Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 172 ]  [ Total: 172 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Answering door nude.
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: The Brits Are Doing Things Correctly Topic Next Topic: Skinny Dippers in Trouble
Page: of 18

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 11/09/2006 :  7:22:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ours was a little more expensive..But you have to get a color camera with infared capabilities or it wont work after it gets dark.

Jenn

samira1
Forum Member

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  8:28:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my daughters have a tendency to just answer the door, when it rings, i tend to grab a towel, but ive never made them cover up, so they are quite relaxed and never think twice

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 11/12/2006 :  09:39:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by samira1

my daughters have a tendency to just answer the door, when it rings, i tend to grab a towel, but ive never made them cover up, so they are quite relaxed and never think twice

Depending on where you live (there's no information in your profile) and if they can be seen from the street, that might be illegal. You might also be looking for child endangerment charges.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

samira1
Forum Member

Posted - 11/12/2006 :  10:37:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I live in england on a some what quite cul-de-sac, we are close to our neighbors and they know that we are nudists and respect us for it

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 11/12/2006 :  2:42:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheri.."child endangerment"?? Not sure what the political climate is in your state. But here in California, there are mothers putting their babies in dumpsters and ovens! THATS what we consider child endangerment! No one would even bat an eye about kids running around naked in their house with their family. Any complaint about someone seeing my boobs, while passing by on the street, would be laghed out of court here. You see..... they reserve that time for the murders, drug dealers and rapists. Although Im not happy about the current crime rate in my area, at least they undrstand what is and isnt a "crime" in the first place.

Jenn

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 11/12/2006 :  6:26:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by allnaturalwife

Cheri.."child endangerment"?? Not sure what the political climate is in your state. But here in California, there are mothers putting their babies in dumpsters and ovens! THATS what we consider child endangerment! No one would even bat an eye about kids running around naked in their house with their family. Any complaint about someone seeing my boobs, while passing by on the street, would be laghed out of court here. You see..... they reserve that time for the murders, drug dealers and rapists. Although Im not happy about the current crime rate in my area, at least they undrstand what is and isnt a "crime" in the first place.

Jenn

Jenn, All I will say is that you're lucky you're in California. In the Bible Belt, things are a bit more conservative to say the least. Some of the laws on the books are laughable in this day and age.
Cheri

-
-

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 11/13/2006 :  3:32:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is one of the many reasons our family could never live in a conservative area such as that.

Jenn

Cookie
Forum Member

Posted - 11/13/2006 :  4:29:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jenn:

Cheri is correct about the "Bible Belt"! We have the same here in the Northeast. Instead of the religion, we have the "old time yankees" and their proper ways of living.

God forbid that you don't wear clothes.

I would love to be able to pick up and move to Southern California in a heart beat.

We especially love the Palm Springs area.

I guess we only can dream, unless we hit the Lottery!!!

Cookie

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 11/13/2006 :  4:36:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes..the HUGE drawback of California IS the high cost of living. But it is going down though. House prices have steadily decreased over the past year or so. Hopefully that trend will continue. Despite the costs though, we have to live somewhere best suited to our nudist lifestyle. As far as attitudes and climate CA is best for that. Arizona,Florida or Texas are the only three other "nudist friendly" states that our family would be happy with.

Jenn

Edited by - allnaturalwife on 11/13/2006 4:38:11 PM

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 11/13/2006 :  6:23:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yes..the HUGE drawback of California IS the high cost of living. But it is going down though. House prices have steadily decreased over the past year or so. Hopefully that trend will continue. Despite the costs though, we have to live somewhere best suited to our nudist lifestyle. As far as attitudes and climate CA is best for that. Arizona,Florida or Texas are the only three other "nudist friendly" states that our family would be happy with.

Jenn

Jenn, Unless you have 7' privacy fences in those 3 states, you won't be happy there.
I did come across this on the NAC website regarding CA law: California Administrative Code
Title 14, Section 4322

No person shall appear nude while in any unit except in authorized areas set aside for that purpose by the Department. The word nude as used herein means unclothed or in such a state of undress as to expose any part of portion of the pubic or anal region or genitalia of any person or any portion of the breast at or below the areola thereof of any female person.

NAC NOTE: Those found guilty of this misdemeanor face maximum punishment of 90 days in jail and/or a $1,000 fine.

NAC NOTE: An operating policy known as the "Cahill Policy" guides the enforcement of Section 4322 by California State Park rangers. The Cahill Policy says, in part, "it shall be the policy of the Department that enforcement of nude sunbathing regulations within the State Park System shall be made only upon the complaint of a private citizen. Citations or arrests shall be made only after attempts are made to elicit voluntary compliance with the regulations."

Cheri

-
-

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 11/13/2006 :  7:12:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those are just words written on a page. When it comes down to actually calling the police on someone nude in their own backyard..the police officers who respond to the complaint will actually get quite annoyed with the person who wasted their time calling them out..than the supposed "offender". Its upsetting to me than any nudist would be intimidated by such nonsense. We all know there all still many archeic laws on the "books" that are rarely,if EVER enforced. The REALITY is that 99% of the time simple nudity in the privacy of ones own yard will very RARELY result in anything more than a judge or police officer saying "you wasted my time with this..." As for our own yard we have a wall on all sides for the simple reason that we would want privacy wether we were nudits or not.

Jenn

polingot
Forum Member

Posted - 11/13/2006 :  9:34:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I used to work early mornings (3am start) and on weekends the wife would be out doing shopping or whatever so i'd try to get some sleep in when i finished work to get ready for the weekend, one day there was a knock at the door and without thinking got up and answered the door, and it happened to be the wifes best friend, who promptly walked in before i could think about it! Anyway, took a while to explain about naturism while i brewed a cup of tea for her!
One way to introduce friends to naturism i guess!

Pete Knight
Forum Member

Posted - 11/14/2006 :  03:59:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Those are just words written on a page. When it comes down to actually calling the police on someone nude in their own backyard..the police officers who respond to the complaint will actually get quite annoyed with the person who wasted their time calling them out..than the supposed "offender". Its upsetting to me than any nudist would be intimidated by such nonsense. We all know there all still many archeic laws on the "books" that are rarely,if EVER enforced. The REALITY is that 99% of the time simple nudity in the privacy of ones own yard will very RARELY result in anything more than a judge or police officer saying "you wasted my time with this..." As for our own yard we have a wall on all sides for the simple reason that we would want privacy wether we were nudits or not.

Jenn

Blimey Jenn, if only ALL policemen could see things the same way, unfortunately it just isn't that simple, because policemen are individuals and their upbringing affects their outlook on life, some will see simple nudity as offensive, so caution should be applied at all times, you may just be the lucky one that has sensible cops in your neighbourhood.

As for archeic laws, over here in the UK the old "Vagrancey Act 1898" was repealed by the "Sexual Offences Act 2003" (SOA), whilst the "Vagrancey Act 1824" was amended to remove reference to sexual acts. During the drafting of the SOA, our national body CCBN) was consulted, the wording of the act is such that "intent to cause offence" has to be proved before a conviction can be secured.

Despite the updating of laws there are still some policemen over here who consider nudity to be sexual, so theye arrest people but find that they have to release them when the 'Crown Prosecution Service' are unable to bring charges under the new act. That said, the police are now using intimidation to make criminals out of nudists who enjoy freehiking, they simply get the nudist to accept a police caution on the understanding that they will be released immeadiatly, this police caution results in the holder ending up with a criminal record without trial, a heavy handed way to deal with nudists don't you think?

Sorry for rambling on, but its interesting to see the differences between State laws, let alone between countries, and its good to see that the police in Jenn's neighbourhood are able to use common sense, if only ours were so endowed!

Pete Knight

Edited by - Pete Knight on 11/14/2006 08:55:45 AM

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 11/14/2006 :  3:19:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What we are talking about here, is being nude in your own HOME..NOT out in public. Although I do agree that police in your country sound completely ridiculous in what "laws" they tend to focus on enforcing. The next time there is a violent crime in your area..I wonder how the policemen who harrassed the nudist on a hike in the forrest will feel about how they focused their energy.

Jenn

Anniebare
Forum Member

Posted - 11/16/2006 :  9:32:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Anniebare a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I simply keep a small towel by the door and hold that in front of me when I answer a knock. If it is someone I know, I can toss the towel aside and invite him in. If it is a stranger, the towel provides enough coverage to keep people from running away from my door screaming.

I have done this for years and never had a problem.

Annie

Page: of 18 Previous Topic: The Brits Are Doing Things Correctly Topic Next Topic: Skinny Dippers in Trouble  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.33 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved