Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 234 ]  [ Total: 234 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudism Places: Guides and Resources
 Printed Guides
 Uncovered: Bare Facts About Nude Recreation —eBook
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Bare Buns Café featured in restaurant book Topic Next Topic: naturist guide in new zealand  

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 12/06/2007 :  10:10:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Uncovered: The Bare Facts About Nude Recreation
The newest book by Robert Miskimon

Robert Miskimon takes you on a journey into the world of the nudist. Learn just who these nudists really are, and what they care about. For instance, can you bring your camera to a nude beach? The answer may surprise you.

Through the pages of this ebook you will meet real nudists like Cheri, who tells of her first experience on a nude beach. "Naturism or nudism is about accepting yourself and others for who you are and not for what you look like, own or wear. We are doctors, lawyers, businessmen and women, kitchen workers, state employees, mothers, fathers, teens, infants, grandparents, your friends and neighbors. Nudism is the great human equalizer, with people of all ages, from infancy to people older than 70, communicating on the same level with no one judging others," Cheri explains.

From the prehistoric origins of nudism, to modern-day practices, Miskimon illustrates how this custom has evolved.

Many people have never heard that the original Olympic Games were played in the nude. You'll also enjoy reading how the early nudists in America had to struggle to exercise their preference to be unencumbered by clothing. It wasn't an easy lifestyle to establish, with some issues regarding nudists even being taken all the way to the Supreme Court.

You'll hear from important publications like the North American Guide to Nude Recreation, which states, "One reason why a nude lifestyle is so refreshing is that it delivers us temporarily from the game of clothes. It's hard to imagine how much clothing contributes to the grip of daily tensions until we see what it's like to socialize without them. Clothing locks us into a collective unreality that prescribes complex responses to social status, roles and expected behaviors. In shedding our daily 'uniforms', we also shed a weighty burden of anxieties. For a while, at least, we don't have to play the endless charade of projected images we call 'daily life.' For once in your life you are part of a situation where age, occupation and social status don't really count for much. You'll find yourself relating more on the basis of who you are really instead of who your clothes say you are."

Also included is a personal success story from Melissa, a victim of child abuse. Follow her journey out of fear and anxiety towards a feeling of body-acceptance and confidence, thanks to her support group without clothing. Her 'nude diary' chronicles her transformation from sexual victim to a leadership role in a newly-founded nudist club.

Beautiful photos throughout this book illustrate how luxurious and relaxing a nudist lifestyle can be, thanks to the images provided by - - Resort in Tampa, Florida. From nude tennis and volleyball to nude dining, swimming, exercise and massage, each photo shows just how enjoyable a nudist vacation can be for the traveler looking to unwind.

This ebook is chock full of first-time nudist stories, and also includes statistics and poll results to show the depth of support nudists receive in the general community. For instance, did you know a Martini and Rossi poll in 1990 reported that 35 percent of Americans would take off all their clothes on a nude beach? Or that tourist officials say requests for nude or topless beaches are among the top five priorities of international convention-goers? Read this book and you'll begin to understand why.

Uncovered: bare facts about nude recreation
by Robert Miskimon
$9.99

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 12/06/2007 :  5:41:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey- I think I made it into a book without even knowing about it???? Hmmmm.... Hey Cheri, did you know you made it into a book? I think I want the book. Should I put that on my "What I wants" for the staff Christmas pollyanna list? That would certainly raise a few questions. LOL

Melissa

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 12/06/2007 :  10:09:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Melissa,
Write the editor and ask him where your free copy of the book is. You may even hold out for royalties. LOL

Diger

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 12/07/2007 :  10:49:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Melissa, I did know I made it into the book. Originally, the author contacted me directly and I sent him "here" after I made sure he was legit. It would definitely raise some eyebrows. LOL

Hugs & happy holidays,
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism

flexus42
Forum Member

Posted - 12/07/2007 :  10:50:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit flexus42's Homepage  Send flexus42 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Is this book available in any other format? On Amazon.com I noticed that it's in Kindle format. I also noted that the Kindle device on which to read it is $399, well out of my budget.

Rick

"Nakie is good. Nakie is free. Nakie is...NAKIE!"

Dave in Central Ky
Forum Member

Posted - 12/07/2007 :  11:50:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've bought several ebooks before and when I saw this one I thought $9.99 wasn't a bad price. Like flexus42 I went to Amazon to purchase it and found out about the $399. Kindle device that had to be purchased to read it and changed my mind. I also would like to see come out it in a different format.

Dave

Cold Weather Sucks

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 12/07/2007 :  5:46:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The author tells me they are available here for $20, presumably in PDF format.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 12/07/2007 :  10:45:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have the PDF version and it's a good read.
:) Cheri

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 12/08/2007 :  12:39:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The question for me is, how long is the book? I'm not one to sit in front of my computer for long periods of time..... I'll curl up with a book in hand for hours, but I don't curl up with my computer well. :(

Melissa

Pete Knight
Forum Member

Posted - 12/08/2007 :  06:13:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diger

Melissa,
Write the editor and ask him where your free copy of the book is. You may even hold out for royalties. LOL

Diger

http://www.lifestyle-press.co.uk/wbnbr

I got my free copy of 'The World's Best Nude Beaches and Resorts' because of my contributions, perhaps you should ask the author for a copy of the book in which you're mentioned.

Pete Knight
Reason for edit: To correct a smelling mistake.

Edited by - Pete Knight on 12/08/2007 11:05:18 AM

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 12/08/2007 :  10:46:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Melissa, It's 55 or so pages. I'm going to print it out at my office on a fast color laser printer and read it that way.

:) Cheri

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 12/08/2007 :  3:08:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Cheri,
Start a Web Cast on tuesday nights and read the book to us. You should be finished by spring. It will help winter pass faster. LOL

Diger

Previous Topic: Bare Buns Café featured in restaurant book Topic Next Topic: naturist guide in new zealand  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.16 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved