Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 152 ]  [ Total: 152 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Wilderness Destinations and Trip Reports
 Camping & backpacking wilderness areas
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: North Carolina Topic Next Topic: Ocala National Forest
Page: of 3

OcalaFree

Posted - 07/16/2006 :  4:05:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm looking for every great spot for nude camping, backpacking, skinny-dipping anywhere on the globe. NOT day-use only ocean beaches--there's plenty of rsources for them. Instead, the wilderness campsites, backcountry trails, streams, creeks, ponds,lakes, old rope swings, hot springs, ... and ocea beaches with overnight camping--all where clothes are optional or "unusual."

Marty
OcalaFree@GMail.com

Paul1011
Forum Member

Posted - 07/17/2006 :  3:54:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One of my favorites is Sykes Hot Spring in the Ventana Wilderness on the Big Sur coastline. You cannot hike there nude but you can be nude once you get there.

Paul1011

Nuderthanthou
Forum Member

Posted - 07/17/2006 :  10:26:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Nuderthanthou an AOL message  Send Nuderthanthou a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
You might enjoy Valley View Hot Springs in Colorado. You will find Orient Land Trust's site at http://www.olt.org.

I've camped, hiked, and soaked there for many years. I highly recommend it!

nude2
Forum Member

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  4:13:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anybody know of areas that you can going nude hiking or camping in the Virginia area?

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  6:12:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nude2

Anybody know of areas that you can going nude hiking or camping in the Virginia area?

Depends on exactly where in VA you are located. Avalon in the Paw Paw, WV area has some trails as does White Tail in the Ivor, VA area. You might want to contact one of the nonlanded clubs in that area as they may have some activities such as these.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

nude2
Forum Member

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  9:50:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cheri

quote:
Originally posted by nude2

Anybody know of areas that you can go nude hiking or camping in the Virginia area?

Depends on exactly where in VA you are located. Avalon in the Paw Paw, WV area has some trails as does White Tail in the Ivor, VA area. You might want to contact one of the nonlanded clubs in that area as they may have some activities such as these.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Cheri, I'm in the Hampton Roads area and I recently joined the social nudity world. My first social nudist visit was to White Tail Park. The people were really friendly and very helpful with my first visit to a nudist resort. I really enjopyed myself and look forward to other destinations. But I don't recall any hiking areas. I'll make sure to ask on my next visit. I'll make a trip to Avalon soon. Thanks again for the tip.

Forum Member

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  11:26:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nude2, They may just be walking trails rather than actually real hiking trails.

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 09/09/2006 :  12:59:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try Northern Idaho, in the Church Wilderness along the river there are plenty of hotsprings and as it is a wilderness area no motorized vehicles are allowed. Once you are a safe distence from the trail head it is fairly safe to go nude. You could also hire a river guide and do it the easy way.

"The best dress for walking is nakedness." Colin Fletcher

explorenorth

Posted - 09/09/2006 :  07:11:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit explorenorth's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The area between Skagway, Alaska and Carcross, Yukon is great for nudists who enjoy the wilderness. The season is short, but there are lots of lakes and it's very easy to get above treeline for superb alpine hiking. http://www.yukonalaska.com/nudehiking/ will give you a bit of an idea what it's like.

Murray

yogaman

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  1:49:14 PM  Show Profile  Send yogaman an AOL message  Send yogaman a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I've been a nudist about 8 months, mostly frequenting a local beach: San Onofre. However, I've wanted to do nude hiking for some time. I'm fairly new to freehiking/nude hiking though. Since I live in southern CA, and due to the high chance of meeting people just about anywhere, including hiking trails, I wonder if there are places close by where freehiking is possible with the low probability of seeing others. Just about every trail I've tried I always run into someone. Anybody have any ideas?

Also, I'm interested in this as well since my wife is not enthusiastic about naturism (at least not yet). This may be one way for her to participate with me.

Thanks,

yogaman

CopperQuail
Forum Member

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  8:08:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try staying at De Anza Springs and you'll have miles and miles of areas in which to hike. It backs up to the De Anza Desert State Park.

yogaman

Posted - 01/18/2007 :  10:32:11 AM  Show Profile  Send yogaman an AOL message  Send yogaman a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks CopperQuail. I should have mentioned that I've been to DeAnza. However, I'm wanting my wife to go with me. The problem is, you have to go inside the resort to get to the trail. She's tolerant of my naturist activities, and perhaps might even do it with me if we're alone, but she's not ready to go inside a resort yet. She doesn't want to be seen or see others nude. As you can see, I've got quite a ways to go with her. Is there another way to get to the same trail, but not going thru DeAnza Resort. Sorry for having to make this complicated. I'm just trying to get her interested by doing things we naturally like to do together, like hiking.

yogaman

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  2:04:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try camping in remote areas and try doing it durring the middle of the week when campgrounds are less crowded. Buy yourself some good hiking guide books and guide books to camping look for any mention of skinny dipping. You might try a trip up to Deep Creek hotsprings. I have hiked many miles nude there and also enjoyed many soaks in the natural hotsprings. It is in the San Bernadino National forest near the little town of Hesperia Ca. Try desrt camping head out to the Anza Borrego desert state park. Try my own favorite place Nude Wash it is just off the Hwy but very easy to be nude there rugged terrain though. Just a few ideas hope you find what yo like you can remote camp just about anywhere might head futher out try looking up some remote hotsprings nudity may be tolerated there.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep. -- Robert Frost

Pete Knight
Forum Member

Posted - 02/26/2007 :  12:31:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi
If you have ever been considering a vacation in New Zealand, let me advise you to stop thinking and DO IT!!! I've had the most fantastic 30 days in New Zealand, visiting nudist clubs and backpackers hostels (Plenty of motels if you like your luxury!).

I'm currently in Australia having spent some time in Sydney I visited http://www.riverisland.com.au/ and am now in Canberra, just in case you were wondering where I'd gone!!!

Pete Knight

I_fix_E911_stuff

Posted - 01/17/2008 :  09:58:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit I_fix_E911_stuff's Homepage  Send I_fix_E911_stuff a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Man, I just joined this site - really want to hike more than sunbathe on a beach. When the warm weather get here, I'm going to be looking for places in GA/FL/TN/NC/SC/AL/VA etc. for weekend hike getaways.

Wish I'd found this place some time ago.

I may make you FEEL, but I can't make you THINK.

D-TX
Forum Member

Posted - 01/17/2008 :  12:27:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by I_fix_E911_stuff

Man, I just joined this site - really want to hike more than sunbathe on a beach. When the warm weather get here, I'm going to be looking for places in GA/FL/TN/NC/SC/AL/VA etc. for weekend hike getaways.

Wish I'd found this place some time ago.

I may make you FEEL, but I can't make you THINK.

Are you looking for places that are official nudist locations, or places like parks? If you're looking for parks to do your nude hiking, then mid-week would probably be better to avoid clothed park visitors.

Take Care & Hike Bare,
David

"Gosh that takes me back ... or is it forward? That's the trouble with time travel, you never can tell." - 4th Doctor in the Doctor Who story "ANDROIDS OF TARA"

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: North Carolina Topic Next Topic: Ocala National Forest  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.32 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved