Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 595 ]  [ Total: 595 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Answering door nude.
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: The Brits Are Doing Things Correctly Topic Next Topic: Skinny Dippers in Trouble
Page: of 18

sueallday
Forum Member

Posted - 04/28/2006 :  8:31:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm wondering if other people have ask themselves this question. If your home in the nude and someone comes to your door have you thought about or have you just answered the door in the nude? I'm thinking if you live in a private home, people coming to your door are on your property and if you answer the door in the nude they invaded your private property. I don't believe this would hold true for those who live in apartments. Just wondering!

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 04/29/2006 :  12:28:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good topic there sueallday,One can find themselfs totally embareassed answering the door in the nude. Especially when one doesn't know who's knocking or when you expect someone and it isn't them.
Several years ago I experianced just that and really shocked a good friend who just stopped by when I was expecting someone else to be there! I was surprised very. She found out the secret and not the way I'd tell anyone. It backfired but could have been worse I'm sure.

go n nude

Ranger191
Forum Member

Posted - 04/29/2006 :  08:59:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ranger191's Homepage  Send Ranger191 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I've often wondered about this. Aside from the possible embarassment, are there legal ramifications to it? In my town, it is not illegal to be nude on private property, or on a private road or thoroughfare. Still, with today's sue-happy citizenship, I've not wanted to press the issue.

Most of my neighbors know about my nudity anyway and call before they come over, providing me enough time to put some kind of cover up on.

Nobility is not a birthright, it is defined by one's actions.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 04/29/2006 :  09:16:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cougar, Legal ramifications...it depends on where you live and if you can be seen from the public right of way.

We live on 7 acres and I don't answer the door without at least wearing a pareo out of respect for friends who might drop in. As I always say, I want to enjoy my freedom from clothes not flaunt it.

Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

jim19452
Forum Member

Posted - 04/29/2006 :  09:16:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit jim19452's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Better to hide behind the door and announce your nudity and ask if it is acceptable to the caller. Do not be visible from the street.

America was once a free country with substantial property rights, it no longer is. Supreme court justice Oliver Wendell Holmes replaced property rights with government ownership when he ruled that falsely yelling fire in crowded theater was illegal. Actually, the owner of theater had the right to toss the person because he had violated the owner's rules. Same applies to nudist and clothing optional camps.

Best Wishes, Jim

Ranger191
Forum Member

Posted - 04/29/2006 :  09:37:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ranger191's Homepage  Send Ranger191 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
One small problem with hiding behind a door jim19452...it's mostly glass! :)

Nobility is not a birthright, it is defined by one's actions.

Bare in the Desert
Forum Member

Posted - 04/30/2006 :  02:23:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've thought about it, its always a bummer to get dressed.

We had a friend that was nudist friendly and would answer the door nude when she stopped by.

Dare to be Bare
http://members.cox.net/freedomaz01

JustJim
Forum Member

Posted - 04/30/2006 :  08:06:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think any normal, reasonable person would readily understand that if you live anywhere but at a nudist facility you simply can't randomly open your door nude without expecting major problems from the law enforcement agencies.
This idea that you're on your own property and therefore your "rights" to do what you want are totally your decision is ridiculous. You can't murder anyone on your personal property, you can't physically abuse your wife or kids on your personal property, and it follows that you can't open the door to a group of Girl Scouts selling cookies while you're in the nude because you are a "nudist".
I enjoy this forum in most cases but sometimes the thought processes of some who claim to be nudists makes you shake your head in disbelief. I'm well aware that for me to practice nudity I have to do it WITHIN the confines of my home with reasonable care not to "flash" unsuspecting and unwilling neighbors/visitors...or I have to drive to the nudist facility I belong to so I can be nude with like-minded people who expect nudity.

JustJim

EuroTim
Forum Member

Posted - 05/01/2006 :  01:01:51 AM  Show Profile  Click to see EuroTim's MSN Messenger address  Send EuroTim a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe the best solution is to get one of those fisheye lens things and check who's there before opening the door. If the person is OK with your being naked, open. If not or you don't know the person, slip on shorts. I have my computer desk next to the door and I keep a pair so spandex shorts on the back of the chair. I can slip them on if necessary.

muffin
Forum Member

Posted - 05/01/2006 :  02:03:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sueallday

I........If your home in the nude and someone comes to your door have you thought about or have you just answered the door in the nude?

that is wrong!

beachnudist
Forum Member

Posted - 05/01/2006 :  07:27:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For gods sake dont answer the door nude to unsuspecting callers. The second caller could be a policeman (or woman).

buffetfan
Forum Member

Posted - 05/01/2006 :  1:06:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have some friends, a retired couple, who are nudists and have been trying to get my wife to accept social nudity. As I've stated in other posts, my wife will be nude sometimes at home with me but not around anyone else. She told our friends it was OK if they were nudists but not around her. So when we visit them we have a special knock then we open the door and holler " It's just me. Put some pants on. " We joke about it but they keep some clothes (him - a pair of shorts, her - a sundress) that thry can grab if someone comes by. I do the same thing, just keep a pair of shorts handy to jump into.

As for as the privacy thing, a couple of years ago a woman was arrested for sunbathing nude in her fenced backyard. The authorities said her fence had gaps in it so she was exposing her nudity to her neighbors. At the trial it came out that the "gaps" in the fence were so small that you could only see anything if you put your eye right on the fence. Both the neighbor and the police admitted that they only got a slight glimpse through the fence and could only see that she was nude by climbing a ladder and looking over the fence. The judge threw out the case and ruled her privacy had been invaded and ordered the neighbor to be charged as a "peeping tom". A victory for common sense and privacy.
As Cheri said we want to enjoy our freedom not force it on others. If someone is at the door just holler to wait a minute. If they want to know why then you decide whether to tell them that you had to put on some clothes to answer the door or not.

GeeWilly
Forum Member

Posted - 05/01/2006 :  1:10:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, jim19452, but I respectfully disagree that yelling "fire" in a crowded theater is a reduction of property rights or that Mr Justice Holmes, by himself, effected such.
But I think you're on the right track. The holding you have missed is that the so-called freedom of expression is limited. (Perhaps none of the "Bill of Rights" privileges are absolute?)

Thus if a guy, who did not reside in a nudist venue, answered his door nude and some girl scouts were standing there to sell cookies, I think the door-opener could be prosecuted same as any other flasher. The more practical solution is the one offered by Cheri.

tns0038

Posted - 05/02/2006 :  1:12:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
High everyone, I have not posted much to this forum before, but I would like to through in my 2-cents worth.

I am born and bread Floridian and although I think as a society Americans are totally prudish when it comes to nudity. However, answering the door in the nude is absolutely out of line. Don’t get me wrong, I think being on your own property should give you the right to express yourself, but there are limits, and as a nudist you should not want to bring the wrong kind of attention to our cause.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 05/02/2006 :  2:27:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think most nudist would love to be able to answer the door nude. Some may have at different times, for family, friends, neighbors but......to answer the door nude for shock value or to prove a point, in my opinion, isn't worth the backlash.

Like many other things in life, best to know your audience before putting on your performance.

balataf
Forum Member

Posted - 05/04/2006 :  10:53:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit balataf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am able to, weather permitting, answer the door without clothes by using a window next to it that is elevated (over a meter/yard) so that nothing shows below the navel area. If further action is needed, I can easily ask for a minute.

Page: of 18 Previous Topic: The Brits Are Doing Things Correctly Topic Next Topic: Skinny Dippers in Trouble  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.43 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved