Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 152 ]  [ Total: 152 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Answering door nude.
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: The Brits Are Doing Things Correctly Topic Next Topic: Skinny Dippers in Trouble
Page: of 18

OLD BUZZARD
Forum Member

Posted - 02/12/2008 :  09:08:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i dont answer the door nude. sometimes i wood like to but always have a pair of shorts handy.i think its the proper thing to do.............old buzzard

later
Forum Member

Posted - 02/20/2008 :  12:29:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agde,you have found what we found, that posting some sort of warning is the way to go.By posting a sign, you may still not satisfy the law, but you give people who come calling fair warning and they can decide to leave or not. At the very least they can not say they were not warned. Like you we have found that most people still do the business they came for. By posting a warning you remove the shock value.

LIFES MORE FUN NUDE!

sueallday
Forum Member

Posted - 02/25/2008 :  1:01:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We agree caution should be exercised. We're on an acreage, and the property is posted NO TRESPASSING. We also post signs stating "PROPERTY OWNERS AND GUESTS AND NUDE IN THE HOUSE AND YARD. IF YOU ARE OFFENDED BY NUDITY - PLEASE LEAVE THE PROPERTY NOW!" We put these warnings on the front and rear door when nude. We believe it's hard for anyone to support a complaint when they were clearly warned,one to stay off the property, and two that nude people are around. That's like walking by a nude beach sign and then complaining about the nude sunbathers.

traisjames
Forum Member

Posted - 02/25/2008 :  1:07:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit traisjames's Homepage  Click to see traisjames's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sueallday

We agree caution should be exercised. We're on an acreage, and the property is posted NO TRESPASSING. We also post signs stating "PROPERTY OWNERS AND GUESTS AND NUDE IN THE HOUSE AND YARD. IF YOU ARE OFFENDED BY NUDITY - PLEASE LEAVE THE PROPERTY NOW!" We put these warnings on the front and rear door when nude. We believe it's hard for anyone to support a complaint when they were clearly warned,one to stay off the property, and two that nude people are around. That's like walking by a nude beach sign and then complaining about the nude sunbathers.

I like that idea...when I have my own land I might do that...but, (and I don't know where you live and how developed the area near your acrage is) arn't you worried that might advertise it for people with bad intentions? Guess you could put up a beware of dog sign too...and get a dog

From the guy with his eye on the sky

sueallday
Forum Member

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  1:17:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Traisjames, in a way we live in two different worlds. Before we moved to the country we would have to agree that some would use such a sign as a way to become a nuisance. When you live outside the city you do not get a parade of people coming to your door for every reason under the sun. Most of all we don't get strange characters walking around, like in the city. People walking around are your neighbours. The main people are meter readers, the occasional person who’s lost, or lost a dog or cat, or very rarely someone looking to be elected or selling something. And yes, we have a large dog that is totally friendly, but puts on a really good bluff that she’s mean. Few risk leaving their vehicle, and with these people we cover up and ask what they want, as they would not have seen the signs on the doors.
We decided to post the signs for a couple reasons. With the signs up we feel we can be more relaxed, not always have our guard up and be scrambling to cover up. When the signs are up, with the exception of the meter readers, most, who ignore the dog, see the signs and leave, or stick some flyer in the deck rail and leave. The meter readers do not have to come to the house or enter the area behind our home, which is where we spend most of our time. We always get a few who, whether to gawk, or who are not offended, will come to the door, most seem to be the latter who appear unaffected with the fact we’re nude, and will look you in the eye not everywhere but. At the very least they were forewarned. We also look at having the signs up, as maybe in some minor way promote nudism. We think allot more people then even the nudist associations know of, or count, enjoy some sort of nudity. We believe we are saying we are nudist, we enjoy being nudist, it’s okay to be a nudist, and if you enjoy being nude you can and should be more open. Far to many people hide the fact they are enjoying some nude activity. Outside the clubs, beaches or the safety of their home few are willing to acknowledge their activities.

traisjames
Forum Member

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  1:44:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit traisjames's Homepage  Click to see traisjames's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

Traisjames, in a way we live in two different worlds. Before we moved to the country we would have to agree that some would use such a sign as a way to become a nuisance. When you live outside the city you do not get a parade of people coming to your door for every reason under the sun. Most of all we don't get strange characters walking around, like in the city. People walking around are your neighbours. The main people are meter readers, the occasional person who’s lost, or lost a dog or cat, or very rarely someone looking to be elected or selling something. And yes, we have a large dog that is totally friendly, but puts on a really good bluff that she’s mean. Few risk leaving their vehicle, and with these people we cover up and ask what they want, as they would not have seen the signs on the doors.
We decided to post the signs for a couple reasons. With the signs up we feel we can be more relaxed, not always have our guard up and be scrambling to cover up. When the signs are up, with the exception of the meter readers, most, who ignore the dog, see the signs and leave, or stick some flyer in the deck rail and leave. The meter readers do not have to come to the house or enter the area behind our home, which is where we spend most of our time. We always get a few who, whether to gawk, or who are not offended, will come to the door, most seem to be the latter who appear unaffected with the fact we’re nude, and will look you in the eye not everywhere but. At the very least they were forewarned. We also look at having the signs up, as maybe in some minor way promote nudism. We think allot more people then even the nudist associations know of, or count, enjoy some sort of nudity. We believe we are saying we are nudist, we enjoy being nudist, it’s okay to be a nudist, and if you enjoy being nude you can and should be more open. Far to many people hide the fact they are enjoying some nude activity. Outside the clubs, beaches or the safety of their home few are willing to acknowledge their activities.

Yea, we live so far out in the bonnies of iowa that if people come to our door looking for directions, they are trying to find Minnesota and are not sure if they are still there or in Iowa. Everyone thinks we are a bunch of senile farmers or hippies so we never have to worry about politions. Thats why while I live in Iowa where skinny dipping is totally illegal, I still dip in our pond.
Our dog is also all bark and no bite

Sue, did you make these signs or can you buy them somewhere?

With what Agde does with the image on the door, right now I have something kind of like that for my dorm room. on my white board I wrote if I am here or away, and I have told my friends if the black magnet is on the left side of HERE, then I am nude, if on the right, I am here. All of my friends either like being nude by themselves or for art or sex ONLY so they don't like to even stop by when I am nude.

From the guy with his eye on the sky

JohnnyBoy
Forum Member

Posted - 03/02/2008 :  1:51:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Y'all

Let me just give a different perspective to the topic. If you read my profile, you'll see personal protection is a hobby of mine. Here are my thoughts. Although we own several firearms, we don't advertise. You won't see NRA stickers or "This home protected by Smith & Wesson" or anything like that on my front door. These signs say "Hey burglers, there are GUNS in this house!". (All my firearms are locked in a rated safe which is anchored to the concrete slab and the wall). Same holds true for nudists. As far as a warning sign stating nudists live here (in one form or another), I wouldn't want to have a sign that says "Hey perverts, my wife is home alone, and she's naked!". This mostly applies to metropolitan areas, but still apply to a lesser extent in more rural areas. Understand, a lot of people come to your door whether you know it or not. How do you think all those pesky flyers end up on your doorstep. Along the same lines, be careful what you throw away. If you just bought a new TV, don't just throw the box away, break it down, turn it inside out, and bundle it up like a stack of newspapers. This way potential bad guys don't know what you just got. Believe me, they look (especially on scheduled trash days)!

First and foremost, have a high quality secondary lock on your doors (front, back, garage, etc.) such as a long bolt deadbolt. If the door is next to a window, it should be keyed on both sides. We hang the key on the door jam opposite the window for emergency egress. This way nobody can break the window and reach in to unlock the door. Also install a peephole (or for the tech savvy, a video system). If there is a knock on the door and you're not expecting someone, see who it is. If you don't know them, don't answer or ask through the door what they want. Don't just open the door! Sucks that you have to be consious of these things, but in the world we live in, you can't be too carefull.

As far as actually answering the door nude, we've done it, but only when we're having friends over. All our friends are nudists. Otherwise, on goes a long tee shirt (the Mrs), or a pair of shorts.

Stay Safe...

John

I ain't as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

later
Forum Member

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  1:16:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
JohnnyBoy, I can't speck for others, but we only post our nudist signs when both, wife and I are home. We live in a quiet area in the country and have very little traffic around. We do feel that posting some sort of warning is a good way to avoid complaints. I feel sorry for you, in that you feel or actually live in an area where an armed, locked down fortress is necessary. We still live in a country where not every person you meet could be your last.

LIFES MORE FUN NUDE!

JohnnyBoy
Forum Member

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  2:47:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Later, It's not that we live in a country where we must live in an armed fortress, and not every person you meet could be your last, But I tend to be realistic about potential risks. Risk and threats are different. Risk I can control (for the most part). Threatening or dangerous situations usually result from taking unnecessary risks. I've lived in and visited many different countries while on active duty, and have seen this the world over. Perhaps my perceptions are what they are because of what I've seen both here and abroad. This becomes a mindset. I prefer to logically look for potential risks, and attempt to eliminate them. I think this is good advise no matter where you live. To illustrate the point; you only post your sign when you both are home. But the delivery guy doesn't forget that your sweetie is most likely nude (and therefore in his mind vulnerable) just because you left to run some errands. I'm not saying you should live in fear, we don't. I am saying precautions and awareness go a long way toward not being a potential victim.

Back on topic...

John

I ain't as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

Fulldraw
Forum Member

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  5:32:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I always keep something to ware close by in case someone comes to the door. I have an office in my home and lots of business people and friends of my kids are always banging on the door. I can not imagine answering the door nude without knowing exactly who is knocking.

Little Fellow
Forum Member

Posted - 05/25/2008 :  1:36:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Only a handful of people know i am a naturist and none of them will unexpectindly knock on the door so i never answer the dooor nude.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 08/27/2008 :  3:56:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I am just speculating about the warning sign about nudism at home. If nudism is the most important aspect of your overall philosophy, then you could assuredly put a sign next to your doorbell button. If, on the other hand, being completely comfortable with your neighbors, delivery people, etc. is the most important in everyday life, then putting on a robe to answer the door, and not having a nude warning sign outside would be the way to go.

In other words, figure out your priorities in life. If you couldn't care less about your neighbors', friends' reactions, etc., put a sign out front that you are nude. That means your priority is nudism. If you enjoy your family and friends, et al, and they would be shocked by your nudity, then forget the sign, and keep a robe by the front door, and use a peep hole. In other words figure out your priorities and stick to them, but be prepared to make sacrifices for those priorities.

Hmmm, maybe I should buy a robe, as I do interact with my quite standard neighbors.

That government governs best, which governs least - Thomas Jefferson

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 08/27/2008 :  6:50:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have been known to do several things in the nude but answering the door nude is not one of them. As far as posting a sign at the door, I feel it's not anyone's buisiness that we are nudists or not. We have several friends and family that know of our nude life but we are very selective of who we tell.

Diger

nudist_2k3

Posted - 08/30/2008 :  01:34:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We've installed a camera and an intercom system on the outside. So, depending on who drops by, we may grab something to wear or open the door in the nude.

agde
Forum Member

Posted - 09/02/2008 :  07:05:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
...We also look at having the signs up, as maybe in some minor way promote nudism. We think allot more people then even the nudist associations know of, or count, enjoy some sort of nudity. We believe we are saying we are nudist, we enjoy being nudist, it’s okay to be a nudist, and if you enjoy being nude you can and should be more open...

I heartily agree with sueallday. Our doorbell sign isn't really meant as a humorless warning -- it is more just a cheerful way to be open about being naturist. It was amazing how quickly all the neighbors and regular delivery-etc people adapted. Some were initially interested to chat about naturism, but now it is all just routine. I bet if I took the sign down, the postman and FedEx lady would still ring twice! It is of course important to know your community and act accordingly (especially if you live in a neighborhood like JohnnyBoy), but in our case the happy result is less stress and a pattern of everyday community acceptance that gives naturism in the US a little mini-boost. As one of our French comedians likes to say, sometimes it just takes talking about something to de-dramatize it.

Edited by - agde on 09/02/2008 07:08:32 AM

Page: of 18 Previous Topic: The Brits Are Doing Things Correctly Topic Next Topic: Skinny Dippers in Trouble  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.29 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved