Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 412 ]  [ Total: 412 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Men - From the Male Point of View
 Unwanted Erection
 So I was thinking about becomming a nudist
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Nudist Problem - Unwanted Erection Topic Next Topic: A simple question? Arousal and etiquette...
Page: of 2

SirGodiva
Forum Member

Posted - 05/04/2008 :  4:55:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
but where I came to find some security on this issue, I found this area to be quite unsettling. I looked at the discussions and it seems that most people don't have a rational view of the subject. I've read people claim here that men should be able to control it but I don't know where they get that idea, men have no capacity to control when they have an erection, arousal can not be controlled.

I'm an 18 year old single male, and I've found that there's a club near me in Palmerton, PA whose season starts this very weekend. However, most of the time I will have an erection. I have an erection while clothed most of the time as well and I don't even think about sex much at all.

Not to claim that I wouldn't be aroused, I'm sure that most of the time I will be aroused in a place where lots of people are walking around naked. Even though I'm not expecting there to be any people in my age group, I find naked women of most any age attractive including rather old women who don't have tight figures.

Isn't it a bit ridiculous to suggest that people shouldn't be aroused while walking around naked?

I'm also a bit unsettled in this area from past experiences. I have previously had one nudist experience and it was when I was invited by a friend to participate in some kind of neopagan ritual, she and her friends had some kind of very strange 'coven' with no particular core doctrine besides the religious traditions of Celtic farmers. So anyway, we were all naked for the ceremony and I wasn't told that I shouldn't have an erection but apparently that was their policy. Naturally as soon as we all got started I had an erection and it angered them to the point where one in the group took some kind of ceremonial dagger and made a deep incision in my penis which required immediate medical attention.

Should I expect similar but hopefully less violent behavior from people at this club if I walk around with an erection? If so, what are solutions to this? I certainly can't help having an erection or being aroused and I don't see why I should, but then what should I do? Is it a common practice to tape your penis back or wear a sheath of some kind? If so, where can I purchase something like that?

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 05/04/2008 :  5:48:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SunnyRest in Palmerton only recently had it's AANR charter returned to them. They lost it because of overt sexuality. How difficult is it to turn over if you're on a chaise lounge or to carry a large towel over your shoulder or to put a towel in your lap if you're just sitting?!!

The friction of clothing on your penis can cause the erection. Nudism is a totally different mindset. As previously said, the more you experience nudism, the less of a problem erections will be.

I would hope you cover your nose when sneezing?!
Erections can and do offend some. I know it's natural, but so are other natural things the human does/can do.

Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
http://pages.prodigy/cheridonna

Edited by - Cheri on 05/04/2008 5:55:26 PM

SirGodiva
Forum Member

Posted - 05/04/2008 :  6:07:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cheri

SunnyRest in Palmerton only recently had it's AANR charter returned to them. They lost it because of overt sexuality. How difficult is it to turn over if you're on a chaise lounge or to carry a large towel over your shoulder or to put a towel in your lap if you're just sitting?!!

The friction of clothing on your penis can cause the erection. Nudism is a totally different mindset. As previously said, the more you experience nudism, the less of a problem erections will be.

I would hope you cover your nose when sneezing?!
Erections can and do offend some. I know it's natural, but so are other natural things the human does/can do.

Cheri

-

I walk around my house naked frequently, I'm erect most of the time just doing that. I did ask if I ought to tape it back or something, but I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with arbitrarily covering myself with a towel at certain points, I can't walk in with an uncertain idea. I should either know that it's ok or it isn't or the entire premise of being comfortable with your body is lost.

It would be disingenuous of me if I didn't say that I think any objection to an erection is hypocritical at best and sexist at worst, and I don't think anyone is even remotely justified in being averse to it. Not that this means I wouldn't try to comply with nudist etiquette anyway, I simply had to establish that if it was up to my responsibility to arbitrarily cover my erections at some points, I would never feel the impulse to do so unless someone explicitly told me I should, because I simply have no sense of when or why it would make anyone uncomfortable.

So, is it safer to do something like tape my penis back, or should I just not worry about it?

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 05/04/2008 :  6:57:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Taping your penis back to a down position would probably be very uncomfortable, and it would be more obvious than an erection and not at all appropriate at SunnyRest.
Cheri

-

SirGodiva
Forum Member

Posted - 05/04/2008 :  10:48:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah, I'll just not worry about it then. I don't tend to be of the opinion that anyone is ever justified in being offended. It isn't a natural emotional response; one has to want to cause trouble. I think it's a gross disservice that any man should have to feel uncomfortable in a context where he's supposed to be able to feel comfortable because some women are petty and perverted.

Tuffers
Forum Member

Posted - 05/05/2008 :  3:32:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do I spy with my little eye something beginning with TROLL?

Dave in Central Ky
Forum Member

Posted - 05/05/2008 :  4:20:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe you're right Tuffers.

"Cold Weather Sucks"

SirGodiva
Forum Member

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  7:34:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure what you mean.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  8:20:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tuffers

Do I spy with my little eye something beginning with TROLL?

I think you're on to something!!!

I thought "I spied" it first but was reluctant to post that.

SirGodiva
Forum Member

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  8:45:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What does 'TROLL' mean? I mean, I'm familiar with the creature, but I don't understand the use of that word in this context.

kangaroo
Forum Member

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  11:35:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here you go...learn it well, then stop doing it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

SirGodiva
Forum Member

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  11:49:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, strange colloquialism. I don't see why you would call me that, though. As far as I'm aware nothing I've said is controversial, irrelevant or emotional. Have I said something that you consider controversial? If so, I had no intention of the fact or awareness that it was controversial or emotional to you.

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 05/07/2008 :  7:51:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sir Godiva thinking about becoming is your choice, one you'll make when your emotionally mature enough to realize you won't be accepted or welcomed with behaviour as you describe, many females on this forum are fed up with this type of topic, drawing attenion to your self is doing more harm to this forum than you realize. As for clubs with your intentions you'll be shown the exit, but then, try it and find out just how tolerant and unfriendly they can be. Single males have been banned from many clubs for your information, and they can't understand "WHY". You'd be a good example for their reasons and spoil it there too!

go n nude

smoothwoody

Posted - 05/20/2008 :  11:01:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the biggest part of your problem is your age. Teenage boys are aroused by most anything. As you get older you will be better able to control it. You will still get unwanted erections but they will happen much less.
By the way, I don't think I would take part in any more of those pagan gatherings. Their reaction to your problem was a bit extreme.

woody

Phryq

Posted - 06/14/2009 :  3:39:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SirGodiva would be a troll in that the male body in it's natural state is a very controversial topic on this forum.

I get the impression, from this and other threads, that most people on this forum are very ashamed of their bodies as well as their sexuality.

I read one statement in another thread that if a woman had been sexually assaulted "seeing an erection would be the equivalent of seeing a firearm". That same logic could be applied to seeing a penis, or even seeing a man.

The reality is that erections are not harmful, and subscribing to the belief that they are is no different from the beliefs that naked bodies are harmful. Almost any arguments used against erections could be easily applied against nudity.

Phryq

Posted - 06/14/2009 :  3:50:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Troll - "with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion".

I think it's clear here than evoking 'an emotional response' was not the intent of the thread poster, however

"Do I spy with my little eye something beginning with TROLL?"

is %100 off-topic, is a flame, and the primary intent seems to be evoking an emotional response.

I was hoping to see a more open-minded community from naturalists, but many have become very like the orthodox religious in that once they've run out of a logical defense for their superstitions they resort to flaming and bullying.

Cheri, I read in another thread you stating that certain acts would cause people upon viewing nudists to leave in disgust. I think intolerance of the human body is more likely to do that than a mere erection.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Nudist Problem - Unwanted Erection Topic Next Topic: A simple question? Arousal and etiquette...  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.34 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved