Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 218 ]  [ Total: 218 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Answering door nude.
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: The Brits Are Doing Things Correctly Topic Next Topic: Skinny Dippers in Trouble
Page: of 18

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 10/29/2006 :  2:49:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We usually dont get many unexpected visitors so its not reall too much of an issue. We almost always answer the door nude when we are expecting someone we know. There was only one time I can remember when my daughter answered the door naked and it was someone who had the wrong address. They werent even that embarrassed,and of course neither was my daughter. I know for a fact that where we live anyway as long as your inside your own house you cannot get into trouble being naked,even if you answer the door. People can complain,but any judge will immediatelly throw out the complaint. It happened to some nudist friends of ours,and the police came and said" you wasted our time for this".

Jenn

Borntobenude
Forum Member

Posted - 10/29/2006 :  7:39:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Borntobenude a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I myself would never answer the door nude, as you don't know who's on the other side, and the potential problems which could result are too great...

“Truth and Falsehood were bathing; Falsehood came out of the water first and dressed herself in Truth’s clothes. Truth, unwilling to put on the garments of Falsehood, went naked.”

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 10/29/2006 :  8:05:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The thing is, a lot of people think they can get into soo much trouble for being nude in their own home. In most cases that is just NOT true. Keep in mind,even when answering the door, you are still inside your own home. AND of course common sense says, you dont open the door first without asking who it is. In most cases if it was a solicitor or someone of that nature, you wouldnt answer the door anyway. If it is an unexpected visitor that isnt nude friendly, personnally I would wnat to limit anyone who falls into that category from coming to my house in the first place.

Jenn

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 10/29/2006 :  8:53:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also think that a lot of it has to do with the society that you live in. I would like to feel able to answer the door nude at times but I won't partly out of consideration for others partly to keep from being labeled as a deviant but mostly just to avoid any hassels and maintain good relations with my neighbors. I am nude in my house and my backyard but that is pretty much it. Sometimes I would like to live in an area that was so accepting of nudity that I could go around nude but I know that won't happen until I move to a nude resort.

"The best dress for walking is nakedness." Colin Fletcher

Tuffers
Forum Member

Posted - 10/30/2006 :  05:15:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It sounds as if allnaturalwife and her family live in such a place. Any jobs going over in California ?!!! You make me very envious Jenn. As I have only recently considered being nude in my back garden, iI think I am a long way off going to the door nude..English reserve I think.

Mike

buffetfan
Forum Member

Posted - 11/05/2006 :  8:56:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by allnaturalwife

The thing is, a lot of people think they can get into soo much trouble for being nude in their own home. In most cases that is just NOT true. Keep in mind,even when answering the door, you are still inside your own home. AND of course common sense says, you dont open the door first without asking who it is. In most cases if it was a solicitor or someone of that nature, you wouldnt answer the door anyway. If it is an unexpected visitor that isnt nude friendly, personnally I would wnat to limit anyone who falls into that category from coming to my house in the first place.

Jenn

We have a small window about head high in our front door. We usually keep a small decoration hanging in that window so that allows us to look out at whomever is at the door and decide if we want to open it or not. Answering the door nude is not an option in our residential neighborhood since we only have one couple who are nudists that are friends. We always keep a pair of shorts and a tshirt handy to pull on quickly when the doorbell rings. We usually holler "hang on a minute" and have had a few people joke about us needing to get dressed to answer the door. A few have an idea that we often are very "casual" around the house, but that doesn't bother anybody as long as they don't see anything. But the window in the door is very helpful.

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 11/06/2006 :  12:13:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We also have a very good set-up by our front door. You can see who is at the door from the kitchen window,but from outside the person CANT see into the kitchen. Like I said though we rarely have visitors that arent either going to take their clothes off the minute they come in, or at the very least know we are nude at home and dont care.

Jenn

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 11/06/2006 :  7:12:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We gotta little peep hole in the door. If it's someone we don't wanna talk to, we don't answer the door. If it's someone we like but are naked, we always keep something to put on before answering the door.

We've got several nudist friends in the area and if we knew they were coming, we'd answer the door naked but only for them.

I truly wish it wouldn't be a big deal but someone would make a big deal out of it and I don't think it's worth the trouble to answer the door naked to someone you know would be embarassed or offended.

wessels

Posted - 11/06/2006 :  7:34:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Use to know some nudists living next to a friends house. They had a sign on their door which read "We are nudists---If it bothers you do not bother us."

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 11/06/2006 :  8:04:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We will get a sign like that for our door right away!

vealj
Forum Member

Posted - 11/09/2006 :  09:57:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit vealj's Homepage  Send vealj an AOL message  Send vealj an ICQ Message  Click to see vealj's MSN Messenger address  Send vealj a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We pulled a switch on one of our nudist friends one day during Super Bowl weekend. We had all been invited to a Super Bowl party at their house so about 10 of us showed up, stripped off to the side of the house and were standing there nude when the lady of the house answered the door!

I really enjoyed the look on her face.

Take care and ...
Keep it Bare !!!
- veal
Web:http://www.vealj.com/naturist.html
Nudist Blog: http://360.yahoo.com/vealj

bchkontiki

Posted - 11/09/2006 :  11:57:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the summer we do a lot of nude sun bathing in our courtyard which is very private unless you come up the driveway and look down in it. After some unplanned visits from a couple of Jehovah's Witness as well as a neighbor we installed a motion detector at the end of the driveway to alert us when someone is approaching.

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 11/09/2006 :  1:26:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We also have a surveillance camera pointed at our front door. If we are on the couch watching TV and the doorbell rings we can just hit a button on our remote and see who it is right on our TV. That way if its a solicitor, we dont even have to get off the couch.

Jenn

bchkontiki

Posted - 11/09/2006 :  2:12:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That sounds great! I will have to check into that.

D-TX
Forum Member

Posted - 11/09/2006 :  5:39:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by allnaturalwife

We also have a surveillance camera pointed at our front door. If we are on the couch watching TV and the doorbell rings we can just hit a button on our remote and see who it is right on our TV. That way if its a solicitor, we dont even have to get off the couch.

Jenn

quote:
Originally posted by bchkontiki

That sounds great! I will have to check into that.

There's a system like that available for US$70 at SmartHome. (Item# 69000) http://www.smarthome.com/69000.html

Take Care & Stay Bare,
David

"Gosh that takes me back ... or is it forward? That's the trouble with time travel, you never can tell." - 4th Doctor in the Doctor Who story "ANDROIDS OF TARA"

Page: of 18 Previous Topic: The Brits Are Doing Things Correctly Topic Next Topic: Skinny Dippers in Trouble  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.58 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved