hour start to finish,most of the time we kept moving. The big stop is in front of the White House in an area set up for protesters. While a lot of people saw us, we certainly didn't cause any disruption. It was a wonderful experience for me. We waved and spoke to people along the route, most seemed to enjoy the show. I hope to do it again. We had about 10 nudists and 30 textiles. I didn't ask why people joined the ride. While, none of us were totally nude, the tiny little pouch I wore left little doubt what was under it. This is still the USA and I'm glad to enjoy what freedoms they still allow. Next year who knows.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  05:01:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The DC ride is this Saturday. Roger spent last week contacting the alphabet soup the regulates events in our nations capital. NPS, MPD, DC Parks and ACLU for starters. We are supposed to meet at Franklin Park (13th and K St) at 3 PM.
http://wiki.worldnakedbikeride.org/ Washington,DC is at the bottom of the list of rides. A couple good pics from last year.
www.ipernity.com/doc/elvertbarnes/album/98943 has 60 photos that Elvert didn't post on flickr. You should find a link to the youtube of last years White House Rally. You will need to register with flickr that you are over 18. I'm on dialup so youtube is sort of useless to me.
I bought a green bannapeelz to match my bike seat.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.flickr.com/photos/isisdc/2560300492/
www.flickr.com/photos/perspective/2560521247/

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  11:13:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
balto bob hope you have a great bike ride in dc this week

agde
Forum Member

Posted - 06/12/2009 :  12:52:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We should encourage even people who don't plan to ride nude to join the ride to show support!

And the WNBR is always a great opportunity for signage and slogans:

• Skin. Perfectly Natural Bike-wear.
  • Ban nudity in Congress - otherwise it's a 9th Amendment right!
  • Take a break from fabric. Your skin will thank you!
  • Just getting some VITAMIN nuDe
  • Enjoy natural air-con. Bike nude!
  • Naturist cyclists are naturally cool!
  • We're not just naked, we're aerodynamic!
  • Rediscover your inner child. Bike in the buff!
  • Sometimes I bike naked. But I always vote!
  • Tour de Eden 2009
  • After this bike ride, we're going skinny-dipping!

Edited by - agde on 06/12/2009 01:38:00 AM

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 06/12/2009 :  06:37:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The ride is "Bare as you dare". Many of the riders are enviro types. Last year was HOT. Most of the guys went shirtless but, still wore shorts. Of the 42 riders maybe 15 were wearing a bikini or less including a young black couple. With a helmet and shades you are hard to recognize anyway.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 06/13/2009 :  01:25:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'll post this now,as I will be away most of next week. This should link to the best photos of the ride.
http://elvertbarnes-freedom.blogspot.com/2009/06/4th-annual-world-naked-bike-ride-dc.html

There are links to the Yahoo group, maps for the park, photos of last year(flickr & ipernity). Much of this I have posted but NOT togeather.
Elvert does great work!!

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

Edited by - Balto Bob on 06/13/2009 01:39:15 AM

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 06/13/2009 :  7:48:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great ride! Smaller group (15?) but, mostly nudists wearing very little. Photogs enjoyed two young women painting each other breasts before the ride. I was interviewed by a woman from the Washington Post. I guess I should pickup a copy in the morning.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  12:15:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Post didn't quote me. Nice pics though.
www.flickr.com/photos/brightestyoungthings/sets/72157619672646503/
www.flickr.com/photos/streyeder/3628723628/
www.flickr.com/photos/streyeder/3628713008/
http://elvertbarnes.com/4thWNBR-DC-2009.html

ALWAYS make sure the links work!!!

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

Edited by - Balto Bob on 06/17/2009 12:20:24 AM

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 07/28/2009 :  11:14:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
www.flickr.com/photos/streyeder/sets/72157619939011825/

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

n/a
deleted

Posted - 07/05/2012 :  11:35:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the WNBR would be able to be done in almost every city if the race raised money only for local business or charity so participants could ride bikes on a 5 or 10 mile stretch of the city nude by paying a entry fee of $20 and 100% of that fee goes to local food bank etc. Just no reason to call it the WNBR when its only done in a few places.

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Nudism and educating the public - best method? Topic Next Topic: Mainstream news  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.33 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved