Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 448 ]  [ Total: 448 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Playlinda or Apollo
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: talk of closings Topic Next Topic: Pirates Cove
Page: of 7

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 07/20/2009 :  9:16:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Playalinda is near Titusville.

Diger

tjkentucky

Posted - 01/21/2010 :  10:28:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Will be visiting Appollo and/or Playalinda end of April or Early May 2010. Can anyone recommend an inexpensive(Cheap) Motel, Hotel or ? to stay about 4 nights. Was at both beach's Sept 2009 and it really was an enjoyable time. I hope both these beaches stay open for many years to come.

badbugs
Forum Member

Posted - 01/21/2010 :  11:51:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey tj....I might be able to help, need to know if you want to stay in New Smyrna on the beachside (closer to Apollo Beach) or the mainland (which will be less expensive but closer to Playalinda).

nakedjuice

Posted - 05/21/2010 :  03:17:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My girlfriend and I just visited Playalinda on Wednesday, May 19 2010. We were both nude beach first-timers (n00bs) and it was a great first experience! It was great to be able to be out in the open rather than in the confines of a backyard pool.

I'm writing to thank everyone for their info on this forum and to give an update:
We arrived around noon and stayed until 4:30 or so. Parking lot was not full but was surprisingly packed for a Wednesday. I'd say there were a few dozen people on the beach at all times. We are in our early 20s (22 and 20) and saw a few other young nudists there. Everyone was very pleasant and mainly stayed to themselves (polite smiles, etc). Bringing a $16 beach umbrella from Wal-Mart was a great decision and complimented the breeze coming off the ocean. Make sure to bring snacks and anything else you need; it is a good ways to get back into town.

A ranger did stroll through to check on things but was very friendly. Waving/nodding to everyone and even stopping and chatting with some of the locals. We were slightly apprehensive driving into the Cape Canaveral area and seeing the "no nudity" signs but were put at ease once on the beach and even more so when the ranger passed without a word to us.

To all first-timers, this was a great beach to start on. No gawkers, no hotels around to make you feel uncomfortable. AND it is a beautiful beach with beautiful dunes. Hope others enjoy it. We'll be trying to make our way back soon. :)

Thanks to everyone who has fought for this CO beach.

flnudist
Forum Member

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  03:26:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not trying to contradict nakedjuice here, I've been to Playalinda twice and it's a great place. But thought I'd give my first time experience for Apollo so other first timers could compare.

Wife and I were there Sunday the 8th. We were first to arrive in the lot so stayed in the vehicle to watch sunrise. Not much of one due to storm clouds, but the sounds of the surf was wonderful. We wanted a few people to arrive because we weren't sure as to where the C/O area started. Once we got down there and found our spot we were pleased with the secludedness, the wife is still a little apprehensive about nudity in public. A short time later we met a nice couple who are regulars there and were cleaning up the beach.(Rick and Sue)They had two full trash bags collected, and I thanked them for what they were doing and offered to help if they went back out. Later while strolling along the surf with the same couple we learned that we had something in common. We had both been to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba (GTMO) and did some scuba diving there. What makes this unusual is that we aren't Military Personnel and it's obviously a place you must have special permission to go to. We both commented on what a small world this is and how it was interesting that two nudists would meet on a beach and have someting like that in common. Also briefly spoke with another couple who were nice. We had visited both Playalinda and Apollo this weekend and wifey stated later that she felt more comfortable at Apollo, I had to agree. It was less crowded with friendly folks and more perfect for first timers. At high tide the beach is kinda narrow but it got wider as it went down to low tide. Apollo is a lot closer to hotels/motels and quicker to travel to as well. We asked for a late check out at hotel and were able to spend approx. 4 hours there before heading back to take shower and check out.

Hope this helps other first timers wondering about Apollo Beach.

hernandocpl
Forum Member

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  11:07:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
YES but who gets out of bed on a sunday b4 sunrise and drives to the beach at that hr! Playalinda has 3 huge parking lots within just a couple of minutes of the nude area

Live love and have fun

flnudist
Forum Member

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  9:57:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hernandocpl

YES but who gets out of bed on a sunday b4 sunrise and drives to the beach at that hr! Playalinda has 3 huge parking lots within just a couple of minutes of the nude area

Live love and have fun

I agree it was early, but the wife really likes the sunrise and sounds of surf. And if you like secludeness Apollo is the palce to be and that's the price to pay for it.

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  01:02:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i see canaveral national seashore has a new superintendent and was wondering if anyone has seen anything positive or negative since she took command, i heard she wasn't pro-nudist...

hernandocpl
Forum Member

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  11:48:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well we are just about packed and are heading to T'ville and playa in 15 mins , so will let you know

Live love and have fun

cplatt

Posted - 02/27/2011 :  5:05:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm planning a trip to Playalinda for April with my gf. I was wondering if any of you guys here have had any experience with the beach camping that Canaveral National Seashore offers from Nov. - April. I feel like I've figured out most of what I need to know, but I have one HUGE remaining question.

Is it possible to beach camp on Playalinda north of parking lot 13?

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 02/27/2011 :  11:00:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think it would be a problem as long as you were past the backcountry sign and have your permits.

Call the ranger station to find out for sure.

Let us know howit goes.

Diger

cplatt

Posted - 03/02/2011 :  6:23:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's what I was thinking myself Diger, but it's always good to have a little reassuring! I'll be sure to post back up here with a report in a little over a month!

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 03/02/2011 :  9:03:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'll give you a little advice take lots of bug repellents in case the wind dies down or turns and comes off the dunes.
We like to take about 6 or 8 of those bug repellent candles that are in the little bucket. They work really well and give some very nice light around the camp.

Diger

rogandjean
Forum Member

Posted - 05/01/2011 :  11:39:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Quick comment about Playalinda: Wife and I were in Tampa vacationing from up north, staying for a week at a clothing optional resort (initials are PL) in April. We have been to Playalinda several times and decided to drive across the state for another visit. We decided to go specifically on Monday to avoid crowds and parking problems. Got there around 10:30 and got the very last parking place in lot 13. Had a fabulous day as usual - perfect weather, no people problems. Left about 2 and the lot was still completely full with cars still trolling the lot waiting for a space. Lot 12 was also full. Like I said, this was on a Monday. Most of the other parking lot had no more than 5 or 6 cars. That being the case, why would not the powers that be see this obvious situation and open another area (12) for CO use? It is just logical and would be "good business". I really cannot understand the negative attitude of the masses for CO beaches. And as we have said in the past, after you have done CO several times, wearing a "bathing suit" seems just plain silly.
Have Fun
RogandJean

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 05/02/2011 :  01:27:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
rogandjean i see the same at apollo beach lot 1 through 4 may have a few cars but lot 5 is packed,and its a good walk or bike ride from 4 to 5 so why not make 4 and 5 nude. and why is it that the textiles love to walk on 5 when there is all that room on beach 1-4.

Page: of 7 Previous Topic: talk of closings Topic Next Topic: Pirates Cove  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.45 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved