Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 132 ]  [ Total: 132 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 To Bring a Camera Or Not?
 How to take a photo of yourself on the nude beach?
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: How to deal with camera phones on nude beaches ? Topic Next Topic: Great Idea
Page: of 2

skinnydipnj

Posted - 04/12/2007 :  3:16:13 PM  Show Profile  Send skinnydipnj a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hey their fellow nudists... I sometimes venture off to gunnison beach (new jersey) and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of how to get a photo taken of you nude on the beach. I love taking pictures with my digital camera but I don't know how I would manage to take a photo of myself nude on the beach. I love going to gunnison and would really love to capture this moment by taking a photo... Any suggestions???

Email me at skinnydipnj@yahoo.com
or
Message me at (yahoo)
skinnydipnj

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 04/12/2007 :  4:50:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you're a regular of the beach, join the Friends of Gunnison or Philly Nudists and ask one of your new friends to take the photo of you facing away from the ocean.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

StuffedTiger
Forum Member

Posted - 04/12/2007 :  10:57:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw a nice low cost waterproof digital camera lately. Barring that, there are now disposable digital cameras; I hope the shots can be extracted without having to get prints made by someone. There are also low cost, small, flexible tripods you can sit on a rock or backpack. We have used them all over camping and touring. We try not to get strange people in our shots up close. We have never failed to frame what we wanted, even in very tourist laden spots. It can be tricky with the sun but always doable.

Dougie

Posted - 04/14/2007 :  4:23:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dougie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello and welcome skinnydipnj I guess the easiest way without a tripod is to build up a pile of sand about 2 foot tall or possibly higher. And if your camera has a timer place it on that setting and then lit the camera sit on top of the pile of sand and run in front of the camera before it goes off. Your best time to do this at gunnison beach is around seven o'clock in the morning or earlier before anyone really else starts heading to the beach or you can just ask someone who is just sitting right beside you if they would be willing to take your picture. I've seen several people he'll have done just that.

EuroTim
Forum Member

Posted - 04/24/2007 :  06:52:36 AM  Show Profile  Click to see EuroTim's MSN Messenger address  Send EuroTim a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi skinnydipnj,
The implication of your post is that you go alone. So Cheri's idea is the best and it helps support the movement. Otherwise, you could do what I do when I'm alone at the beach, book balanced on beach bag and timer, or ask someone to help.

The one thing that I'm always concerned about with having a camera at the beach (and I always take mine with me) is that some people may worry that I'm sneaking shots of them. Asking someone near you to take your photo reassures them that you have no ulterior motive and that you only want pictures of yourself.

In fact, once I asked a couple if they would take some photos of me with no-one else in them and they asked me to take some of them with my camera and send them to them attached to an email. After sending them, I deleted them from my PC and that was that.

If we want the respect of others, we should start by respecting them and the proper use of a camera at a nude beach is a great way to show respect.

EuroTim
Forum Member

Posted - 04/24/2007 :  06:59:40 AM  Show Profile  Click to see EuroTim's MSN Messenger address  Send EuroTim a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by StuffedTiger

...there are now disposable digital cameras; I hope the shots can be extracted without having to get prints made by someone.

Hi, I hadn't heard about the disposable digital cameras so I just did a bit of research. It seems that all of the places that sell these require you to return to them for the prints. I looked at 5-6 different ones and none of them has a you-print-it function.

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 01/08/2008 :  10:21:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A tripod works well but more clutter to carry,most folks i've met will gladly take pictures ,i have never had anyone refuse to snap a few picture at the beach and of course i've been stopped numberous times by other wanting photos snapped by their cameras,all you need to do is ask .I enjoy looking through the album of past nudist trips.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 01/08/2008 :  10:57:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Another option to the self-timer, that will having you runing back and forth is, a video camera. You can place it in a chair to get your video, then cature still shots from the video. One advantage is the shots won't look posed. Most of our photos are video captures. Just don't give anyone a reason to suspect you of taking photos of them.

Diger

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 01/09/2008 :  03:23:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Let the fine folks at the Philly Nu group know when you are going- there are probably others who will be happy to meet up with you and will take your picture for you. I've had my picture taken at Gunnison by people in the group. :)

Melissa

Phydeau
Forum Member

Posted - 01/09/2008 :  07:45:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Phydeau's Homepage  Reply with Quote
skinnydipnj, I have family up in that area. If I ever make it towards Gunnison, I could let you know. I'm sure I'm not the only photographer around here.

Triker
Forum Member

Posted - 01/13/2008 :  9:55:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skinnydipnj

Hey their fellow nudists... I sometimes venture off to gunnison beach (new jersey) and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of how to get a photo taken of you nude on the beach. I love taking pictures with my digital camera but I don't know how I would manage to take a photo of myself nude on the beach. I love going to gunnison and would really love to capture this moment by taking a photo... Any suggestions???

Email me at skinnydipnj@yahoo.com
or
Message me at (yahoo)
skinnydipnj

Buy a one time use digital camera with a ten second delay timer.

Edited by - Triker on 01/13/2008 9:56:54 PM

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 01/14/2008 :  02:21:31 AM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I did mine with the towel-on-the-sand technique. I only needed a little elevation because I went in the water and the beach was already at least 3 feet above the water level.

It was one of those Miami days where it poured off and on and no other nakies were at the beach. So there was nobody to ask to shoot me. Those that were there (in full street togs) were far off and probably thought I was a lunatic or worse.

It was a pain! I set the timer, ran out (hopefully in time) and tried to look like I didn't just finish a sprint fighting the waves. Then I had to run back, be sure my hands were dry, check to see if I was even in the picture, reset the camera position, adjust where I ran to and did it again. Had to try several times. Ideally, someone to operate the camera would be the best bet most of the time.

My avatar is the pic I'm talking about. It's a bit blurry on purpose so that I can retain some anonimity and to keep it here where it belongs instead of God-knows-where. I would suggest that no matter how you do it, yourself or another shooter, to use the highest resolution possible. If you're shooting it yourself, you can have the camera a little farther back and you'll have a better chance of getting in the frame. Then you can crop it and still have quality. And if you want to, you can then make a copy and reduce the quality to use in places like this forum.

Clark

Posted - 04/11/2008 :  02:11:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by StuffedTiger

...there are now disposable digital cameras; ...
The so called "disposable" digital cameras are actually film cameras loaded with film that is designed produce a negative that gives a better image when scanned into a computer. The film still as to be processed by a lab.

If you buy a disposable camera, or just take film, I suggest sending it to Discreet and Confidential Color http://www.dccphoto.com/, or buy a copy of a photography magazine and look in the classifieds for labs that offer "uncensored" processing.

People say I'm weird. I hope so. I work hard at it.

nuderebel
Forum Member

Posted - 04/11/2008 :  09:20:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We've never had a problem finding someone to take our picture. We just make sure there is no one in the background, and we normally keep the camera in our beach bag.
Once, we were asked to be in a group video on the beach(naked leap frog). We gave our permission, and we were sent a copy.
As always, be respectful of others, and there should be no problems.

ultrahd
Forum Member

Posted - 07/01/2008 :  6:24:53 PM  Show Profile  Send ultrahd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
i visited haulover beach a few months ago,i was traveling alone and did want some pics ,so i just ask if someone would mind taking a photo of me against the ocean,since it was my first time there and i was traveling alone,they had no problim taking the photo and they even got in one of the pics,if u ask most people are cool,but never take pics of others !

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 07/01/2008 :  10:13:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ask somebody else to take the picture of you -- that's the way to go. Another person can take the picture well cropped. More importantly, another person can make sure that nobody else accidentally gets into the picture.

The self-timer method is guesswork, as for how far to place the camera. The self-timer might accidentally get somebody else in the picture.

Naturally, Catbird

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: How to deal with camera phones on nude beaches ? Topic Next Topic: Great Idea  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.96 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved