Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 236 ]  [ Total: 236 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Nude Beach Trip Reports
 Couples Ocho, Jamaica
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: San Onofre update? Topic Next Topic: Cupecoy beach
Page: of 2

bobs4ann
Forum Member

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  10:13:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello group

Does anyone have input on their experiences on Tower Island at Couples Ocho in Jamaica.

The wife & I are concidering this option and were wondering how layedback it was. She is still somewhat in a modest stage but we would like to give Couples a try without being too social in the beginning. Is there any semi private areas on the island??

Thanks in advance
Bob & Annie

Edited by - Admin added link to see this resort in our Destinations section

Edited by - Moderator on 07/07/2007 11:11:57 AM

nudeinsc
Forum Member

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  11:36:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob and Annie,
we went to Couples negril last year and is was absolutely an amazing resort.Talked with a couple that had been to Couples Ocho and said it was a less social group than Negril....Sam

chip075

Posted - 07/23/2007 :  4:25:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and I spent 4 days at San Souci in Ocho Rios this past April. It was fantastic. The au naturel area is secluded from the rest of the resort and we had a beach, pool with swim up bar,snack bar and grill, hot tub and only a handfull of people. We even got a massage on the beach. San Souci is a couples resort and we can't wait to go back. Highly recommend

rdyjmjm

Posted - 10/10/2007 :  9:56:25 PM  Show Profile  Send rdyjmjm an AOL message  Click to see rdyjmjm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Couples Ochos Rios/Tower Island has a more active and social atmosphere as compared to Couples Negril.

Tower Island is a mandantory nude island and Couples Negril is a designated nude beach.

We have gone to CN every April and have found the nude beach to be a great experience for the newbie and the oldie. If you start to feel uneasy or want to leave you simply get dressed and up and go.

First and foremost don't let people fill you with wild stories about what these beaches are like. There is NO sexual activity that is allowed on any of Couples resorts. They are all adult resorts so there are no kids.

If you are not into the social scene then CN might be better suited for you but both resorts are EXCELLENT choices.

Download Attachment: NB-29.JPG
22.12 KB

jandem
Forum Member

Posted - 10/17/2007 :  03:52:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, Sorry if this is a "stupid" question...

From reading as much as I can about Couples Ocho Rios/Tower Island, am I right is saying this is essentially the same place?

So, we can be "optionally nude" at Rios, and then when we feel more comfortable can go out to the island? Or am I way off? ha ha

Basically my wife and I want somewhere to go and relax that we can lay nude for the first day without any pressure and at our own pace, but then have the invigorating feeling of walking around nude and eating nude etc.

I hope I made sense??? If anyone has a suggestion of a place We are ALL EARS.

Thanks.

cenfldh
Forum Member

Posted - 10/17/2007 :  07:47:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi jandem!

We haven't been to any of the resorts, but if I understand correctly...

Yes, Tower Island is AT Couples Ocho Rios. It is not clothing optional but fully nude once you boat out to it. It's the only part of Couples Ocho Rios that is nude or c/o; the rest of the resort is NOT. So if you want a land beach, restaurant, etc. for your experience, this might not be it. Tower Island looks really great though.

Couples Sans Souchi, Grand Lido Braco, and Hedonism III all have more extensive nude facilities and are in the Ocho Rios vicinity. For us, Grand Lido Braco looks by far the best choice. Hedo3 is not our style.

jandem
Forum Member

Posted - 10/17/2007 :  09:57:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ahh, got it. Thanks :) I will continue my search... Hedo looks fun, but also perhaps a little wild, we area mid 20's couple so it has "some" appeal though.

IslandCouple

Posted - 11/23/2007 :  11:16:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have been going to Couples Ocho Rios since 1992. We spend all week out on Tower Isle. Yes, you do have to be nude to be out there. For those that want a little privacy you can go right when you get off the boat and find chairs. If you go left you will be at the swim up bar and deck around the pool which is always active. Most people start out going right and end up joining the conversation around the pool and bar. It is a wonderful place to spend a vacation. In fact we got married there in 2003 and had a nude reception on the island.

You are not allowed nude around the resort. They do allow topless sunbathing out on the pier.

We have alow been going to Hedo for the last four years and find it to be a great nude vacation. Especially if you book a room in the nude section - you don't even have to be dressed to leave your room and go to the nude pool or nude grill or nude bar. They do have an area that is called the Quad - it is clothing optional. It is four buildings around a large pool with swim up bar. The first floor rooms open right up to the pool. You can be as dressed or as nude as you wish. It is a nice alternative to those just testing the waters. We find Hedo III to be a bit more layed back than Hedo II.

If you'd like picture of either resort just give me shout and I'll send you a few. I have years worth!

jandem
Forum Member

Posted - 11/24/2007 :  12:55:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey there, awesome advise, thanks...

It looks like we may end up at one of the Hedo resorts. Pobably Hedo II at this stage as they will give us a pretty smart deal.

We work for an airline so can get to any of them with relative ease.

We will post back how it all goes :)

We are really looking forward to it. The wife has got her dainty teddies out for the PJ parties in the evening. Ha ha

Thanks again
J

IslandCouple

Posted - 11/28/2007 :  7:23:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We were at Hedo III this past April and Hedo II and III this past October.

Hedo III
*if you are a big beach person go to II - III has great pools
*much better food in all restaurants and grills
*three distinct areas - prude,nude and quad (clothing optional)
*better entertaiment crew
*better/longer bar hours
*a very open feel to the property
*more nudists than swingers. sexual activity, yes, but much more discrete than at Hedo II

Hedo II
*great beach - if you are into pools go to Hedo III
*more swingers than nudists
*Alot of sexual activity around the pool and hot tub at all hours (if this is for you, go for it)
*entire nude section without air conditioning while we were there, not scheduled for repair
until sometime in November. Make sure it is working if you book a room in that area. We weren't told
and found out the hard way.
*a very closed in, dark feeling walking through the property - vegetation very over grown
*nude area to main dining is a long walk - UP HILL - hard to do in spiked heels, heck hard to do in sneakers : ))
*some oceanview rooms look out at tree trunks and massage huts - not very appealing for the extra money

Some people love Hedo III and others love Hedo II. We tried both and it seems Hedo III is our choice.

Have a fun time at which ever you choose. You can't go wrong going to Jamaica, it's our second home!

D.

PS - Don't forget your Toga's for Toga Night!!!!!

jandem
Forum Member

Posted - 11/29/2007 :  05:52:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awesome advise... Hedo III is actually cheaper at the moment for us as well... So sounds good.
We arent swingers, and dont particulary want to see it too. Just want to hang out nude...

What Airport do you fly into for either of them? We have options, but just not sure on which is best for either. We fly free on a variety of airlines, so we will just use whoeever will get us closest

Thanks again

IslandCouple

Posted - 12/02/2007 :  10:47:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We fly Air Jamaica out of Chicago O'Hare and land at Sangster International in Montego Bay. Most all of the resorts offer transportation to and from the airport, and it's included in the price you pay.

We like the fact that Air Jamaica is a non-stop and under 4 hours, and have great flight times. We leave at 6:30 am and we are at the resort by 1:00pm, just in time for lunch. When returning the flight departs at 5:45pm. We have alot of the day to enjoy ourselves before we have to leave for the airport. Feels like we get a full 8 days and 7 nights worth of vacation since we go Saturday to Saturday.

I've looked at charter flights that are a little cheaper but you don't get you to the resort until late in the evening and on your return you are leaving the resort before the sun comes up.

To go to the airport from Hedo III is an hour to an hour and a half bus ride (depends on your driver). You have to be there two hours before flight time. If you have an 8 or 9 am flight you are leaving the resort pretty early.

likin clean

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  3:25:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Couples Ocho in Jamaica is being completly redone thia summer and will be closed until December 15, 2008. We will miss Tower Island this year.

tlappe

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  7:09:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you send a few pics from the nude sunbathing island This Easter will be my wife and I first time to a nude beach thanks

quote:
Originally posted by IslandCouple

We have been going to Couples Ocho Rios since 1992. We spend all week out on Tower Isle. Yes, you do have to be nude to be out there. For those that want a little privacy you can go right when you get off the boat and find chairs. If you go left you will be at the swim up bar and deck around the pool which is always active. Most people start out going right and end up joining the conversation around the pool and bar. It is a wonderful place to spend a vacation. In fact we got married there in 2003 and had a nude reception on the island.

You are not allowed nude around the resort. They do allow topless sunbathing out on the pier.

We have alow been going to Hedo for the last four years and find it to be a great nude vacation. Especially if you book a room in the nude section - you don't even have to be dressed to leave your room and go to the nude pool or nude grill or nude bar. They do have an area that is called the Quad - it is clothing optional. It is four buildings around a large pool with swim up bar. The first floor rooms open right up to the pool. You can be as dressed or as nude as you wish. It is a nice alternative to those just testing the waters. We find Hedo III to be a bit more layed back than Hedo II.

If you'd like picture of either resort just give me shout and I'll send you a few. I have years worth!

IslandCouple

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  7:23:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would be happy to send you pics of either resort. Just let me know which one. I tried to e-mail you but apparently I do not have enough posts to do that.

tlappe

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  7:34:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
couples tower isle

quote:
Originally posted by IslandCouple

I would be happy to send you pics of either resort. Just let me know which one. I tried to e-mail you but apparently I do not have enough posts to do that.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: San Onofre update? Topic Next Topic: Cupecoy beach  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.39 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved