Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 233 ]  [ Total: 233 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Conduct and Etiquette
 Nudism - Supporting Family Values / Mental Health
 Going to a nude beach with kids
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Parents concern for a 17 year old. Topic Next Topic: Tween (pre-teen daughter) questions !!
Page: of 3

Paulus

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  2:49:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I’m new to this group but not new to nudism. A few years ago I discovered the beauty of going to a nude beach. I always dreamt of going to a nude beach, but the environment I grew in wouldn’t allow it. Finally when I moved away from my hometown to sunny California, I was lucky to live next to the ocean, and just a few minutes away from a nude beach. Married, with no kids, I first went few times to beach by myself, and enjoyed every second of it. I tried to convince my wife to come with me to the nude beach, but she refused. Then, we went on a vacation to Hawaii, and we visited a local nude beach there. I off coarse went nude but my wife didn’t. However, after that experience she was more open to the idea. A few days later we went to the same beach, and this time she found the courage and went topless, and she really had fun that day. A few months later, we went on another vacation, this time to Florida, and there, again we visited the local nude beach, and she went topless again, while I was nude.
When we came back from this vacation, she agreed to go with me to the local nude beach that was close to our house. After a couple of times there, she discovered the beauty of being totally nude on the beach and we went there every other week, and enjoyed being nude. Then we had our first child, and we took our son to the beach with us when he was less than a year old. Unfortunately, we had to move to the Midwest, far away from nude beaches. Now our son is 4 years old, and we miss the nude beach experience. The only place we can go nude is in a resort hundreds miles away. But this the problem is that we are afraid that our son, who is talking now, will tell everybody about the “nude experience”, especially his friends (and their parents), his teachers, and everyone else. My wife is a teacher, and we are afraid that it could affect her job. Any suggestions?

ggwydion
Forum Member

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  5:31:20 PM  Show Profile  Send ggwydion an AOL message  Reply with Quote
In my experence I have found that children will talk. With anyone! If family nudism is something that you and you wife plan on doing than you are going to have to deal with your child talking with inappropeate people about it. Child nudity is not a bad thing and it is not illeagle in the proper setting. Beyond taking the proper safty percausions for the sake of the boy I would just take your son along and have a good vacation. Though mabey you should prepare some inforamation to give to the adults who learn about the trip and have understandable questions. I am sure that folks on the forum could help you track down approperate info. Mabey the AANR site has some good inforatation. Good luck.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 09/02/2006 :  09:18:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
AANR as well as TNS has good literature. If you tell folks ahead of time that you prefer to skinny dip rather than sitting around in a soggy wet, often sandy, swimsuit, you can't be blackmailed as you've let them know but do have the literature with you when you tell them. "Enjoy Life Naturally" is a good brochure. I know one famly who made an appointment with their child's school principal and told how the family relaxes and also cited Marilyn Story's journal articles as proof of the positive outcomes of nudism on children. I'm a state employee and after a month or so, everyone knew I was a skinny dipper. I use that term rather than nudist as it doesn't have the connotation associated with it for some.

Regards, Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

ggwydion
Forum Member

Posted - 09/02/2006 :  5:06:26 PM  Show Profile  Send ggwydion an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Our society should not have sick minded people who see evil in any situation that they do not approve of. And there should not be over zealious social workers who steal our kids and principles who make our lives hell for our beliefs or pedophiles. Your right, there shoulden't be but this does not change the fact that there are, and a little preperation on our part could go a long way to making things easyer down the road. One can never be too careful.

jim19452
Forum Member

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  09:03:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit jim19452's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Paulus, I am inclined to think you and your wife should read up on the subject - as Cheri suggests - and make it clear to those of authority what you are planning to do, find out if they object and overcome the objections. Perhaps much easier to say than do.

Slowly governments are moving to positions that all property is property of the State, all wealth is property of the State, and all children are property of the State.

Best Wishes, Jim

JeepNaked

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  01:06:15 AM  Show Profile  Send JeepNaked a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I guess there are several approaches.. but know this for sure. Nudists make WAY more of "what happens if others find out" than non-nudists do. Most people don't care if you're a nudist. This isn't a theory, but has been my experience.

My family.. we're opening nudists. We never found it beneficial to us in our short years, to accumulate friends that we don't have similar interests with, or that judge us to the point of us not being honest and therefore us not being ourselves. What really changed things was when we bought some property and didn't want to have to 'go running' when someone showed up. So we told our friends and family to call ahead or they may see some flesh.. most thought running around in a rural area wasn't all that weird and its never been issue.

My experience is that my kids never talked about nudity, etc.. it wasn't that big of a deal to them. It was a family thing.. Even know with us being open, its not really a 'kid topic'.

Where are ya at in the Midwest? I'm in the St. Louis area..

HarborGuy
Forum Member

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  08:11:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit HarborGuy's Homepage  Send HarborGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My kids were between 11 and 14 when we started home nudism.

For those who don't know we started because my daughter was changing cloths like three or four time a day. She was twelve and getting into the stage where she was becoming a fashion queen.

Anyway she would try on one outfit and if she didn't like it she would toss it on the floor even if it wasn't dirty. Of course once on the floor in her eyes they were then filthy.

Anyway I was doing laundry almost every day and I finally put a stop to it by making the rule that no clothes were allowed inside the house... Period.

About two weeks later and totally unexpectantly my older son came up to me and asked if his friends could come in.

I was thinking at that time that perhaps we should make an exception and get dressed so that his friends could come in. I figured kids need to be able to have friends over.

Then he told me that his friends wanted to come in that they knew we go nude inside the house and were cool with it.

I of course told him to tell his friends to get permission from their parents and the next thing I knew my phone was ringing. It was the friends mother. (They were brothers)

The mother told me that it was absolutely ok with her if her boys came in and that her family wasn't nudist, but never worried about how dressed or undressed they were at home.

After about a month suddenly all my kids closest friends would come over. All with parents permission of course.

My point being that they may talk about going nude to their friends and all, but you may aslo find that nudism is more accepted than you think.

On the other hand we did have a couple parents who cause us some problems, but for the most part we were fine.

You have a right to raise your kids the way you feel is healthiest for them. (Depending on your local laws and I would call AANR to find out what they are.) 1(800)TRY-NUDE

You will find that raising your kids as nudist makes them very mature and more accepting of people's physical differences. My kids tend not to judge people on how people look. Shamefully not like I did at their age.

Now I have four beautiful grandchildren and all are being raised as naturists/naturalists.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  08:21:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
written by HarbourGuy:
You have a right to raise your kids the way you feel is healthiest for them. (Depending on your local laws and I would call AANR to find out what they are.) 1(800)TRY-NUDE
=================================
You can find the US states' and Canada's provinces laws at The Naturist Society's NAC pages at
http://nac.oshkosh.net/StatesProvincesTerritories/states.html

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Edited by - Cheri on 09/06/2006 08:24:56 AM

ranul
Forum Member

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  6:59:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HarborGuy

For those who don't know we started because my daughter was changing cloths like three or four time a day. She was twelve and getting into the stage where she was becoming a fashion queen.

Anyway she would try on one outfit and if she didn't like it she would toss it on the floor even if it wasn't dirty. Of course once on the floor in her eyes they were then filthy.

Anyway I was doing laundry almost every day and I finally put a stop to it by making the rule that no clothes were allowed inside the house... Period.

About two weeks later and totally unexpectantly my older son came up to me and asked if his friends could come in.

I was thinking at that time that perhaps we should make an exception and get dressed so that his friends could come in. I figured kids need to be able to have friends over.

Then he told me that his friends wanted to come in that they knew we go nude inside the house and were cool with it.

I of course told him to tell his friends to get permission from their parents and the next thing I knew my phone was ringing. It was the friends mother. (They were brothers)

The mother told me that it was absolutely ok with her if her boys came in and that her family wasn't nudist, but never worried about how dressed or undressed they were at home.

After about a month suddenly all my kids closest friends would come over. All with parents permission of course.

My point being that they may talk about going nude to their friends and all, but you may aslo find that nudism is more accepted than you think.

On the other hand we did have a couple parents who cause us some problems, but for the most part we were fine.

You will find that raising your kids as nudist makes them very mature and more accepting of people's physical differences. My kids tend not to judge people on how people look. Shamefully not like I did at their age.

Now I have four beautiful grandchildren and all are being raised as naturists/naturalists.

i don't know about the rule of no clothes in the house period . I would have done something more like either keep your first outfit on or nothing at all to my daughter

nudeguy
Forum Member

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  11:46:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HarborGuy

At that age, most kids have grown enough to reach the controls on the washer and dryer to do their own "filthy" laundry.

HarborGuy
Forum Member

Posted - 09/07/2006 :  10:49:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit HarborGuy's Homepage  Send HarborGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My kids? Do housework? You crazy? The only ON button they knew how to work was the TV, Computer, video games and of course the microwave.

I remember when my youngest son had to do dishes I found him rinsing the dishes and putting them away under the other clean dishes and we had a dish washer. I made him wash every single dish in the house by hand one at a time in the sink.

But the rule of having no clothes on in the house worked. The house stayed cleaner. It really did and there was way less laundry. And to be honest the kids really enjoyed living that way. I think it made them feel different as a family in a good way.

They never told me, but I think it made them popular in school.

Paul1011
Forum Member

Posted - 09/08/2006 :  08:39:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Paulus, you have posed a common concern that many nudist families struggle with. There is no easy answer. We have 2 children that are 12 years apart. Our oldest told everyone he came in contact with about being naked. Our daughter, now 7, is very casual about it and does not feel the need to talk about it contstantly. I think you need to assess your child's capacity for talking and expressing.

We have never tried to ask our children to keep it a secret because this puts them in an terrible position. We have explained that not all people think being naked is good so we don't really talk about it because we don't want to make others upset.

I do think you should expect your child to tell some people about your families nude recreation. Most likely he will tell grandparents, teachers, people at church, etc... When this happened to us we just said "yes, we sometimes go to a great place where people have fun and relax without cloths." We have basically decided that it is not a big deal and that we would rather be honest about it than to try and hide it.

Paul1011

Lakecitykid
Forum Member

Posted - 09/23/2006 :  1:20:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is an amusing incedent that took place on Haulover Beach in Miami when I was last there.

A friend and I had went to the beach early so we could beat the high parking fee after 9AM. We took a spot near the lifeguard stand and lay ther until about noon. As we were getting ready to leave,two women,fully clothed,came down past us and they ahd two young boys with them. The one boy was maybe eleven or twelve and he seemed to be mad that he was drug to a plce with a lot of nuded people.He kept his eyes on his feet as he scuffed his feet in the sand in dicust! The other boy,maybe seven or eight,was all eyes and he ws looking around with a big smile and he told his one of the women," Mommy,these women got no clothes on!" She just laughed and told him he was imaginging things and he again,a bit louder said," But Mommy,These women got no clothes one for real!" She laughed and as we walked away,she and her friend undressed and so did the smaller of the two boys and he ran to join some other children at the waters edge.
the one boy I guess wasnt old enought o have the hangups on seeing an older person nude that his brother did and he had fun playing nude in the surf I bet

We have met the enemy,and they is us!

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 09/25/2006 :  2:22:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I raised all three of my daughters completley immersed in nudism. My 16 yr old works at a nudist club. We are nude at home,on the weekends and vacation nude. From a young age we have told our daughters that everyone isnt lucky enough to be able to be naked as much as we are. They know who is and isnt nude friendly. They have all adapted a keen sense of people and who to tell and who not to. For example their teachers at school do not need to know anymore than any kids teacher needs to know anything about their personal life. At a young age we told our girls this" everyone isnt lucky enough to be naked all the time. so we dont want to make anyone feel bad that they cant be like us"... That worked until they got old enugh to explain in more detail. Currently my daughters have more nudist friends than most adults I know. Furthermore they even are active in getting other teens into nudism. They are VERY good now at reading people,and can tell if someone would be open to the idea. A skill you develop over the years in growng up a nudist. I would venture to say all children are nudists from birth until someone misguides them different.

Jenn

HG8Harrier
Forum Member

Posted - 09/25/2006 :  3:26:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit HG8Harrier's Homepage  Send HG8Harrier an AOL message  Send HG8Harrier a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nudeguy,

Are you serious about kids knowing how to do their own laundry at 11? My mom forced me to do my own laundry when I turned sixteen (if I was old enough to drive a car, I was old enough to do my own laundry). When I went off to school, I realized that most kids were utterly hopeless, oversoaping the washers, mixing whites and colors (or colors that tend to run), and overloading the driers in such a way that many of the clothes would take two or three cycles to dry. Not only do most 11 yr olds lack the know-how or will to do their own laundry, most 18 year olds do as well.

AllNaturalWife is right. Being clothed is a preference acquired from years of conditioning. As a closet and primarily at-home nudist, I am trying to de-condition myself and know that I will not make the mistake of raising my children as clothing compulsives.

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 09/25/2006 :  3:56:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I Dont make my daughters do their own laundry. I just do the laundry for our whole household. Its easier that way. My 2 daughters that still live at home,get good grades and both have part time jobs. I dont mind doing their laundry.
HG--you shouldnt have too difficult a time "re-conditioning yourself" as you are just returning to the natural correct way of thinking anyway.

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Parents concern for a 17 year old. Topic Next Topic: Tween (pre-teen daughter) questions !!  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.36 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved