Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 156 ]  [ Total: 156 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 if you were looking for a new apartment...
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: reasons not to shed clothes as a society Topic Next Topic: No Topic Needed - Just Chatting - March-April 2008  

agmetal
Forum Member

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  5:27:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
...potentially with people you don't already know well or at all, how and when would you bring up your affinity for nudism?

ROB g
Forum Member

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  6:14:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With women I try to bring it up gradually but sometimes I bring it up to soon and it more often than not.
So i am now learning to keep it quiet till i get to know them.

n/a
deleted

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  7:04:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, agmetal, I THINK you're asking... If someone plans to rent a shared apartment with total, or almost total, strangers... when and how do you mention nudism?

I'd say you'd better be up front BEFORE bothering to even look for an apartment with them. You never know how someone will react. You could be throwing money down the drain. And, they're going to know sometime, anyway. Why not get off on the right foot? Honesty from the start will establish a better relationship, too. If you deceive them from the beginning - when they find out, even if they have NO problem with nudism, they WILL have some distrust of you as a person. Living together is a very personal venture, even among friends.

Hiking the Cascades "naturally"!

Edited by - n/a on 04/24/2008 7:38:54 PM

agmetal
Forum Member

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  7:18:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by northwest

So, agmetal, I THINK you're asking... If someone plans to rent a shared apartment with total, or almost total, strangers... when and how do you mention nudism?

I'd aay you'd better be up front BEFORE bothering to even look for an apartment with them. You never know how someone will react. You could be throwing money down the drain. And, they're going to know sometime, anyway. Why not get off on the right foot? Honesty from the start will establish a better relationship, too. If you deceive them from the beginning - when they find out, even if they have NO problem with nudism, they WILL have some distrust of you as a person. Living together is a very personal venture, even among friends.

something like that...basically my lease ends at the end of august, and i missed the chance to renew, and my current roommates are going other places. ideally i'd like to move in with people i know already, but i don't know how likely that is. i sent an email to someone with an available room that sounded good, but haven't received a reply yet.....i did not mention nudism in my email, though, and it occured to me after sending it that i have no idea when or how to bring it up. i do know that i have some mutual friends with the person who posted the ad, though.

n/a
deleted

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  7:37:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If it were me...(you've heard THAT before, I'm sure) However, if it WERE me, I would probably approach the mutual friend first. It's always good to have a foot in the door, so to speak.

Really, don't expect much problem if you're up front like I said. Most people want to relax in their own home. Good luck. Just find someone who has no problem with nudism, so YOU can relax, too.

Phydeau
Forum Member

Posted - 04/25/2008 :  05:38:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Phydeau's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I hate to over-simplify this, because I'm absolutely positive that people will take it the wrong way, but Craig's List. You might get some looky-loos, or people that have the wrong idea about your orientation, and might even scare off a few people that would make good roommates. But I think some honesty will attract the right roomies.

Just be clear about it. Explain everything as you would to a layman in your ad. "We have bad windows, and I'm a home nudist. Questions? I'll be happy to answer." My gut is that you may get a few freaks, but will actually gain the attention of real nudists that are ok with it.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 04/25/2008 :  11:13:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You might use the term "skinnydip" as it has a more innocent connotation. If I were looking to share another's home, I might say that I prefer to not wear clothes as I'm a skinnydipper and don't like wearing tight confining clothes.

You might find out the owner/original lease holder of the same persuasion.
However, you would still be able to be nude in your own room.
cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

jim19452
Forum Member

Posted - 04/25/2008 :  12:29:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit jim19452's Homepage  Reply with Quote
agmetal, Interesting situation! I think you must be up front with potential apartment sharers. If you are going to be nude indoors occasionally or often you should discuss this and try to set some agreed upon ground rules.

Best Wishes, Jim

agde
Forum Member

Posted - 04/25/2008 :  1:26:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A lot of good advice! I've also always found it is good to be up-front, but to keep it in context and proportional to other things. Maybe in your situation something like: "In terms of weird habits, I am kind of a neatness freak, I have a pet peeve about lights being left on unnecessarily, I don't always wear clothes around the house, I am allergic to cats, and I tend to be a nightowl,"

agmetal
Forum Member

Posted - 04/25/2008 :  7:38:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i was thinking of asking something like what the general attitude about nudity was, but i'm not sure if that's a good idea, or when to bring that up...like, initial contact, or while checking out a place, or something like that.

my current apartment, i have one roommate who i was good friends with beforehand, and the other is another (male) friend of hers. he has a bit more of a conservative upbringing, while she comes from a family that is really open about sexuality and stuff, so when i told her about my interest in nudism originally (because it developed just a couple months ago, after we'd been living together for a while already), she thought it was a bit odd at first, but was understanding and supportive, and she's been in my room a couple times while i've been nude, so it's really not an issue with her, which is great. our other roommate hasn't been told about it at all, though, but he's leaving in a few weeks, so it'll be down to just the two of us...which basically means near-complete freedom while at home!

really hoping i can find people who are at least that understanding.

btw, agde, your suggestion sounds quite reasonable, i'll consider that for the next posting i reply to.

Previous Topic: reasons not to shed clothes as a society Topic Next Topic: No Topic Needed - Just Chatting - March-April 2008  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.2 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved