Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 205 ]  [ Total: 205 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Art (non-erotic, all subjects over 18)
 Video, film, performance, or unusual media
 Nudity in the movies
Previous Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Whatever Happened to Gail Ward? Topic Next Topic: Naked news - by students in the UK
Page: of 3

matc2

Posted - 10/31/2009 :  6:44:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit matc2's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Site http://www.nudistworld.net/ where it is a lot of video and photos about naturists.

firebase

Posted - 06/18/2012 :  5:42:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Old topics...

MT

léo
Forum Member

Posted - 03/09/2013 :  02:41:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A columnist in a heavyweight paper in Britain wrote a whole piece about the near-absence of male nudity in films. Her tone wasn't lascivious: hers was a philosophical observation and a question of why that should be. Nor was she known for fringe views or deliberate controversy. She said it said something of a society that it felt happy looking at female bodies but often uneasy about male ones. In fact, she went on, why a hang-up with erections in love scenes? Half the population has them and the other half is here because of one [my observation, not hers], so what was the problem?

It seems obvious that even women are happy looking at naked women. Look in any women's magazine here in Europe and there will be more female body than in similar men's magazines. But, while there are plenty of sex mags showing women, there are few that show men. Conclusion: both sexes appreciate naked women, albeit in different ways, but both can feel uneasy with male bodies. For men, there could be a worry that looking too hard is a sign of latent homosexuality.

Incidentally, I have mentioned this elsewhere, but why should it be that the incidence of shaving among actresses and even among male actors should be so much less than in real life?

happy days

léo

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 03/09/2013 :  3:40:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The relative scarcity of male nudity in the arts predates cinema by several millennia. And there is no shortage of dreary sociological and psychological literature attempting to explain this imbalance. Theories abound. Men are more 'visual' than women. Or women are just inherently better-looking than men. Or women have 'internalized their status as objects' and are thus unable to view men that way. Or blah blah blah. I can't avoid the suspicion that at least one reason was that it was mostly men paying for the art!

I doubt that women and men are equally "happy looking at female bodies", to quote léo's post. More than one study suggests that women tend to compare themselves to the naked women on the page or screen ... and usually not favorably. I'll bet men would react similarly to male nudity, but since men not only tend to pick what movie to see, but also dominate the ranks of directors and producers, we may never find out!

The larger question is not why male nudity is more of a taboo than female nudity. Why is ANY nudity treated as something out of the ordinary? Why do we go to such effort to render mysterious something that is completely familiar to us all?

I was pleased to be reminded by a previous post of the hilariously bad early-60s sexploitation movie "Nude on the Moon". It's a little known gem of movie trivia that much of the music for the film was composed and arranged by former 'Tonight Show' bandleader Doc Severinson. Strange that he doesn't mention it on his website.

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Whatever Happened to Gail Ward? Topic Next Topic: Naked news - by students in the UK  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.11 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved