Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 175 ]  [ Total: 175 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Playlinda or Apollo
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: talk of closings Topic Next Topic: Pirates Cove
Page: of 7

rogandjean
Forum Member

Posted - 11/10/2008 :  11:04:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are thinking about going down to Haulover (and maybe Apollo and Playalinda) the first week in March of 2009. What is the weather like then? I see that the averages temperatures are not unreasonable then. Do people go to the beach in March? Any comments would be appreciated.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 11/11/2008 :  08:36:00 AM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Rog,
In March the weather in FL can be ify at best. You can have beautiful weather or just as easily be to cool for the beach.

We stayed in the area if Apollo one March and the whole week we had to wear jackets on the beach. Then the day we left for home was beautiful, that's just how it goes.

So in march your safer bet would be farther south and Haulover. But you never can tell.

Diger

rogandjean
Forum Member

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  10:17:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Diger,
Thanks for the information. We going down next week and decided to stay in Ft. Lauderdale and go to Haulover. But since we're flying into Orlando, we will try to hit Playalinda on the way down just to see how it is. I believe I saw that Playalinda is closed for several days before and after a shuttle launch which is supposed to take place this week. Should be open by next week.
Anxious to see Haulover and see how is compares to Gunnison.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  10:41:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Rog,
If by chance the launch get delayed and goes up while you are there, I can recomend watching it from Apollo beach. Even part of Apollo is closed before a launch. Lot 5 is closed but the rangers let all the nudists move to lot 4 while its closed. We have seen 2 launches from lot 4, we give it 2 thumbs up.

Diger

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  11:55:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool picture Diger

sailor25
Forum Member

Posted - 03/12/2009 :  1:47:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When we were their they let us stay on the northside of parking lot 5 during a launch. We will miss it this year we will be at Apollo the second week of april.

JD
Forum Member

Posted - 03/12/2009 :  8:26:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We're coming down May 15-22, and we're counting down the days.

Dream big, but don't get caught nappin' - Webb Wilder

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 03/12/2009 :  10:39:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The reason they are closing lot 5 now is they set up cameras on the boardwalk there to track the launch. They remove them the next day and open the lot back up.

Diger

old hippie
Forum Member

Posted - 03/14/2009 :  12:08:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
RogandJean, I'd be curious to hear your opinion of those beaches; we spent a few days at Haulover in January and loved it. I think Gunnison & Haulover are quite comparable, so far as the beach itself goes. But the amenities (vendors, bathrooms, etc) were better at Haulover, I think.
Still, I would relish a day at either, in place of the 40-degree weather we are having now.

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

gh

Posted - 03/15/2009 :  1:00:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diger

The reason they are closing lot 5 now is they set up cameras on the boardwalk there to track the launch. They remove them the next day and open the lot back up.

Diger

So for tonight's launch, things will be back to normal upon opening tomorrow? Also, what if the launch is delayed? I was planning on going Wed, but the front is moving through on Tues.

edit: Nevermind. I'll have to settle for cooler, cloudier, and possibly rainy weather if the launch happens today. On the other hand, I might just stay on my side of the state rather than risk wasting a 280 mile round trip.

CANAVERAL NATIONAL SEASHORE TO CLOSE FOR DISCOVERY LAUNCH
In compliance with NASA directives Canaveral National Seashore at Playalinda Beach in Brevard county will close at 6:00 pm on Saturday, March 7, 2009, in preparation for the March 11th STS-119 Discovery Shuttle Launch. In addition, NASA camera installation security measures require that parking lot number 5 at Apollo Beach (located in Volusia County) be closed to vehicles and boats on March 5, 2009. While this section is closed, visitors will not be permitted beyond parking area # 4.
Both of these closures will remain in effect until the day after a successful launch. All dates and times are tentative, and are subject to revision or extension by NASA.

Edited by - gh on 03/15/2009 2:23:08 PM

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 03/15/2009 :  4:04:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
gh,

Usually lot 5 is not opened up the next day till nearly noon. But don’t sweat it, if lot 5 is closed all the nudist will go to lot 4 and the rangers don’t care one bit. We have went in the morning to lot 4 and stayed all day but when we were leaving find out lot 5 hd opened after we arived.

Diger

gh

Posted - 03/22/2009 :  5:00:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I ended up going on Thursday, and after a cool, rainy start, things were warm enough. I was told that the co area starts at marker 29, but there were a number of people not far from the parking lot. Is this just a difference between the official rules and what's actually accepted? Also, I seemed to be the only one that day that purchased the backcountry pass, but if they're passing out $150 fines, it was well worth it not to be confined between the parking lot and #29-ish.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 03/22/2009 :  5:53:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I always wanted to go for a nude hike from Apollo to Playalinda through the backcountry beach. It's about 10-12 miles between the two beaches. It would be great to leave your clothes with a friend and get them to meet you at the other end with your clothes.

Just something I have wanted to do.

Diger

JD
Forum Member

Posted - 04/08/2009 :  5:57:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diger

I always wanted to go for a nude hike from Apollo to Playalinda through the backcountry beach. It's about 10-12 miles between the two beaches. It would be great to leave your clothes with a friend and get them to meet you at the other end with your clothes.

Just something I have wanted to do.

Diger

We've talked about doing that as well, but that's a helluva hike. We've been maybe a mile past the backcountry sign that says you need a permit, but that's as far as we've been. It's just a little over a month before we're heading down.

Dream big, but don't get caught nappin' - Webb Wilder

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 04/08/2009 :  8:24:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I think we are just going to miss you guys by a couple weeks. Hope we can hook up down there sometime. Tansailor and his wife will be down there while we are.

Have fun you two.

Diger

Page: of 7 Previous Topic: talk of closings Topic Next Topic: Pirates Cove  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.27 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved