Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 163 ]  [ Total: 163 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Driving naked
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: 2nd Life Keto Gummies Reviews Topic Next Topic: Germany Allows Women to Go Topless in Pools
Page: of 52

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 09/26/2014 :  12:29:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rooftopwilly

As far as exhibitionism is concerned, I feel because I drive a large truck, where the cars can't see that I'm naked: the fact that I cover up when I pass a school bus or if I'm in stop and go traffic and get stuck next to a bus or large truck; etc, then no, it's not exhibitionism. If I was making it a point to try to be seen, then yes, it would be. It's kind of like being in your backyard naked. You make as many attempts as you can to not be seen by the neighbors. But if a neighbor does happen upon seeing you somehow, does that now may you an exhibitionist?

Wikipedia
Exhibitionism definition; is the act of exposing in a public or semi-public context those parts of one's body that are not normally exposed – for example, the breasts, genitals or buttocks. The practice may arise from a desire or compulsion to expose themselves in such a manner to groups of friends or acquaintances, or to strangers for their amusement or sexual satisfaction or to shock the bystander.[1]

My point exactly Willy ... my point exactly!

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Edited by - FireProf on 09/26/2014 6:58:32 PM

gnarlyoldman
Forum Member

Posted - 09/26/2014 :  4:29:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FireProf
Exhibitionism is the act of exposing in a public or semi-public context those parts of one's body that are not normally exposed – for example, the breasts, genitals or buttocks. The practice may arise from a desire or compulsion to expose themselves in such a manner to groups of friends or acquaintances, or to strangers for their amusement or sexual satisfaction or to shock the bystander.[1]

Exhibitionism is purposely getting naked for the purpose of being seen by others for amusement or sexual satisfaction.

Most nudists are getting naked for the purpose of enjoying life naked. Clothing is often even more uncomfortable while driving than while walking. As the driver moves with the motion of the vehicle, clothes often slide up and bind around body parts. That's not exhibitionism, that's nudism. Big difference. And the difference doesn't matter who sees you while naked. Many nudists aren't particular about being seen naked. The purpose is to live naked, not to be sexual or to shock someone else.

This morning my wife dropped me off at the car repair when they opened at 8 AM. I picked up my car which had some rear end work done, new bearings and brakes. (A Mustang convertible sitting very low.) I stopped for gas before going home. After the tank was full I looked up and noticed several video cameras monitoring pumps. F it. I stood next to my car and shucked my pants, then sat down and shucked my shirt. I drove home naked. I don't know and didn't care if anyone else noticed. That's not what its about.

Naked is green.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 09/26/2014 :  6:44:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's why I cut and pasted that definition from Wikipedia. I know what exhibitionism is ... but it seems that Digital Cowboy doesn't if he's using what Willy and I have been posting about our driving naked adventures, as examples of exhibitionism.

Edited by - FireProf on 09/26/2014 7:03:24 PM

JimmieMac51
Forum Member

Posted - 09/26/2014 :  8:33:56 PM  Show Profile  Send JimmieMac51 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm in Gatlinburg, Tn, which gave me a few hours of naked driving on the way down from Missouri.

Getting to the past few posts....I didn't (don't) drive naked for other drivers to see, I drive that way because it's more comfortable. I don't see how anyone can call it "exhibitionism" if I cover up so no one can see it!!!

Jimmie

nudewalker
Forum Member

Posted - 09/26/2014 :  8:56:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's comfort driving naked, it's exhibitionism when the girls in the convertible flash me!

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 09/27/2014 :  4:11:22 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

What I've read by a very few people, here and on other sites, concerning/regarding driving nude ... yes, it "could" be construed as "exhibitionism" by some but to make a blanket statement about ALL those that drive nude being exhibitionist is not only incorrect but obvious that you didn't read the posts by some that drive nude and do many things in order NOT to be seen.

The only reason that I asked is that I do recall reading posts in other threads where people have been “flamed” if you will for engaging in behavior that others have felt either was or bordered on being exhibitionism. And I was just wondering why it seems that some of those behaviors are now accepted.

I do understand and get that certain vehicles by their very nature would negate that, either because they are so tall, or the windows are tinted.

Here’s a very good question for you all. Given that as I am sure that we all know, LEOs are not known for their sense of humor and people who are only reaching for their wallet/cell phone have been shot or tased, or tackled. Have you all given any thought to what you’d do if you found yourself being stopped by a cop?

I mean stop and think how you would look “squirming” around pulling on a pair of shorts or something. It would give the cop who stops you probable cause to have you step out of your vehicle, and if you haven’t gotten them all the way up you may find yourself either having to answer some interesting questions, or finding yourselves being thrown to the ground.

Live Long and Prosper
Herman

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 09/27/2014 :  4:26:40 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gnarlyoldman

quote:
Exhibitionism is the act of exposing in a public or semi-public context those parts of one's body that are not normally exposed – for example, the breasts, genitals or buttocks. The practice may arise from a desire or compulsion to expose themselves in such a manner to groups of friends or acquaintances, or to strangers for their amusement or sexual satisfaction or to shock the bystander.[1]

Exhibitionism is purposely getting naked for the purpose of being seen by others for amusement or sexual satisfaction.

Most nudists are getting naked for the purpose of enjoying life naked. Clothing is often even more uncomfortable while driving than while walking. As the driver moves with the motion of the vehicle, clothes often slide up and bind around body parts. That's not exhibitionism, that's nudism. Big difference. And the difference doesn't matter who sees you while naked. Many nudists aren't particular about being seen naked. The purpose is to live naked, not to be sexual or to shock someone else.

This morning my wife dropped me off at the car repair when they opened at 8 AM. I picked up my car which had some rear end work done, new bearings and brakes. (A Mustang convertible sitting very low.) I stopped for gas before going home. After the tank was full I looked up and noticed several video cameras monitoring pumps. F it. I stood next to my car and shucked my pants, then sat down and shucked my shirt. I drove home naked. I don't know and didn't care if anyone else noticed. That's not what its about.

Naked is green.

I totally understand that, and that is why many/most/the vast majority of cyclists wear a spandex bicycle kit. It’s NOT to show off, it’s because if one spends more then an hour in the saddle they will quickly come to realize that no matter how comfortable they thought their saddle was they find out that it isn’t as comfortable as they first thought. And that padded cycling shorts are far more comfortable then street clothes because street clothes usually have seams, or rivets, or other objects that end up rubbing on certain sensitive body parts. Body parts that one does NOT want rubbed raw.

And it’s just that as I said to FireProf, I do recall in the past members getting chewed out for engaging in what they viewed as innocent behavior while nude. So I was just curious as to why driving naked or even slipping off one’s bathing suit on a textile beach is now somehow acceptable.

I also seem to recall reading about articles posted here of people who were nude in their own home, ending up getting arrested because some busy body saw them from the street. Even though it was not their intent to shock or entice, or anything anyone walking by, they just choose to exercise what should be their right to go nude within their own home.

And I have to admit that if I owned and drove a car that I would also probably be tempted to do so while nude.

Live Long and Prosper
Herman

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 09/27/2014 :  4:35:43 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

That's why I cut and pasted that definition from Wikipedia. I know what exhibitionism is ... but it seems that Digital Cowboy doesn't if he's using what Willy and I have been posting about our driving naked adventures, as examples of exhibitionism.

FireProf,

I know what it is, but let’s not forget or kid ourselves. If you’re stopped by the wrong cop, and then end up catching the wrong judge in court you could end up on the sexual predator registry. Is it really worth that risk to drive nude?

IF I remember correctly I remember reading about the actress Angie Harmmon, (I think it was her) who had spilled something on her pants and had an ant problem because of it. She’d taken her pants off and put them in the trunk instead of driving wearing them. And was only wearing her panties. And she was stopped and had to explain to the officer when he asked her to step out of her vehicle why she couldn’t.

I hardly think that she driving in her panties on the hopes of “shocking” someone who might see her. And also sadly, she felt that what she was doing was “wrong” enough that she had to explain to the officer why she couldn’t get out of her car.

So, again I have to ask/wonder what you all would do come the time that while driving nude get stopped by a cop and particularly if you haven’t had time to at least slip on a pair of shorts.

Also as I said, if you get the wrong cop/judge/DA combination and you lose in court you could end up on the sexual predator registry. So I have to ask is it really worth the risk to drive nude?

Particularly you Fire given that you are if I am not mistaken a firefighter.

Live Long and Prosper
Herman

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 09/27/2014 :  4:46:19 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JimmieMac51

I'm in Gatlinburg, Tn, which gave me a few hours of naked driving on the way down from Missouri.

Getting to the past few posts....I didn't (don't) drive naked for other drivers to see, I drive that way because it's more comfortable. I don't see how anyone can call it "exhibitionism" if I cover up so no one can see it!!!

Jimmie

Jimmie,

WE know, but given that as I’ve said IF one were to get stopped by the “wrong” cop and it won’t matter what your intent is, they can and quite probably WILL ruin your day.

As an example there have been cyclists who have been tased by the police. One hit the ground hard enough that his helmet was cracked. So please don’t forget that the police are NOT known for their sense of humor.

Live Long and Prosper
Herman

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 09/27/2014 :  6:16:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Digital_Cowboy

quote:

What I've read by a very few people, here and on other sites, concerning/regarding driving nude ... yes, it "could" be construed as "exhibitionism" by some but to make a blanket statement about ALL those that drive nude being exhibitionist is not only incorrect but obvious that you didn't read the posts by some that drive nude and do many things in order NOT to be seen.

The only reason that I asked is that I do recall reading posts in other threads where people have been “flamed” if you will for engaging in behavior that others have felt either was or bordered on being exhibitionism. And I was just wondering why it seems that some of those behaviors are now accepted.

I do understand and get that certain vehicles by their very nature would negate that, either because they are so tall, or the windows are tinted.

Here’s a very good question for you all. Given that as I am sure that we all know, LEOs are not known for their sense of humor and people who are only reaching for their wallet/cell phone have been shot or tased, or tackled. Have you all given any thought to what you’d do if you found yourself being stopped by a cop?

I mean stop and think how you would look “squirming” around pulling on a pair of shorts or something. It would give the cop who stops you probable cause to have you step out of your vehicle, and if you haven’t gotten them all the way up you may find yourself either having to answer some interesting questions, or finding yourselves being thrown to the ground.

Live Long and Prosper
Herman

Here's the short and sweet answer ...

Most of us that do drive naked keep shorts nearby. "IF" we are stopped, the shorts go on. Yeah, squirmming around could arise alarm or suspicion ... we/I put on shorts on before exiting the vehicle, if asked to do so. If you can't come up with a reasonable excuse for squirmming around with your shorts ... don't drive naked. If you're doing something you shouldn't be doing, while driving, don't drive naked, if you are concerned about being stopped by cops ... don't drive naked. It's really simple.

Edited by - FireProf on 09/27/2014 6:17:38 PM

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 09/27/2014 :  6:32:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

FireProf,

I know what it is, but let’s not forget or kid ourselves. If you’re stopped by the wrong cop, and then end up catching the wrong judge in court you could end up on the sexual predator registry. Is it really worth that risk to drive nude?

IF I remember correctly I remember reading about the actress Angie Harmmon, (I think it was her) who had spilled something on her pants and had an ant problem because of it. She’d taken her pants off and put them in the trunk instead of driving wearing them. And was only wearing her panties. And she was stopped and had to explain to the officer when he asked her to step out of her vehicle why she couldn’t.

I hardly think that she driving in her panties on the hopes of “shocking” someone who might see her. And also sadly, she felt that what she was doing was “wrong” enough that she had to explain to the officer why she couldn’t get out of her car.

So, again I have to ask/wonder what you all would do come the time that while driving nude get stopped by a cop and particularly if you haven’t had time to at least slip on a pair of shorts.

Also as I said, if you get the wrong cop/judge/DA combination and you lose in court you could end up on the sexual predator registry. So I have to ask is it really worth the risk to drive nude?

Particularly you Fire given that you are if I am not mistaken a firefighter.

Live Long and Prosper
Herman

Just because I was a fireman, doesn't mean I stop living or live by someone else's rules, opinions or hang ups. I live my life the way I want ... no matter what the consequences. I've worked side by side with city cops, sheriff deputies, Highway patrol officers ... they ALL said ... "we've got better things to do then go after someone driving naked, unless he/she is being lewd. Simply driving naked is not something I'd waste my time with." SO ... with high profile vehicles with tinted windows ... I'm certain I won't be seen. Because I was a firefighter and saw the effects of driving drunk; I don't drink and drive, the effects of driving and texting; I don't text and drive, driving while not paying attention; I always pay attention to what I'm doing while I drive and ... I obey the laws of the road while watching all those people that don't obey the law, text while driving and I've done it all in the nude, sometimes. I've driven naked for over 30 years without incident. Could it happen? Sure. Will I live the rest of my life worried about it ... NO. Though I appreciate your opinion and concerns ... it's not going to change my way of life or ... my naked driving.

Angie Harmon; before we can even start to debate her situation, we'd need facts ... more facts than what you've posted. She did the right thing by refusing to step outta the car and the officer was in the wrong to purposefully try to embarrass her by telling her to do so. "IF" I were naked when an officer came up to my window ... "IF" ... which I would not be, but I would wait until I have shorts on and he/she will just have to wait. I can argue that when I get into court and I'm not afraid of going to court to argue that my driving nude is NOT against the law and that I was doing nothing lewd or wrong.

If this is the attitude that some nudist have ... the best place for them is inside their homes, windows and doors closed and maybe ... practice nudism in their closets where no one might see them. But aren't these types of nudists doing exactly what main stream society wants? Keep in the in closet, we don't wanna see it cuz it's wrong, it's dirty, it's nasty. What we do and how we live is neither of those things and I refuse to keep my lifestyle contained in a closet, at home, when I can easily, safely, respectfully ... do it outside my home, in my private yard or in my vehicles and NOT expose myself to anyone other than those in the car with me.

Edited by - FireProf on 09/27/2014 6:35:50 PM

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 09/27/2014 :  6:39:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by JimmieMac51

Jimmie

Jimmie,

WE know, but given that as I’ve said IF one were to get stopped by the “wrong” cop and it won’t matter what your intent is, they can and quite probably WILL ruin your day.

As an example there have been cyclists who have been tased by the police. One hit the ground hard enough that his helmet was cracked. So please don’t forget that the police are NOT known for their sense of humor.

Live Long and Prosper
Herman

The wrong cop? Hell ... the wrong cop may just shoot your naked butt while you're in the drivers seat. You could get hit my a bus crossing the street ... life is full of risks. Some limit theirs, others have no limitations ... driving naked truly is somewhere in between, if you really think about it.

I took bigger risks for 32 years in my profession than simply driving naked.

Lots of nudists before us ... took risks so we could have nude beaches, nude clubs, resorts ... places in national parks, state parks ... if we never took risks, many things we have today, nude and non nude, would not exist. There are those that are willing to take risks for certain things... and then there are those that will not take any risks but are willing to allow those others to take those risks and benefit from the risks they took.

Risks like being open about one's lifestyle, one's affiliation with nudist organizations, clubs, resorts, groups. Where would we be without risks?

Edited by - FireProf on 09/28/2014 12:34:49 AM

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 09/27/2014 :  10:51:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I keep a pair of gym shorts in my truck and right next to me at all times when I drive naked. I can slip them on in seconds. The time it takes an officer to put his lights on, pull you over, and get up to your car, I've long had them on already. Now, if you're driving and you come upon a road block, THEN you may have an issue. I turned off of the highway once and right ahead was a seat belt check. Had I have been naked, I wouldn't have had time to slip those shorts on. That is a risk I'm willing to take. The same risk we take if we are in our backyards naked and a neighbor sees us and calls the police.

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 09/28/2014 :  12:46:39 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Here's the short and sweet answer ...

Most of us that do drive naked keep shorts nearby. "IF" we are stopped, the shorts go on. Yeah, squirmming around could arise alarm or suspicion ... we/I put on shorts on before exiting the vehicle, if asked to do so. If you can't come up with a reasonable excuse for squirmming around with your shorts ... don't drive naked. If you're doing something you shouldn't be doing, while driving, don't drive naked, if you are concerned about being stopped by cops ... don't drive naked. It's really simple.

FireProf,

If as you claim you are a firefighter, then you more so then most should know that the cops on too regular of a basis DO pull over people who are NOT doing anything wrong.

I know this from firsthand experience. As I have said before, last year when I was on my way the VA. I was pulled over by a cop even though I wasn’t doing anything wrong.

Live Long and Prosper
Herman

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 09/28/2014 :  02:38:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're trying to make your argument with huge generalities. The cops gotta be bored to do what you say ... OR ... you made them suspicious by doing something out of the ordinary. Either way ... depending on where you live, a small town to a large city ... cops act differently in all those places. Not all cops stop everyone for no reason. Maybe if I lived in a small town, I'd be more concerned but I don't and I'm not concerned that I'll get pulled over for no reason. IF I do ... I know I have plenty of time to slip on shorts.

I was, in fact, a Fire Captain. I don't have to prove that to you or anyone else ... anymore than you need to prove to us that you did NOTHING for the cops to pull you over.

IF you don't agree with driving nude ... Don't Do It!! It's really that simple. But spouting off about the "what if's" is not a valid enough argument to keep me or any of the others from doing it. It doesn't affect you, it doesn't affect nudism ... and any argument to that affect is bogus and unjustified. What I do does not affect your way of life or the nudism you chose to live. I drive naked for me and my wife ... no one else. I've taken the steps I need to do so, so that I'm not seen by anyone else. I'm always prepared to slip on something in any case. If I were involved in an accident ... the last thing I'll be worried about is if I'm naked. I hope I'm not injured severely. The paramedics would only cut my clothes off anyway! hahaha

Some of you that have this hang up about those of us that drive naked, try and do so by stating all these things that you think we do ... but in reality ... you don't have a clue as to what it is we do and what preparations we make or precautions we take. Maybe you can't put your shorts on quick enough. Maybe you've been stopped for absolutely nothing, maybe you're not a risk taker ... all that is fine, for you. Not for some of us.

Edited by - FireProf on 09/28/2014 02:48:20 AM

Page: of 52 Previous Topic: 2nd Life Keto Gummies Reviews Topic Next Topic: Germany Allows Women to Go Topless in Pools  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.34 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved