Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 233 ]  [ Total: 233 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Humor and Entertainment
 Funny video, TV, performance, or unusual media
 amusing commercial i saw on tv last night
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Awesome response to tabloid stupidity! Must see! Topic Next Topic: 2012 Geico Commercial
Page: of 3

agmetal
Forum Member

Posted - 05/23/2008 :  11:36:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tcqWk4je3U

thought this would be appropriate to post here...

traisjames
Forum Member

Posted - 05/23/2008 :  1:24:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit traisjames's Homepage  Click to see traisjames's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
poor repesentation though...did you see any females?

From the guy with his eye on the sky

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 05/23/2008 :  1:53:52 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by agmetal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tcqWk4je3U

thought this would be appropriate to post here...

Is this the Honda Pilot commercial? If so when they're all in the car thete are at least two gals who are nudists in there.

Live Long and Prosper
Herman

GrayWolf
Forum Member

Posted - 05/23/2008 :  3:22:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Makes you wonder how they got into the car from the balloon without the driver seeing them. ;>)

Too bad that they had to present nudity as a distasteful thing though. Is any exposure better than no exposure?

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 05/23/2008 :  3:53:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is a shame nudists are portrayed so poorly. I didn't see any females the few times I've seen it. I did look.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
http://pages.prodigy/cheridonna

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 05/23/2008 :  4:35:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
c'mon people, it's funny. don't have such thin skin about it.
as far as females, there were at least 2 of them, but they showed them in the very back because obviously you can show a male from the waist up on national tv, but not a female.

agmetal
Forum Member

Posted - 05/23/2008 :  5:07:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rooftopwilly

c'mon people, it's funny. don't have such thin skin about it.
as far as females, there were at least 2 of them, but they showed them in the very back because obviously you can show a male from the waist up on national tv, but not a female.

well, in the US, at least

bear

Posted - 05/23/2008 :  6:46:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thought it was a bit lame on all levels.

The best 'version' would be to have the balloonists all jump out of the basket and run to the car and pile in to show the capacity of the vehicle to hold so many people and where the humor would come in would be the 'dancing feet' of the balloonists as they traversed the hot asphalt to get into the vehicle.

However a full pull back view would not be allowed on US television if they were nude, but a quick zoom shot of the 'dancing feet' would have worked to satisfy the humor aspect and the censors sensibilities, too.

Edited by - bear on 05/23/2008 6:51:25 PM

prism2525
Forum Member

Posted - 05/23/2008 :  8:11:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lame IMO.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

"If God had intended mankind to run around naked, surely we'd have been born that way!"

oh, wait....

Tuffers
Forum Member

Posted - 05/24/2008 :  03:00:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice car though lol

Phydeau
Forum Member

Posted - 05/24/2008 :  03:46:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Phydeau's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bear

Thought it was a bit lame on all levels.

The best 'version' would be to have the balloonists all jump out of the basket and run to the car and pile in to show the capacity of the vehicle to hold so many people and where the humor would come in would be the 'dancing feet' of the balloonists as they traversed the hot asphalt to get into the vehicle.

However a full pull back view would not be allowed on US television if they were nude, but a quick zoom shot of the 'dancing feet' would have worked to satisfy the humor aspect and the censors sensibilities, too.

Agreed. I like the commercial, but the reactions of the hosts could have been less "disgusted" and more "amused/bewildered". Feet on hot pavement would have been funny enough.

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 05/24/2008 :  09:38:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Good eye! But there's only one lady. At :18, you can see the top of her head. At .23, she is sitting in the van, in the back, passenger side.

I gave up on the media giving nudism a positive representation; so I'm not surprised at this portrayal. When I saw it for the first time last night, I thought: "There we go again..."

FlCpl4NewdFun
Forum Member

Posted - 05/24/2008 :  12:02:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm surprised at the many negative responses here. I saw that the other day and was going to post it but agmetal beat me to it. I actually thought it was hilarious and associated no negative connotation to it whatsoever. While I admit, the advertisers were using nudists as a novelty, I thought it was fairly positive because the driver did let them all in the car despite the fact that he was not a nudist. I never even thought to consider the gender issue until it was raised here. It really never crossed my mind when I first saw the ad. I thought it was both creative and funny.

Edited by - FlCpl4NewdFun on 05/24/2008 12:04:32 PM

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 05/24/2008 :  12:52:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nudony

quote:

Good eye! But there's only one lady. At :18, you can see the top of her head. At .23, she is sitting in the van, in the back, passenger side.

I gave up on the media giving nudism a positive representation; so I'm not surprised at this portrayal. When I saw it for the first time last night, I thought: "There we go again..."

at 0:19 seconds, it looks like a woman all the way in the back, on the right side, with gray hair. i could be wrong, but it looks like one to me.
flcpl4, i completely agree with you. i don't understand why people are getting their panties in a bunch over this (pun intended). i find it pretty damn funny. i think the world is sorely missing a sense of humor these days. people get so upset over the smallest things.

Little Fellow
Forum Member

Posted - 05/24/2008 :  2:21:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i dont find offensive, just confusing.

why naturists? i might be missing a point... if soo would someone please enlighten me!

Digital_Cowboy
Forum Member

Posted - 05/24/2008 :  2:47:15 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Digital_Cowboy's MSN Messenger address  Send Digital_Cowboy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cheri

It is a shame nudists are portrayed so poorly. I didn't see any females the few times I've seen it. I did look.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
http://pages.prodigy/cheridonna

They're there, you just have to look for them.

I've only really have two complaints:

1) the way the guy pops up saying that they're nudists. almost ad if he's appologizing for ot.
2) the way the father reacts when he turns to look out the back window to backup.

Live Long and Prosper
Herman

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Awesome response to tabloid stupidity! Must see! Topic Next Topic: 2012 Geico Commercial  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.37 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved