Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 127 ]  [ Total: 128 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Nudists Hall of Shame ??????
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: No Topic Needed - Just Chatting - January 2006 Topic Next Topic: Atitudes to wild nudists  

smendes
Forum Member

Posted - 01/21/2006 :  8:17:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found this website on Google

Nikki Craft... apparently an ex-nudist... running this blog... and for what purpose ??

I was upset by her website.. and its implications..

I sent her the following document by email:

PHOTOGRAPHY OF CHILDREN
-----------------------

Nikki,

I have spent some time reading and exploring your site "nudist hall of shame"

... and although I am horrified by your revelations... I think you need to present a more balanced viewpoint.

Are you saying, for example, that children should never be photographed nude ??

I am a professional photographer and my father was a photographer before me.... I was also a nudist child...

from the craddle, I grew up with my father taking photos of me.... movies and stills.... almost constantly..

Both my parents loved me very much and I was shielded, protected, cared-for and loved.... I was never abused either physically or sexually.

my daddie's rational for taking photos of me and my sister (clothed or not... and it really did not matter) was simply this

he wanted to preserve those fleeting moments.... to capture a childhood that disappears all too quickly and forever....

and how glad I am that he did.... I enjoy looking back at my glorious childhood.... the memories of us together as a family...

he died in 1984... and my mother is now in a nursing home (she is in her late 70's)... and she spends her days looking back at the thousands

of photos of our lives and friends (90% of the photos are ordinary CLOTHED photos).... over her bed is huge enlargement of her beloved husband (fully clothed)

which I took of him when I was in my early 20's and just getting started in my photographic career.

In my life, I have photographed everything.... weddings, funerals, christenings, family portraits, real estate, aerial surveys, nature (birds, flowers, animals, sunsets)

and landscapes and seascapes....

I have also photographed children, teenagers, adults and old people.... both clothed and in the nude... at various times and places.

Nikki, you need to understand why a photographer likes to photograph children and small animals... they take

excellent photographs.... everybody adores them.

My wife loves cats... cats and kittens.... are so photogenic, I have taken thousands of photos of them over the last 10 years.

With regard to nudity, I do not make a distinction.... I do not go out of my way to get nudes specifically....

I would NEVER say to a child "take off your clothes so I can take photos of you".... NEVER.... all the nude photos I have ever taken were

totally spontaneous.... the children were playing nude... and the share JOY on their faces, they were having one helluva good time, made photos an urgent necessity....

they didnt care and nor did their parents.... in fact, when I sent enlargements to the parents free of cost... they thanked me profusely

Nikki, I realise why you are doing what you are doing, but I urge you to be BALANCED in your outlook...

just because there are perverts out there... is no justification for banning all nude photography.... because you know what ?

there would STILL be perverts prowling for victims, that is not going to change.

The human body is beautiful... gorgeous in fact... particularly in young people (before the ravages of time and the abuses of life have taken their toll)

we only pass this way once.... and like the flowers of the field, we wither and die.... and it happens all to soon that we are old and decrepit

the only evidence of our former beauty IS the photos in our collections.... there is NOTHING that remains after we are gone but our photos

... and the memories in the hearts of our loved ones.... who will also die in their turn.

Please do not take that away from us.... please publish this letter on your website.... so that your visitors will know that

all naturists are not bad people... that we love and CARE just as much as any other gr

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 01/22/2006 :  11:09:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
AND, you probably won't. Not sure when the last time that webpage was updated. It's VERY old news. She was the girlfriend of The Naturist Society's founder. I think some of what she relates might be sour grapes.

Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Edited by - Cheri on 01/22/2006 11:12:40 AM

stringsinger
Forum Member

Posted - 01/23/2006 :  8:43:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit stringsinger's Homepage  Send stringsinger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Cheri,

I knew Nikki Craft back when she was with TNS. I attended many of the Naturist Society "Naturist Gathering" events during that time. I think your assessment is very likely correct. I also have some first hand knowledge of some of the cases she identifies on her website. The "Tim Wilcox" case in particular was one where the mother of a little girl (who was in fact living at a nudist park) was complicit in his abuse of her daughter. Given this mother's abhorrent behavior, I do not see how the club in question could have done anything at the time to have prevented the abuse. Today, there are new tools in the hands of nudist club management that were not available then. Glen Eden, where I am a member, is now utilizing "Megan's Law" to screen applicants.

-Gregg

Previous Topic: No Topic Needed - Just Chatting - January 2006 Topic Next Topic: Atitudes to wild nudists  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.18 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved