Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 163 ]  [ Total: 163 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Organizations
 Youth Programs - Nudist Summer Camp for Child/Teen
 AANR-East Youth Camps Program
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: AANR Youth camp 2009 Topic Next Topic: Creative Loafing article on AANR youth camps
Page: of 2

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 02/01/2003 :  9:10:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
From the AANR-East.com Fall 2002 Communique:

The Future is in Your Hands
By: Bill Williamson, Chair AANR-East Youth Camps Committee

Since my first exposure to the JFANR Camps Program about ten years ago when I carried my granddaughter down to Florida to participate in this program, I have been committed to facilitating the transfer to other regions of these outstanding concepts and heretofore unavailable opportunities for instilling in young nudists the value systems commensurate with social family nudism. During this last decade the JFANR Camps and Leadership Program have evolved and matured with an intense professionally developed curricula and a cadre of dedicated staff volunteers that present these enthusiastic young nudists with a nudist experience unparalleled anywhere in the world today. However until recently, young nudists still had to go to Florida to reap the benefits of this program.

Concurrently with the evolution of the JFANR Youth Program, many of the other nudist "juniors" programs diminished to little more than "babysitting" services for children of those attending annual conventions. As with most creative concepts, the extension of these innovations beyond the Florida state line has not occurred without the expected resistance from those whose vision is blurred by myopic intransigence and/or those who sometimes selfishly perceive the increased presence of interlopers with a more youthful perspective as threatening to the serene respites they have found in the nudist lifestyle. Even though our national associations have been slow to embrace these concepts, conservative in their funding of these initiatives and even somewhat lethargic in acknowledging the value of retention of youngsters reared as nudists in the nudist lifestyle, the efforts of a committed core of "family oriented" nudists within various clubs and throughout the regions have sustained these principles throughout the sometimes painful birthing process and as a result of their visionary efforts we have now witnessed the successful transfer of this technology to the AANR-East and AANR West Regions in 2002.

Acknowledging the need for an expanded youth program in AANR-East and recognizing the merits of the superb program in JFANR, the AANR-East Leadership has generously subsidized a "scholarship program" allowing several young ESA nudists to participate in the JFANR Juniors Camp, Leadership Academy and AANR Nude U programs for the last two years. However due to the camp schedule and seemingly fluid school terms, many AANR-East youth were still deprived of the chance to participate. Last January, the AANR-East Board authorized the formation of a planning committee to develop a youth program comparable to that of JFANR for the AANR-East. I am truly appreciative of the confidence and support of our AANR-East President Robert Roche in appointing me as the Chair for the AANR-East Youth Camp Committee for 2002-2003.

For the last two years, Mary and I have had the distinct honor and incomparable pleasure of serving as volunteers at the JFANR Camps and Nude U and this year at the inaugural JAANR West Camp and Leadership Academy at DeAnza Springs, CA. As members of the JAANR Committee last year we were able to participate in the annual planning session, and through the absolutely outstanding support of JAANR/JFANR Chair Judy Grisham and her fellow committee members and the generosity of Serendipity Park, we were able to introduce these programs this year to the AANR-East through the JESA Mini-Camp.

Consistent with the ESA tradition for leadership, the inaugural AANR-East Youth Camp was conducted at Serendipity Park on July 19-21. What represented a few small steps by our AANR-East Youth will prove to be a giant leap for the AANR-East in future years. Under the very capable leadership of two AANR Nude U Graduates--Serendipity Park's own Adam Biesterfeld and SWSA Oaklake Trails' Youth Ambassador, Erin Patton this "JESA Mini-Camp" established a new standard of excellence for presentation of the concepts of social family nudism and development of nudist leadership qualities in our AANR-East Youth. With the outstanding assistance of several other AANR-East youth who have attended the JFANR Juniors Camp and/or Leadership Academy, Erin and Adam presented an inspiring repertoire of Nude U workshops and challenging opportunities for the young nudists aged 12 to 25 in attendance. Even some of the adult volunteer counselor trainees were somewhat overwhelmed by the innovative curricula, infectious enthusiasm and awesome caliber of this display of young nudist leadership.

As a culmination of the very intense weekend, a planning session was conducted that will result in the establishment of an annual AANR-East Youth Camp to be held each year the last week of June beginning in 2003 at White Tail Park, VA. The AANR-East Juniors also officially initiated a new AANR-East Youth organization with the election of officers and plans for development of bylaws and procedures. They are hoping to set up a "members only message board" and possibly start an "electronic newsletter" for young nudists in the AANR-East in the near future. Keep watching the Youth section of the AANR-East Website for developments.

This excellent program could not have occurred without the exemplary inter-regional cooperation and support of JAANR Chair, Judy Grisham, Marji McNeely FANR Trustee and the other JFANR Camps' counselors and staff who donated their time and expenses traveling from Florida to Serendipity Park to provide administrative and staff support for this new camp program. Also, Serendipity Park management, a number of their members as well as some from other AANR clubs provided substantial contributions and volunteer support for this effort. We owe a special debt of gratitude to Paul Jones and George Muss of Serendipity Park for their significant donations and unrelenting support of this effort through the past several years.

This is just another example of the outstanding success and the potential far reaching impact of the young nudist ambassadors developing in the AANR Nude U Program. In another article in this issue by Burr Watters, you will find a commentary by one of the Nude U Graduates about his experience as a Counselor at the AANR West Camp this summer. These young adults are exemplary of the type of young nudists that are evolving from this program.

Yes, after a decade of dreams, the new AANR-East Youth Program is finally a reality. With this program in place, the availability of this outstanding Juniors and Leadership Academy curriculum will be available to all AANR-East youth without the inconvenience and expense of having to travel across the country. Since the AANR Nude U for young nudists age 18 to 25 will continue to only be held in conjunction with one regional camp each year on a rotating basis, there will still be need for travel for the young adults. But who knows, someday with the scope and geographic diversity of the AANR-East we may even be able to have two camps during the summer hosted by different clubs where these opportunities will be even more convenient for our young nudists and with the anticipated burgeoning success of these initiatives, there may at some time in the future be multiple sites for Nude U each year.

However, as with any new progeny, for the next few years, the AANR-East Youth Camps Program will require continued nurturing and care until it can become self-sustaining. As nudists, we have an obligation as well as a tremendous opportunity available to us to play an invaluable role in helping our children and our grandchildren to be able to enjoy a lifetime of the benefits such as the enhanced self esteem and self actualization that accrue through participation in wholesome social family nudism. The AANR-East, White Tail Park and a number of dedicated volunteers have already committed to presentation of the first full week AANR-East Youth Camp and Leadership Academy in 2003. We are pleased to announce that Dennis Carroll of Bell Acres-a ten-year veteran of working with the JFANR Camps has agreed to be the AANR-East Camp Director. We now need two additional things to give this program the sustenance it needs to succeed: (1) Volunteers who are willing to spend one of the most enriching weeks of their lives serving as staff and counselors to work with these very talented and enthusiastic young nudists and (2) Young Nudists age 11-25 from throughout the AANR-East to enroll early, come out and enjoy the experience of a lifetime and join the ranks of their peers from around the country that are proud to be recognized as Young Ambassadors for Nude Recreation.

Most of us are parents, and many are grandparents. Given the opportunity, I cannot believe any of us would be so callous as to deprive our descendants of the opportunity to enjoy the lifestyle we cherish. If not, then please join me in evaluating how you can help us make this new AANR-East Youth Program a success through your donations, your volunteer efforts, and through assisting young nudists you know in participating in this life enriching experience. I for one believe it is time we put the "family" back into "social family nudism". This program is an excellent first step. The future is in our hands! This is our opportunity to leave a living legacy of our principles and our beliefs.

Further information concerning the annual AANR-East Youth Camp and Leadership Academy programs and application/registration forms can be obtained by contacting AANR-East Youth CAMP Administrator, P. O. Box 160, Pisgah, AL 35765-0160; e-mail: esa@farmerstel.com or on the AANR-East Website at www.aanr-east.com.

The Nude U Perspective
By: Burr Watters, AANR Nude U Graduate and JAANR West Counselor

Editors Note: This a commentary submitted by one of the multi-year attendees of the JFANR Camps and Leadership Academies who now as a Nude U Graduate is "giving something back" by serving as a Counselor for start-up Youth camps in other regions such the one which will be launched in the AANR-East next year.

I knew an impact had been made when I saw our teens gathering around each other on the last day of JAANR West Camp 2002 wishing that camp was not ending. Over this short week at DeAnza Springs, ten teenagers…no, young men and women…came together to share a unique experience that few people will ever have. It is this week that will bond them together for life.

What makes this camp so different from the rest of the camps? I believe it is because we share a lifestyle that most of us cannot readily share with our family, friends, and neighbors. It is a side of us, our personality, that only nudists can understand. We shed our clothing and reveal who we really are. There is no need of the mischievous or rebellious activities that sometimes occur at textile camps.

All throughout the camp, we run activities that promote teamwork, self-acceptance, self-esteem, healthy body, and leadership. We start with a variety of different icebreakers that are designed to allow the campers to become familiar with each other and the counselors. We then use a series of four workshops that teach the campers about body acceptance, a healthy self-esteem, the morality of nudism, and personal goals and responsibility. Although these workshops form the pillars of the JAANR camps, we also do activities such as water soccer, hiking, volleyball, scavenger hunts, and mini-marathons that help build the foundation for the camp experience.

We also do fun activities. This year we traveled to the nude Black's Beach. Ever been nude in the Pacific? We also created a 20-Foot Banana Split. At the end of the day, we did an activity called Circle of Friends. During this time, a thought provoking question relating to our nudist experience is brought up for discussion. This activity can be most touching when you hear how much nudism and this camp has positively affected our young peoples' lives.

The most intriguing aspect about this camp is that it is very successful with allowing reluctant nudists to become open nudists. At the end of the camp, every one of our campers are comfortable with who they are. They are excited about attending next year and are actively recruiting new campers to share in their experiences. That is the true influence of this camp. As the Dean of Nude U would say, I think they get IT!

spadoc
Forum Member

Posted - 01/18/2004 :  05:51:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Notwithstanding the challenge posed by Delegate Jack Reid's bill in the Virginia House, we are proceeding with plans for the 2004 AANR east Youth Leadership Camp.

If you are an interested parent, or need more information, please visit the AANR east web site at www.aanr-east.com and click on the Youth Programs tab. If you are an interested parent, an AANR member who would like to bring your child(ren) to camp AND volunteer, please e mail me.

ToAsTeD
Forum Member

Posted - 12/23/2006 :  01:37:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by spadoc

Notwithstanding the challenge posed by Delegate Jack Reid's bill in the Virginia House, we are proceeding with plans for the 2004 AANR east Youth Leadership Camp.

If you are an interested parent, or need more information, please visit the AANR east web site at www.aanr-east.com and click on the Youth Programs tab. If you are an interested parent, an AANR member who would like to bring your child(ren) to camp AND volunteer, please e mail me.

Hey spadoc-

I know that this thread hasn't had any posts in over 2 years, but I do have a question on this subject for you or anyone else who may know the answer...

I heard that these "summer camps" have been outlawed in many states (if not all states)...

Is this true?

As a parent, I am just wondering what the "updated" information is...

Thanks!

-ToAsTeD

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 12/23/2006 :  08:54:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not at all. They haven't been outlawed, but I believe in VA, a parent or guardian must be on grounds.

They are already scheduled for this next year.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

ToAsTeD
Forum Member

Posted - 12/23/2006 :  12:48:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the update, Cheri!

Maybe that's what I remembered hearing about most recently... the VA issue... I just don't remember reading about the results...

Having a parent on the grounds makes sense...

-ToAsTeD

spadoc
Forum Member

Posted - 01/01/2007 :  10:04:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not to the kids who want to get away from their parents, LOL. Actually, the kids HATE having their parents around during camp, and since the camps are actually for the kids.....Actually though, the law is still discriminatory toward nudist parents. There is no proviso in any state that the parents must be present during Boy/Girl Scout Camp...religious camp...4 H Camp, etc. Unfortunately, we as a group just don't wield sufficient political clout with the legislatures....support TNS and/or AANR!!! Stand up, be a member and be counted.

Walt

Edited by - spadoc on 01/01/2007 10:07:57 AM

ToAsTeD
Forum Member

Posted - 01/06/2007 :  12:12:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by spadoc

Not to the kids who want to get away from their parents, LOL. Actually, the kids HATE having their parents around during camp, and since the camps are actually for the kids.....Actually though, the law is still discriminatory toward nudist parents. There is no proviso in any state that the parents must be present during Boy/Girl Scout Camp...religious camp...4 H Camp, etc. Unfortunately, we as a group just don't wield sufficient political clout with the legislatures....support TNS and/or AANR!!! Stand up, be a member and be counted.

Walt

Good point Spadoc!

I think that any kid over the age of nine hates to be around his/her parents ANYWHERE!

(Wonder why that is?) Ha Ha...

-ToAsTeD

metzenboy

Posted - 03/16/2007 :  6:11:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi

i would like to visit one of this camps but i dont know how. could you help me?

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 03/17/2007 :  11:05:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by metzenboy

hi

i would like to visit one of this camps but i dont know how. could you help me?

You would have to be a member of an AANR club. You would have to have the money to attend or possibly have your club support you.

Cheri

-
-

USAnudist

Posted - 03/17/2007 :  2:46:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit USAnudist's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

I think that any kid over the age of nine hates to be around his/her parents ANYWHERE!

(Wonder why that is?) Ha Ha...

-ToAsTeD

You might be surprised. I was a counselor for the JFANR camp for 5 years. My own daughters attended, as well as the kids of several other counselors. The whole concept of the camps is for kids to have as much fun as in other summer camps outside the nudist realm. All the counselors took this seriously, and we offered as much fun as we did learning.

I never heard a complaint that the kids didn't want us around because we were constantly providing entertaining activities for them, and having plenty of pool time. The most popular feature of the camp was the Nude Olympics, where the kids teams tried to beat the counselors in events such as water balloon battles, slip & slide distance, obstacle course, and paddle boat races.

Along with the daily fun, we also had educational discussion sessions where the campers often came up with ideas that equaled the counselors. Many of the ideas the kids came up with in the early years of the JFANR camp later were incorporated into the Nude U format now promoted by AANR.

I was able to meet Bill Williamson and spent a lot of time talking with him at the camp he
attended with his Granddaughter. This was the first year we tried out our idea to have Junior Counselors, who had just reached maximum age for attending as a camper. It was a good idea and was a first step toward Nude U.

These camps are a great idea and I hope soon every part of the country can offer it. One of my daughters just mentioned last year how much she enjoyed it, and that was 12 years ago when she attended.

Dan

http://usanudist.com
http://tropicalphoto.us

Naturist Family Network
Forum Member

Posted - 09/10/2007 :  6:09:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Naturist Family Network's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am a little surprsed that this particular thread has not been revived yet.

My daughter attended the AANR East Youth Camp this past July. The camp was well structured and an excellent environment for the age group. It is my opinion that it was better run than most other (non nude) camps. The efforts of AANR and the staff and volunteers is commendable. The teens that attended were incredible well behaved, positive,and self confident.

By all means will my daughter and also my son be attending in 2008.

I beleive that all naturists should help support this program and AANR to keep these and other programs alive

www.naturistfamily.net

Naturist Family Network
Forum Member

Posted - 06/01/2008 :  2:05:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Naturist Family Network's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looking for some help here from anybody that can.

As you all know AANR Youth is future of naturism and is worthy of our support. My wife and I are doing all we can to support the Youth Leadership camps.

How can you help? Well any number of ways including sending your kids

We are looking for a couple of things specifically.......

One is have your local clubs, groups and organizations donate club t-shirts, mugs, towels, etc This is great help for two reasons FIRST you are making great giveaways available to the campers. Secondly you are helping to
advertise that your club or group supports the Youth Leadership program!

Secondly we are actively seeking donations to help fund this program. The expenses include help with travel expenses, scholarships, field trips, and more.

If you can help in either of these ways, please contact me VIA PM and I will give you more information on how you can help.

Please consider helping the AANR youth.... THANKS!!!

*Promoting Family Values*
www.naturistfamily.net

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 06/01/2008 :  4:37:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
NFN, Each year my club's annual auction donates $ to the AANR Education Foundation and earmarks it for the Youth camp. That's one reason I've urged everyone to vote for Judy Grisham as a member Trustee in AANR's elections. She's done so very much to help promote and keep it going.
Cheri

-
http://pages.prodigy/cheridonna

Naturist Family Network
Forum Member

Posted - 06/01/2008 :  4:58:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Naturist Family Network's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Cheri!

We are looking at having a record number of campers this year. As we speak it is looking like 22-24 young people. So every penny counts.

As far as the giveaways, with so many kids we are looking to stockpile as much club items as we can as we can

Thanks
Eric

www.naturistfamily.net

Judy Grisham

Posted - 09/02/2008 :  9:58:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just an FYI,
If anyone wants to donate money for any of the AANR Youth Leadership Programs (the regional youth camps, Nude U, or the Youth Ambassador), please send donations to the AANR Education Foundation, C/O AANR, and please state to have it go towards either one of the programs or the youth programs in general. These funds are then secured in the AANR Foundation and can be drawn upon to be used solely by any of the AANR Youth Programs, at any time. We just raised over $4000 from the Duck Races at the AANR Convention at Turtle Lake Resort, all going into the AANR Education Foundation, earmarked for the youth programs.
Thanks for your support, Cheri.
Judy Grisham

Naturist Family Network
Forum Member

Posted - 09/09/2008 :  1:59:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Naturist Family Network's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just an update on the AANR East Youth camp that was recently held in NY a a bit over a month ago....

It was absolutely out of this world! The ONLY unfortunate thing was that Bill Williamson was ill at the time and unable to attend. We did however call him and Mary several times and all the kids would yell or sing to them. We tried to make it seem like they were there, and let them know how much we missed them.

We had excellent attendance 22 youths aged 11-17 we also had 7 tag along kids younger so we ended up having some of the staff devoted to making sure they had some activity. With staff and Nude U's we fed around 50 three squares a day (how would you like that fod bill?) Everything went off without a hitch. except for the thunder storms that kept us on our toes. I think in all 10 States were represented in the region.

With all the fund raisers that occured at White Tail and on the Naturist Family Network the camp was real close to being totally self funded, without having to tap into AANR reserves.This shows that there are many generous people out there that think enough of the Youth programs to help keep them alive.

I spoke to Bill during the camp and assurred him that there were many to help keep this program alive and growing strong. This fantastic week was certainly proof that it could and SHOULD. These kids are the futire AANR members and will keep things going and growing into the future.

THANK YOU to all those that made it possible. All the volunteers. It could not have been so successful without you. All the great stuff that was donated was used for prizes....so cool!!

We were even fortunate enough to have hosted several of the youth and Walt I. for a couple days after the camp and visited some upstate NY destinations, such as Indian Ladder and The NYS Museum in Albany NY and visited the very moving 911 exibit and much more.

Now again my wife and I will begin planning and promoting he 2009 summer program. We will be working closely with Walt I. members of the Nude U and some others to make the next one bigger and better. This of course will be difficult as we raised the bar so high in '08.

Please....If you are not an AANR member I urge you to become one. Stand up and be counted, and be involved. If you are an AANR member help where you can. I can tell you first hand it is rewarding. And most important of all.....Support your AANR Youh Leadership Programs, Nude U, and Ambassador Programs.....However you do it, just do it. That is the future of AANR. Someday one of those 11-17's will be the next AANR Board member, President, and other leadership Programs.

Regards
Eric
Naturist Family Network

www.naturistfamily.net

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: AANR Youth camp 2009 Topic Next Topic: Creative Loafing article on AANR youth camps  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 2.49 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved