Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 445 ]  [ Total: 445 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Nudity in Movies and TV
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Marx Brothers Topic Next Topic: Help Skinbook to be relaunched
Page: of 5

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 06/18/2006 :  10:58:58 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The Travel Channel, as well as most of the educational channels have been airing hour-long documentaries on some of the so called “primitive” tribes that still exist in some of the more remote locations. Tribes that despite attempts by the “moral minority” to force their mores on ‘em still go about their daily lives “dressed” as they have for countless generations.

Herman

Edited by - Moderator on 06/19/2006 09:36:32 AM

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 09/16/2014 :  01:21:48 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I happened to think of another TV show that shows nudity in an acceptable light. Petticoat Junciton. Where the three sisters are skinny dipping in the water tower.

Live Long and Prosper
Herman

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 09/16/2014 :  09:59:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There was an episode of Three's Company where a nearby beach had unofficially gone nude, so Janet and Mrs. Roper went to check it out and partake.

Another episode the gang played strip poker and both Larry and Jack ended up completely naked. Larry walked back upstairs to his apartment with a box around him to cover up, while the women he was with were wearing just towels. Jack came out covering his front and back with couch pillows.

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 09/16/2014 :  10:00:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In a negative light though, on the tv show Friends, they had "ugly naked guy" who lived nearby and they could see from their apartment.

Seinfeld had an episode where Jerry dated a woman that preferred to be naked. But he got tired of seeing her naked all the time. At the same time, he started getting naked and she didn't think it was attractive, hence the terms "good naked" and "bad naked" were used.

Edited by - rooftopwilly on 09/16/2014 10:02:30 AM

nudewalker
Forum Member

Posted - 09/16/2014 :  10:27:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Then there was the "Friends" episode where Phoebe said that being alone in the apartment is "naked" time. When the gang left town Jenifer Aniston was left behind and walked around the apartment naked.

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 09/16/2014 :  10:27:43 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rooftopwilly

There was an episode of Three's Company where a nearby beach had unofficially gone nude, so Janet and Mrs. Roper went to check it out and partake.

Another episode the gang played strip poker and both Larry and Jack ended up completely naked. Larry walked back upstairs to his apartment with a box around him to cover up, while the women he was with were wearing just towels. Jack came out covering his front and back with couch pillows.

I remember the "nude" beach ep of Threes Company, I don't really remember the strip poker ep. But Jack using pillows sounds like something that he'd do.

Live Long and Prosper
Herman

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 09/16/2014 :  10:30:23 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

In a negative light though, on the tv show Friends, they had "ugly naked guy" who lived nearby and they could see from their apartment.

True, but there was a later ep where Ross was looking for a new apartment and through the grapevine they'd learn that "ugly naked guy" was moving. In order to help "stand out" from the crowd, Ross visited him, and went nude himself.

quote:
Seinfeld had an episode where Jerry dated a woman that preferred to be naked. But he got tired of seeing her naked all the time. At the same time, he started getting naked and she didn't think it was attractive, hence the terms "good naked" and "bad naked" were used.

I remember that ep well. Sadly, they made Jerry's actions very ape like while he was nude. Very sad, as all naked/nude should be good.

Live Long and Prosper
Herman

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 09/16/2014 :  10:44:30 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nudewalker

Then there was the “Friends” episode where Phoebe said that being alone in the apartment is “naked” time. When the gang left town Jenifer Aniston was left behind and walked around the apartment naked.

I would say that that ep was a mixed blessing ep. Yes, Phoebe explained to Rachel that part of the reason it would take her so long to answer the door is because she needs to cover up. And when Monica went out of town (I don’t know who else had gone out of town) Rachel took advantage and had taken off her clothes and was enjoying the freedom of going around the apartment nude. HOWEVER, Ross was at home across the street. And he misinterpreted her nudity as an invitation that she wanted to have sex with him.

As she “knew” that he was home, and that that was the “only” reason that she’d go naked in the apartment. Which of course resulted in him “rushing” over to join her.

It was also kind of comical the way she was exaggerating doing normal everyday things in the nude.

Live Long and Prosper
Herman

nudewalker
Forum Member

Posted - 09/16/2014 :  11:03:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Herman! I knew there was more to the episode but at this advanced age it slipped my mind. And now I recall Ross rushing over also; only adding to the idea that nudity equals sex at least in the male mind. And everyone else left town to see Joey in Las Vegas I think.

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 09/16/2014 :  11:13:42 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nudewalker

Thanks Herman! I knew there was more to the episode but at this advanced age it slipped my mind. And now I recall Ross rushing over also; only adding to the idea that nudity equals sex at least in the male mind. And everyone else left town to see Joey in Las Vegas I think.

You’re welcome; overall I’d say that it was a pretty good ep. Ross and his reaction aside.

It’d be nice if they hadn’t played up the nudity/sex angle and had just allowed Rachel to go nude at home without anyone paying her any mind as she wasn’t doing anything alone and nude that she hadn’t done dressed and with Rachel in the apartment.

The whole Ross angle ruined things, as they had the opportunity to portray nudity in a very positive light.

I do recall that Rachel had read Ross “the riot act” for assuming that her going nude was an invitation to him to come over for sex. That was a good thing, and hopefully Ross learned that nudity doesn’t equal sex. Accept in his mind.

Live Long and Prosper
Herman

Edited by - Digital_Cowboy on 09/16/2014 11:53:41 AM

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 09/16/2014 :  11:31:39 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Something that I’d really like to see happen is one of the following:

One 20/20, Dateline, 60 Minutes, etc. doing a story on not just nudism but nudity in the USA. And doing so WITHOUT blurring anything out, treat it in a mature and honest manner.

And that when it come to TV shows or movies that already depict nudity such as the aforementioned Schindler’s List that they show the nudity without blurring anything out. I mean they do so over in Europe and nothing bad has happened. So why can’t we do the same here?

I know that at least here in the Tampa Bay Area that the local news media has done stories on the local nudist/clothing optional resorts. Sadly, usually by either blurring out bits and pieces or by “strategic” placement of people behind objects to block out the “important” or “offensive” bits, or by having them “totally” submerged in the pool(s) so as to block them from the neck down. It is high time that nudity was shown the respect that it deserves and not be treated as something just to get ratings.

Live Long and Prosper
Herman

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 09/16/2014 :  11:53:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I stopped watching friends after Seinfeld ended, so I didn't see those other episodes. I realized that I only liked the show because I was waiting for Seinfeld.

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 09/17/2014 :  11:17:38 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Just to let y'all know. Apparently tonight on ET. They're going to be covering a naked wedding.

Live Long and Prosper
Herman

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 09/17/2014 :  11:24:56 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I stopped watching friends after Seinfeld ended, so I didn’t see those other episodes. I realized that I only liked the show because I was waiting for Seinfeld.

I can understand that. A little known fact that probably a lot of people didn’t realize is that Seinfield, Friends and Mad About You, were all connected.

Krammer from Seinfield sublet his apartment from Paul Riser’s “Mad About You” character. And Phoebe’s twin sister Ursula was Paul and Helen’s waitress on “Mad About You.”

And on occasion the characters would show up on one of the other shows.

Edited by - Digital_Cowboy on 09/17/2014 11:28:29 AM

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 09/17/2014 :  12:15:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do remember the Phoebe/Ursula connection, but didn't know the Kramer/Paul Reiser connection.

Page: of 5 Previous Topic: Marx Brothers Topic Next Topic: Help Skinbook to be relaunched  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.22 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved