Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 154 ]  [ Total: 154 ]  [ Newest Member: Micljon ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Having to be persuaded
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: No Topic Needed - Just Chatting - August 2007 Topic Next Topic: Askville.com  

JohnnyBnude
Forum Member

Posted - 08/20/2007 :  5:14:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have seen numerous posts on several discussions,that imply that the female partner has to be persuaded to participate in nudist activities. My question is...doesn't the need to persuade..beg..bribe..plead..imply that they really have little interest in the nudist life. Let's face it...you didn't have to be persuaded..you sought it out. When they finally decide to try it, are they just trying to make you happy? Without you, would they still continue?

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 08/20/2007 :  5:26:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, women sometimes need to be persuaded, cajoled, etc. to visit a nudist venue the first time. However, it's usually the woman who is the one to instigate future visits.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

b4dger
Forum Member

Posted - 08/21/2007 :  03:46:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How true Cheri. My wife was reluctant to begin with and it did take a bit of persuasion to get her to try it. After the first couple of times the bug bit and now you have a job to get her to wear anything. Lol

Spread the word.. nude is best. Bob..

Pete Knight
Forum Member

Posted - 08/21/2007 :  06:10:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most of the reluctant women are labouring under the misconception that nudism is about sexual activity, the refuse to associate with this kind of lifestyle, then they are persuaded to come along fully clothed to see, what they find is a wonderful relaxing atmosphere that is about as sexually charges as baseball game.
Having discovered that it isn't as they had imagined they want to try again, and again, then you find that they are dragging their husbands to every social event, even getting involved with the committee.

Although the above is quite often the case it is by no means applicable to every situation, so each case has to be taken on its merits.

Pete Knight

JohnnyBnude
Forum Member

Posted - 08/21/2007 :  6:44:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pete Knight

Most of the reluctant women are labouring under the misconception that nudism is about sexual activity, the refuse to associate with this kind of lifestyle, then they are persuaded to come along fully clothed to see, what they find is a wonderful relaxing atmosphere that is about as sexually charges as baseball game.
Having discovered that it isn't as they had imagined they want to try again, and again, then you find that they are dragging their husbands to every social event, even getting involved with the committee.

Although the above is quite often the case it is by no means applicable to every situation, so each case has to be taken on its merits.

Pete Knight

So Pete...you say women are reluctant because they think that nudity=sex. So why don't most men need to be persuaded? Does this imply that men were, at least at their first experience of social nudity, hoping for a more sexual experience? What is the mind-set that makes it so much easier for men to accept nudity, even when they are new and uncertain of what to expect? What makes women so reluctant, even knowing that they will be there with a protective male?

Edited by - JohnnyBnude on 08/21/2007 6:48:56 PM

howard

Posted - 08/21/2007 :  8:07:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife would not have gone to a resort if I had not suggested going, but it was just something not in her train of thought. She was is as comfortable there as I am. Being with an accepting person gave her options.

NudeInPa
Forum Member

Posted - 08/21/2007 :  9:40:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife also would not have gone to a c/o resort if I hadn't made the initial suggestion and would probably prefer a textile vacation but is very satisfied to accomodate my desire for a nude one. While most of our experiences have been positive and we have met some super people, there were a few times that she felt uncomfortable with some of the male "guests" who seemed to be more interested in scoping out the female form than socializing. Overall, I think we have enjoyed the visits and look forward to many, many more.

Pete Knight
Forum Member

Posted - 08/22/2007 :  02:36:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyBnude

So Pete...you say women are reluctant because they think that nudity=sex. So why don't most men need to be persuaded? Does this imply that men were, at least at their first experience of social nudity, hoping for a more sexual experience? What is the mind-set that makes it so much easier for men to accept nudity, even when they are new and uncertain of what to expect? What makes women so reluctant, even knowing that they will be there with a protective male?

Some men go to nudist beaches because they think its all about sex too, but they go LOOKING for it whereas most married women don't, and as for your other question, I can only assume that they think that their men are hoping to swing, and yes I am aware that not all people think that way. By and large the most common reason why women don't rush into naturism is because they think it may be about sex, and even if they don't, they think they may get hit on and they're often proved right too, unfortunately.

Pete Knight

old hippie
Forum Member

Posted - 08/22/2007 :  4:14:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
. I might suspect that many (not all) women have been conditioned, whether by experience or training, to avoid body display. The whole morass of body image and eating disorders and all that is a can of worms best left closed. So I won't open it.

. My darling, too, was not thinking along the lines of visiting a nude beach until prompted. Once there, though, it took less than an hour for her to become comfortable enough to get as nude as the rest of the populace. In numbers, there is comfort. Surely it is also helpful to see first-hand that other women look as ordinary as oneself - and that other women are nude in public without being harrassed.

. This is the sort of education which would be helpful to the general public. But I fear there are not enough persuasive husbands to go around.

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

happyshiloh

Posted - 08/23/2007 :  8:42:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi again-newbie here.
I haven't even had my first experience yet-it's approaching in October. I joined this site to do my "research"....etiquette on the beach and in general. The previous forum I was on-all this talk about tats and piercing...you guys are tough! :) Scared me a little...I have a belly ring and tat from the '60's! Are band-aids allowed?! :)

Cheri-I'm adopting you as my mentor...a voice of reason. I think (based on just me) women need to be guided into the lifestyle maybe because we all have just a wee bit of poor self-image... especially after 4 pregnancies!
BUTT-here I am at 58, widowed 4 years and starting a new relationship with a man I love and trust. Sooo- although going to a sans textile resort in October isn't something I would have thought of doing...this isn't any different then asking each other to meet the family members!Compromise for the happiness of the other...'Ya think? I'm strong enough to state my discomfort level after or during the experience and I'll be the one hiding behind the lounge chair! Now-will someone tell me what to expect?! I can't find that other forum Cheri suggested. Thanks for listening...
Patty

JohnnyBnude
Forum Member

Posted - 08/24/2007 :  04:39:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by happyshiloh

Hi again-newbie here.
I haven't even had my first experience yet-it's approaching in October. I joined this site to do my "research"....etiquette on the beach and in general. The previous forum I was on-all this talk about tats and piercing...you guys are tough! :) Scared me a little...I have a belly ring and tat from the '60's! Are band-aids allowed?! :)

Cheri-I'm adopting you as my mentor...a voice of reason. I think (based on just me) women need to be guided into the lifestyle maybe because we all have just a wee bit of poor self-image... especially after 4 pregnancies!
BUTT-here I am at 58, widowed 4 years and starting a new relationship with a man I love and trust. Sooo- although going to a sans textile resort in October isn't something I would have thought of doing...this isn't any different then asking each other to meet the family members!Compromise for the happiness of the other...'Ya think? I'm strong enough to state my discomfort level after or during the experience and I'll be the one hiding behind the lounge chair! Now-will someone tell me what to expect?! I can't find that other forum Cheri suggested. Thanks for listening...
Patty

What to expect! You say in your profile that you're an RN. Well, I guess you've seen every body type there is. That's what you can expect. Depending on which resort, or beach you are going to, you should expect to meet a lot of nice people with just as many scars, and lifes "souvenirs" as you've earned. The resort I usually visit is Cypress Cove in Florida. The average age of the guests are 60's plus. At 56, I feel like one of the youngsters. The minute you accept your body, you'll see that every one else accepts it too!! Good luck
John

Pete Knight
Forum Member

Posted - 08/24/2007 :  06:50:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What almost everyone says after their first pubic outing as a nudist is "what was all the fuss about, why didn't I do this sooner" just you wait and see its no big deal, forget about how you are dressed just enjoy the experience, no one can tell its your first time and no one will see anything different, all they see is a person, that's the best thing about naturists, they see you for who you are not your position in society.

Pete Knight

Rodders
Forum Member

Posted - 08/26/2007 :  08:04:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree that many women are "pulled" into naturism by their partners but have also noticed that once converted they very often become even more keen than the men. Once my girlfriend (now my wife)took the final plunge there was no way she wanted to wear a wet bikini or even half the garment. On days when the weather seems reluctant to make up its mind to be sunny & warm it is her more often than not who decides that we should go to the club and is first out in the garden nude whenever possible. I know my experience is not an isolated one.

Rod

Previous Topic: No Topic Needed - Just Chatting - August 2007 Topic Next Topic: Askville.com  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.77 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved