Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 428 ]  [ Total: 428 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Conduct and Etiquette
 Some Behavior Is Not True Nudism...What To Do?
 Do nudist husbands like to show off naked wives?
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Topic Next Topic: People Openly Having Sex On The Beach
Page: of 3

USAnudist

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  11:20:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit USAnudist's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I found this on Yahoo Answers:

quote:
Why are Nudist Husbands willing for other men to see their wives naked?

We all understand that men go to nudist clubs to look at naked women, but why do husbands take their wives there, knowing that other men will look at their naked bodies? Do these men truly "not care" or do they unconsciously get a thrill out of seeing other men looking at their wives? Or is there some other reason altogether?

I replied that I didn't think this was nudist behavior and saw it more as exhibitionism and voyeurism. The author of the question replied that he had been going to nudist clubs over 30 years and had been to a dozen clubs and made his "own observations and have talked with hundreds of other nudist men".

I have been a nudist over 30 years and been to over 30 clubs and I haven't noticed this. We carried the conversation to email and I stuck to my opinion that it is sexual, not typical nudist behavior, while he says men accept other men looking at their wives because:

1 - They are required to have a woman with them to gain admittance
2 - They have been going to nudist clubs so long they are jaded and just don't care who sees their wife
3 - They actually enjoy showing off their wife and it enhances their sex life.

I've never had to take a woman to get access to a club. I haven't become jaded, because nudism has the same effect on me now as it did on my first visit to a club. I think the third option has nothing to do with nudism.

Am I truly clueless or do people really worry about who sees them and their partner at a nudist club?

http://usanudist.com
http://tropicalphoto.us

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  12:55:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are 100% right in your opinions. The person/s who say otherwise are not truly nudists IMHO.
I used to visit Yahoo answers from time to time and add my 2 cents ocassionally.

:) Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Edited by - Cheri on 03/19/2007 12:56:28 PM

Mnstnz
Forum Member

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  1:35:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Mnstnz an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I also agree 100%. Someone is always trying to make nudism something it is not.

Peace and Long life to all

CMx2
Forum Member

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  4:07:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm guessing that this guy sees nudity as a purely sexual state.

Its very possible that the guy who posted this question probably has some fantasy in his head and that he'll be able to "score" with some of these wives and the husbands won't mind since its only a small step from the sexual act of viewing their wives naked.

I'd also be very surprised if this guy had actually been a nudist for 30 years. A swinger maybe, but not a nudist.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  6:12:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I tried finding it at Yahoo answers to add my 2 cents, but gave up.
:) Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  10:18:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When my wife and I were active nudists, I was quite proud of the fact that she stood by my side, as nude and comfortable with it as I was. Many nudists are also proud of how their SO looks when nude; and this is more based on the state of relaxation derived from nudity than aesthetics. This personal gratification is completely different from deriving some satisfaction at other people observing one's SO, which is definitely exhibitionistic and contrary to the nudist philosophy.

Obviously, the Yahoo poster could not tell the difference between the two.

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  10:39:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think CMx2 is on the right track. This person is either a swinger or wants to be.

Bob

asmodee
Forum Member

Posted - 03/20/2007 :  3:11:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a classic case of what is known as 'projection'. This person is seeing in the people around him exactly what he expects to see. He is projecting his reality onto the others around him. When you feel that everyone around you is just like you, anything you think is okay because "everybody does it". Anyone who ever makes a statement that all people of a certain type (in this case, men) are anything (in this case, only interested in nudism for the naked chicks) is deluded, to say the least. He starts his sentence with, "we all know", attempting, right in the beginning, to project his understanding of the matter onto the reader by including the reader in the group which is "in the know". This is (subconsciously) designed to make you doubt what you really know in lieu of this "new truth". Nobody wants to be the one stupid guy who didn't "know", so the first reaction is to blindly agree. Likely, he has no idea he is doing it and would argue tooth and nail that he is correct. Just from reading the posts here and getting to know actual nudists, I can tell you he is most certainly not correct. He probably doesn't even realize that he is a swinger or voyeur and not a nudist at all.

StuffedTiger
Forum Member

Posted - 03/21/2007 :  01:25:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Having performed with my wife on stage in front of hundreds, even thousands of people, doing authentic folk dances in character, I know exactly what it feels like to show off my wife (and myself) for others to see. Music, dance, costumes, presentation all create an atmosphere and feelings that we draw the audience into. It takes hard work to show your partner off on stage in a way that appeals to others.

Never, at any nudist venue, have we ever felt on stage. Never, at any nudist venue, have either one of us ever shown ourselves off for others to see. I know exactly what that feels like. Nudism ain't it.

A performance is nothing like real life. Being costumed from head to feet is an important part of the act, but it is not the act. We go through months of rehearsals without those costumes to get the act down. The twist of a wrist, the way the arm moves out towards the ceiling, a pout, grin or smile all communicate different feelings. It is a thrill to "hit it" and bring down the house. You know when you have an audience and when you don't.

At a nudist venue, we are just ourselves. No act. We do nothing but relax and enjoy ourselves. No show. We have no agenda. We are there to communicate nothing. There is no audience. Nobody expects anything of us. There is no fantasy to respond to, nothing to react to. Everyone just behaves normal.

In fact, where we have gone, there has always been another woman on stage getting all the attention, and that woman has always been Mother Nature. We are very definitely among those in her appreciative audience. We very much enjoy the sensuous feeling of air on our skin, the heat of the sauna soaking into our bones, the gift of sunshine all over our bodies and the water rippling past our arms and legs. It's all good. It's all wholesome and natural. It's what we like about nudism.

As far as I can tell, we are no different than other nudists. How could this person be a nudist and not get that. Is he seriously stupid or is he pushing some agenda with his insipid and transparent fabrications?

pilot
Forum Member

Posted - 03/21/2007 :  9:48:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Show Off" is a synonym for exhibitionism. Not what naturism is about, at least from our perspective.

NakedAmbition
Forum Member

Posted - 03/22/2007 :  2:56:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, with three overnight visits to one camp and about a dozen to another shortly after that, here's what my wife and I have seen since becoming active nudists in 2006: People are very polite, laid back, and make us feel at home during our visits (to the point where we soon became members of that second, more-frequently-visited camp). But the verbal compliments to my wife are enthusiastic and fairly constant during our visits to these camps, to the point where I eventually had to tell myself to simply relax and trust my wife to just smile and shrug them off (which she does). And all this happens without my trying in any way to "show her off".

To be clear, there's very little rudeness and very little in the way of sneaky stuff (like a guy deliberately trying to talk to my wife in a provocative manner while I'm off doing something else), but that stuff happens, too. Again, to be clear, I would say 80% to 85% of our experience at the camps is positive (it's fun, relaxing, we've made great friends, etc, etc.), but this site is doing a disservice to potential nudists if it doesn't communicate the fact that nudists camps aren't by any means sanitized islands of frolicking naked innocence. Just like anywhere else, you're going to meet gentle guys and bawdy guys, reserved women and earthier women, people you'll like and people you'll politely tolerate, etc., etc. The good certainly outweighs the bad, and the bad isn't even all that bad if- again- sites like this prepare you for the actual experience of a camp instead of just pushing the party line that nudists are some sort of different species of human being that would be shocked- shocked!- to learn that one of their own might even consider looking with less than total innocence at another naked body.

By the way, if anyone's wondering, we're a couple in our 40's who are- in my opinion- attractive and in good shape, but I don't think anyone would confuse us with Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.

Edited by - NakedAmbition on 03/22/2007 3:38:46 PM

windowphobe
Forum Member

Posted - 05/27/2007 :  9:05:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit windowphobe's Homepage  Send windowphobe an AOL message  Send windowphobe an ICQ Message  Send windowphobe a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I am single, and expect to remain so more or less indefinitely, but I suspect that the major question here is "Does she object to being on display?" She might be okay doing the gardening in the nude; she might have qualms about big crowds of people she doesn't know yet.

Cookie
Forum Member

Posted - 05/27/2007 :  10:18:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since Mrs. Cookie goes to the gym and works out 3 or 4 times a week, I know she is proud to show off her hard work during the winter months!! I am so proud of who she is and what she has accomplished!!

I certainly don't have to show her off, and after all her hard work, she enjoys being who she is!!

Cookie

thornapplebison
Forum Member

Posted - 05/28/2007 :  10:45:46 PM  Show Profile  Send thornapplebison a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I show off my wife everywhere I go. To the extent that a man's wife and the relationship and love he shares with her is a reflection of the man that he is, she is absolutely the best thing about me. I am ceaselessly proud of her, how she looks and who she is. I am only truly naked without her.

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 05/29/2007 :  4:41:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bison,

YOU DA MAN!

Doc

thornapplebison
Forum Member

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  03:45:24 AM  Show Profile  Send thornapplebison a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Doc.

Got nothing to say, except I am what I am because she is what she is.

She was what she is before, and though I wasn't what I am, I was enough of what I am to see what she was. She was so much of what she is that she could see what I would be.

Yep. Make sense of that!

Page: of 3 Topic Next Topic: People Openly Having Sex On The Beach  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.19 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved