Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 200 ]  [ Total: 200 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Answering door nude.
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: The Brits Are Doing Things Correctly Topic Next Topic: Skinny Dippers in Trouble
Page: of 18

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 11/17/2006 :  12:23:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"A small towel!!?"

Reminds me of a scene from a movie where a women in the tub asks her male visitor for a towel so she can get out of the tub......he hands her a wash cloth!!

Welcome to the forums Annie!

Pete Knight
Forum Member

Posted - 11/17/2006 :  03:55:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Interesting to note that Jenn and Annie (Welcome to the board by the way.) are able to do this without too much complaint, but if a guy answered the door with just small towel to protect his modesty, he would be more likely to have a visit from the police.
A naked woman = Cor blimey, look at that!
A naked man = Oh! look at that dirty old man, call the cops!

We live in a biased society.

Pete Knight

Edited by - Pete Knight on 11/19/2006 11:49:31 AM

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 11/17/2006 :  04:13:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's no doubt Pete!

Anniebare
Forum Member

Posted - 11/17/2006 :  1:21:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Anniebare a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
LOL! I didn't say I used a washcloth. My "small towel" covers me completely from the front, it just doesn't wrap around. Since I am usually facing the person at the door, it works fine. The only difficulty is if there is a delivery and I need both hands to sign for it. My UPS guy always leaves with a big smile on his face! :D

Annie

Anniebare
Forum Member

Posted - 11/17/2006 :  1:22:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Anniebare a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, and thanks Pete Knight for the welcome!

Annie

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 11/18/2006 :  11:05:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This reminds me of an incident I had.

I was at home minding my own business at that time I lied in an apartment. It was around the dinner hour or just a bit later. I was relaxing nude which is my custom and I had a knock at the door. Well before I could react my 8 year old son was at the door I had been heading to the bathroom to grab a towel. I returned to find a woman sale person at the door. I indicted something about just getting out of the shower and she went straight into her sales pitch. I listened politely for several minutes while standing there holding the towel in place with one hand. She quickly came to the point in her pitch when she would have asked to come in and show me some of the product she was selling. At that point she stopped and said perhaps she could come back at a later time. I said that would be fine, she never did come back.

Now I don't normally answer the door in a towel but this might not be a bad idea if it limits sales persons.

Here's another one. I have recently moved into my own home out in the woods. I had finished putting up a privacy fence in the backyard and was relaxing nude out back when one of the neighbors from down the road stopped in. My son answered the door and I guess he didn't know I was nude out back because he let the neighbor come in and before I knew it he was right there at the back of the house. Well as nonchalant as I could I wrapped the towel around me and introduced myself. We had a 15 minute conversation never explained my nudity just went on like nothing happened. We see each other about once a week but now with the winter weather upon us the chances of me being nude outside are very low. One of these days I may have to have a conversation about it but I think it can wait a while.

"The best dress for walking is nakedness." Colin Fletcher

Edited by - NudeAl on 11/18/2006 11:11:06 AM

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 11/19/2006 :  8:40:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sure if I already posted this but....

It wasn't the front door but the garage door that I was exposed nude to a neighbor.

Just after I installed the outdoor shower in our backyard, I began taking all my showers out there. After working in the yard, the Prof brought out a towel for me and I was walking back into the garage when the neighbor from down the street came over to ask me a question. I didn't realize that the garage door was open and I walked into the garage toweling my hair off and was exposed to him as I walked into the garage.

He turned away after he saw me but didn't leave. We stood there talking as I held the towel in front of me, then arranging it to wrap around me and secure it. He avoided me for quite sometime after this episode but has returned just the other day and helped me with a water leak in the front yard. It was as though nothing ever happened. I'm hoping to address this episode with him in the near future as well.

Not exactly the front door but almost like it on a much larger scale!

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 11/20/2006 :  4:53:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Of course it all comes down to common sense. Our family is nude pretty much 100% of the time when we are in our home. Does that mean we answer the door nude 100% of the time? Of course not. 95% maybe! Would my husband work naked in the garage with the garage door open to the public street? Probably not. But he works out in the garage nude, with the door closed all the time! There have been a few occasions where someone has knocked on our door asking if we have seen a lost dog or something like that. In cases like that my husband will grab a pair of shorts( that are always hang on the doorknob of the door) and put them on real quick before opening the door. We all keep a quick cover-up by the front door, for situations like putting the trash on the curb or checking the mailbox. When we ask one of our girls to take the trash out..they have to put a wrap or cover up on to go in the front yard. All of our immediate neighbors know we are nudists..but we still use discresion. Most everyone I can think of that would come to our house, knows we will be naked when they get there and is fine with it.

Jenn

Edited by - allnaturalwife on 12/08/2006 3:10:16 PM

tgg
Forum Member

Posted - 11/30/2006 :  6:44:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit tgg's Homepage  Send tgg an ICQ Message  Click to see tgg's MSN Messenger address  Send tgg a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sueallday

I'm wondering if other people have ask themselves this question. If your home in the nude and someone comes to your door have you thought about or have you just answered the door in the nude? I'm thinking if you live in a private home, people coming to your door are on your property and if you answer the door in the nude they invaded your private property. I don't believe this would hold true for those who live in apartments. Just wondering!

I don't go around my house in the nude, so that would be very unlikely.

However, if I was to have my own house, I would put a sign on the door stating it is a nudist household and that if unsolicited people (e.g. Jehovah's Witnesses or Mormons) come in they will have to expect to be greeted by a naked guy! ;-)

'Fear wraps our bodies in clothing, love allows us to stand naked' - Neale Donald Walsch (Conversations With God 1)

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 11/30/2006 :  7:07:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess the obvious question here is to tgg..Why in the heck dont you go nude at home?

tgg
Forum Member

Posted - 11/30/2006 :  7:30:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit tgg's Homepage  Send tgg an ICQ Message  Click to see tgg's MSN Messenger address  Send tgg a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I live with my family, and they aren't nude friendly.

'Fear wraps our bodies in clothing, love allows us to stand naked' - Neale Donald Walsch (Conversations With God 1)

constanceg58
Forum Member

Posted - 12/01/2006 :  01:09:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are nude whenever possible at home, but we do not and would not answer the door nude unless we knew who it was and that it was ok with them. But---sigh---wouldn't it be wonderful to live in a world where you could?

constanceg58
Forum Member

Posted - 12/01/2006 :  01:10:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are nude whenever possible at home, but we do not and would not answer the door nude unless we knew who it was and that it was ok with them. But---sigh---wouldn't it be wonderful to live in a world where you could?
Conni

guanche

Posted - 12/01/2006 :  07:38:15 AM  Show Profile  Click to see guanche's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have allway done it nude, because allways so.

nude_dude_runner
Forum Member

Posted - 12/08/2006 :  2:36:51 PM  Show Profile  Send nude_dude_runner a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Here is a link for a quick view of state laws.

http://www.nudistlaw.com/state_laws.htm

As you can see, there is quite a difference in wording between jurisditions. Many are rather vague and are probably that way on purpose.

If those opposed to nudity can keep it confusing, they can scare most of us into conformity with their ideals. Being tested in a court of law it may become more difficult to prove that merely answering your door was lewd. While we may be legally within our rights to be nude while answering the door, not many of us have the time or the funds for a legal battle.

Take the time and contact your local police department and ask what the local law is and how it is enforced.

NDR

Edited by - nude_dude_runner on 12/08/2006 2:37:17 PM

Page: of 18 Previous Topic: The Brits Are Doing Things Correctly Topic Next Topic: Skinny Dippers in Trouble  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.32 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved