Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 207 ]  [ Total: 207 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Clothing Optional Hot Springs
 Clothing Optional Hot Springs - Colorado
Previous Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Arizona (Ringbolt Rapids) Hot Springs Topic Next Topic: Carson City ,NV
Page: of 2

djscott_author

Posted - 08/08/2006 :  10:02:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and I are thinking about spending a couple of days at Valley View Hot Springs in Colorado on our upcoming vacation. We will be tent camping and we are wondering what the campground is like and how it compares to other camping in the area.

Photoflash

Posted - 01/04/2007 :  10:59:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Photoflash a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lablvr87

The Well's new web site is www.dakotahotsprings.com.
membership costs and info are available there.

Looks like a fairly quiet forum, but I'll put in my two cents worth anyway.

I "discovered" The Well about 10 yrs ago. I visit Colorado several times a year and asked if anyone knew of any hot springs. I was told about the Well and went there. At the time it was pretty run down, but still a pleasant experience.

There has been new ownership and management in the past year or two and they have been steadily making improvements to the place; i.e., some new pool and sidewalk aprons, new furniture, and much cleaner.

Unfortunately, this past Spring, there was a flash flood due to heavy rains and there was some washout of the southeast fence line, as well as a ton literally of mud which poured into the pool. They were shut down for several days while doing some clean up and repairs. The toilet/shower building was almost underminded and that was still looking a bit bad in September when I was there. It is my understanding they plan on building a new shower/toilet facility in the near future.

Current management is friendly, and the place is laid back with very nice, friendly, and "regular" customers.

I make it a point to go there at least once or twice when visiting in Colorado Springs.

Never have tried any of the other natural hot springs in the state, but there have been high recommendations to try the springs at Orvis.

hany_well007

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  08:45:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It’s a great place for soaking

women mean world

durrell

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  4:17:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a more recent update for you on Orvis Hot Springs. They have done a great deal of work to renovate the grounds, and completely rebuilt the building for the indoor pool. It's all very nice. Unfortunately, the indoor pool is now ALWAYS clothing required, as well as in the main building. So the only place nudism is allowed now is the outdoor pools. It used to be nice in the winter to sit by the indoor pool and read out of the cold air, but not any more. The last few times I've gone I have felt like the 'second class citizen'.

tommyjoe
Forum Member

Posted - 02/08/2008 :  9:03:19 PM  Show Profile  Send tommyjoe a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We are planning a trip in July for a family reunion. We will be staying in Estes Park. The reunion is around Denver. I was woundering about any C/O places or hot springs around the Denver area or Estes Park. Can any one help?
Tom

WyldspringNudist
Forum Member

Posted - 03/06/2008 :  10:58:00 PM  Show Profile  Send WyldspringNudist an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The Orient Land Trust is near Denver, kind of... Email them for directions. Their website is easy to find.

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 03/07/2008 :  07:32:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tommyjoe

We are planning a trip in July for a family reunion. We will be staying in Estes Park. The reunion is around Denver. I was woundering about any C/O places or hot springs around the Denver area or Estes Park. Can any one help?
Tom

I must have missed this the first time around. Estes Park is about an hour (maybe 1 1/2 hours) North West of Denver.

I am not aware of anything that is C/O near there. Mountain Air Ranch (AANR) is just outside Denver to the South West. A little further away (1 1/2 hr South West) is Dakota Hot Springs which is C/O except for Tuesdays. As mentioned above, Orient Land Trust/Valley View is also South West of Denver but the furthers away.

The only one I have been to is Dakota Hot Springs for a relaxing day of soak and sun.

I don't know what you are thinking for a schedule but if you could come early or stay late, it would be much easier to visit one of these locations.

lmr2009

Posted - 01/18/2009 :  5:38:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow! No one has been here for awhile but I have tell you that my experience at The Well was wonderful! It was my first experience with nudism and I am hooked! The Well may not be fancy, but it's clean and well run and I will be going back alot!

yakshak2002

Posted - 05/06/2009 :  1:53:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Michelle. Welcome to the world of nude soaking in hot springs. So glad you enjoyed it so much. I would suggest that next you try out Valley View Hot Springs in the north end od the San Louis Valley. There is a web site you may find here in this forum. If you ever come to or thru IDAHO,Let me know,as we have lots of hot springs where nude soaking is accepted.
Hotspringer John

Mombojombo

Posted - 06/22/2009 :  6:16:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've visited many of the listed places to enjoy nudism in Colorado, however, all of them are west of Denver. Any suggestions on where to enjoy naturism east of Denver, or anywhere within in the state east of I-25? Thanks for your help.

Cactus Jack

Posted - 07/12/2009 :  11:31:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There used to be a clothing optional campground down by Lake George.
Cottonwood Hot Springs just west of Buena Vista used to be clothing optional in the winter, but I heard that changed a year or so back.
I am not sure about Mt. Princeton Hot Springs, never been to it.
And there used to be a clothing optional hot spring resort in Moffat/Crestone.

How can people develop wholesome clean thoughts about nudity when they are taught that immorality is ok?
People can only harvest from what is planted.

ColoradoGuy

Posted - 06/04/2012 :  12:26:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We went to Dakota Hot Springs today. Spent the afternoon, really pleasant. Several people were there with their campers. We just drove up from Pueblo. This was the second time we had been there, going back soon.

Colorado Guy

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Arizona (Ringbolt Rapids) Hot Springs Topic Next Topic: Carson City ,NV  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 1.49 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved