Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 115 ]  [ Total: 115 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudism and The Law
 Nudism and The Law / Laws Concerning Nudists
 Backyard Nudity
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: My dream law 2018 Topic Next Topic: How will the law handle Transgender nudity
Page: of 14

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 08/07/2008 :  08:52:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We had a very private backyard and we went and sold this house to move closer to our daughter's and their families. In doing so, we now have a "not so private" backyard. We spent more money, than I care to post, on our current backyard to provide us with privacy but without spending a lot more we still have to wait a couple of years for the trees to grow up and wide enough to give us privacy with our one neighbor.

This doesn't address the other two story homes that can see into our backyard. They just have to live with the fact that we are nude back there. Been in our new house for almost a year and have been in the backyard naked everyday I can so I know the neighbors know and they haven't said anything, so we are hoping they are understanding or like to dabble in nudism themselves. We'll find out when we meet with them over a bottle of wine next week.

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 08/07/2008 :  10:23:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck fireprof. Good wine and a nice hottub can make quite an impression.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep. -- Robert Frost

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 08/08/2008 :  4:08:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Al,

I'll be sure to keep you updated!

A

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 08/09/2008 :  03:05:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I posted elsewhere about my visit from the police. I had been seen by a passing car wearing my www.bananapeelz.com Not wishing for more problems I rigged up a cheap blue tarp from my back porch to a tree at the end of the yard. Now I go out to my pool nude most days (I work nights). The area where I live dosn't have a HOA or other such rules. The house was built in 1910. I can't raise pigs or make soap (it is in the deed). Many places don't allow clothes lines, much less tarps hanging from them.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.flickr.com/photos/wespennest/2562019052/
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME41quy9_x0

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 08/09/2008 :  10:01:05 AM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We have a nice fenced area around our pool area right out the back door that we are nude in nearly every day. We have some distance between our neighbors, so after dark we could be nude anywhere in our yard and no one would know.

In the heat of the summer last year I started mowing after dark with the headlights on my lawnmower. I have been mowing in the buff ever since, but last week my wife and I started taking nude walks at night. She was a little nervous at first, but now we both are enjoying it very much.

Diger

djseig

Posted - 08/11/2008 :  11:23:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I live in urban Las Vegas, NV and I enjoy nude sunbathing in my own back yard. Although I have a 6 foot fence around the back yard, all the houses are two-story and anybody can catch a view of me, if they please. I have tried e-mailing LVPD asking what the laws are, but have gotten no reply. Can you help me with finding laws about backyard nude sunbathing in Las Vegas, NV?

Thank you

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 08/11/2008 :  4:34:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by djseig

I live in urban Las Vegas, NV and I enjoy nude sunbathing in my own back yard. Although I have a 6 foot fence around the back yard, all the houses are two-story and anybody can catch a view of me, if they please. I have tried e-mailing LVPD asking what the laws are, but have gotten no reply. Can you help me with finding laws about backyard nude sunbathing in Las Vegas, NV?

Thank you

Contact the local University, possibly the Law School Library. Librarians are very helpful in finding indecent exposure and public indecency statutes/laws.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
http://pages.prodigy/cheridonna

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 08/12/2008 :  11:14:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There is a neighborhood in Vegas called naked city (near Stratosphere I think). Years ago many showgirls used to tan in the backyards nude. While Clark county enjoys the "sin city" reputation, they can be rather conservative. Don't know what the law is now. We have a few member in NV.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.flickr.com/photos/wespennest/2562019052/
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME41quy9_x0

Calbob
Forum Member

Posted - 08/12/2008 :  1:04:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheri's advice for researching local laws is very good. Laws in most areas are that you can be nude in the privacy of your backyard if you cannot be seen casually by people outside of the yard. If a neighbor's upstairs windows overlook your yard, it is best to block their view with some type of screening. If neighbors have to go to extrordinary measures to be offended by your nudity, such as climbing a tree or using a ladder, they are violating your privacy.

McNigel
Forum Member

Posted - 08/13/2008 :  3:28:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oddly in Spain there are no laws against public nudity. It's more or less policed by the public, because they are very hot on correct etiquette.
If you don't get that right you will cause a disturbance and that is against the law.

sueallday
Forum Member

Posted - 12/18/2008 :  12:45:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our understanding of the law in Canada is that you can be nude if you take every reasonable effort to not be exposed to others. Also the laws a little wishy-washy, but past cases have shown, if wearing a hat and flip-flops, your not considered nude. Strange as that may sound.

elad
Forum Member

Posted - 12/18/2008 :  7:17:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I built a 6' redwood fence all around my 1/3 acre. I do have neighbors but they would have to work to see me and don't think they would care anyway. There is a road along one side of my yard but the hill where the fence is is about 4 ft above the road so it is more like a 10' fence. I have just finished nailing lath over the little spaces between the fence boards so no one can see in my yard. I also have a claw foot tub with hot water to it. I just love my place now. I can be nude just about anywhere.

We don't receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves after a journey that no one can take for us or spare us.
Marcel Proust (1871 - 1922)

Jim in Boston
Forum Member

Posted - 12/19/2008 :  8:45:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arizonasnip

Hi everyone,
Although new to the forum, this subject caught my interest as both my wife and I have experienced extreme negative reactions from neighbors on those occassions when we have tried to go nude on our property.
Unfortunately, we live in Arizona, where the majority of residents practice overt and agressive conservatism. (Not a generalization -I was born here and have lived here for 57 years and have a very good "feel" for the socio-political climate.) For example, We live on 3 acres with the nearest house some 600 feet away. On one occassion, we were threatened by police with arrest after a "concerned neighbor," reported our nudity. It was, however, necessary for the neighbor to use binoculars to confirm our un-clothed status, but never the less, we had comitted a crime, and if convicted, could have been required to register as a conviced sex offender. I reminded the police officer that using extreme measures for the intentional viewing of nudity is also a crime (voyerism) in Arizona. He responded that the intent of the neighbor was to insure the "safty" of the neighborhood and to "protect" the children from our unsavory influence.
If you live in a more liberal area of the country where nudism is an acceptable practice on private property, be grateful that you still have the right to express yourself in a manner consistent with your personal beliefs.
We are now looking at other parts of the country that may offer a more nude friendly atmosphere and simply say "goodbye" to Arizona's insane laws that criminalize nudity in any shape or form.

I would encourage you to think about Massachusetts, where we do not feel any pressure to dress when we hang out in our back yard (sorta visible to a few other people). But we have weather not, over most of the year, suitable to naturism. And then there is the lefties who are figuring out our tax obligations...

olwino1
Forum Member

Posted - 12/20/2008 :  08:08:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a small deck about 16 X 12 that runs off the master bedroom . I built a lower 4 foot privacy wall matching the siding on the house around the deck . During the summer months when I care too I can sun nude outside and be seen by nobody when I am laying down . I guess if I stood up I would still be covered by the wall from the bottom half . As far as my neighbors go... I think it is my responsibility to avoid any conversations with them regarding my nudity . The last thing I would want would be to have my name in the local paper because some noisy lady could not keep off her ladder to see me naked over a fence . My nudity is my responsibility and my own privacy . Sure it would be great to stroll around naked on my own property however we all do live in a real world and there are many conservitive types of people out there .

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 12/20/2008 :  1:22:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Somebody get me a get-out-of-jail card, so I can be nude in my back yard.

"If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." James Madison

Page: of 14 Previous Topic: My dream law 2018 Topic Next Topic: How will the law handle Transgender nudity  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.31 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved