Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 369 ]  [ Total: 369 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudism and The Law
 Nudism and Children / The Law Concerning Children
 Nudist denied visits with grandchildren
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: are these legal Topic Next Topic: Mandated Reporter???  

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 08/30/2008 :  09:23:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
From MyFox Tampa Bay - Friday, 29 Aug 2008

Nudist denied visits with grandchildren
Last Edited: Friday, 29 Aug 2008, 6:27 PM EDT
Created: Friday, 29 Aug 2008, 6:27 PM EDT

A DCF contractor will not allow a grandmother visits with her grandchild because the grandmother lives at Lake Como, a nudist resort in Pasco County.

LUTZ -- Even nudists say their lifestyle is not for everyone.

But the residents of one nudist community in Pasco County says a contractor for the Florida Department of Children and Family Services overstepped its legal authority when it denied placement of two girls in Lake Como.

Lake Como is home to 500 people, few of whom wear clothes around the neighborhood. This spring, one of the residents got a court order granting weekend visits with her two grandchildren at Lake Como. The children's mother lost her parental rights because of several arrests and stints in jail.

On the eve of the girls' first weekend, a case worker for Eckerd Community Alternatives blocked the placement.

"There is absolutely no law that I know of that makes a black and white determination that a nudist colony is bad for a child," according to Howard Iken, an attorney who specializes in child custody cases.

April Putczulu, a spokeswoman for Eckerd acknowledges the lack of legal support. She adds however, "...if there is any concerns about any situation, we always err on the side of the safety and well being of the child."

Iken told Fox 13, "the courts put a lot of stock on personal opinion of that case worker and their personal bias frequently play a huge part on what they say."

Next week, a judge will hear arguments on both sides.

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 08/30/2008 :  10:05:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The courts have been allowing custody to residents of nudists resorts in recent years, California and Florida have had cases in favor of wholesome family nude recreation, hopefully this will end happily for them.

go n nude

jim19452
Forum Member

Posted - 08/30/2008 :  10:13:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit jim19452's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"April Putczulu, a spokeswoman for Eckerd acknowledges the lack of legal support. She adds however, "...if there is any concerns about any situation, we always err on the side of the safety and well being of the child."

Not true. If it were then children would never be allowed in passenger cars.

Best Wishes, Jim

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 08/30/2008 :  10:23:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This past week, the AANR has been helping with a few cases such as this according to the Club and Trustee weekly report. It's one of the good reasons to belong to a national org.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
http://pages.prodigy/cheridonna

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 08/31/2008 :  10:16:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheri, those two cases i noted above, i read about in the bulletin, the AANR was indeed involved,and these families were torn apart due to marriage breakdown,when suddenly this tragedy does occur,childrens safety and well being is most important and unfortunately someone's job is to ensure this would be without neglect,abuse,illegal acts ect. and be held accountable for their actions civil and crimminal, it's serious stuff these people don't have it easy.

go n nude

Pat
Forum Member

Posted - 08/31/2008 :  1:10:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What I would ask myself ,is being able to see my Grandchild more important than being nude? To me being nude is fun but doesn't compair with being able to see my 4 grandkids. I am sorry someone has the problem but I hope they do what is best for the child.

Pat

Edited by - Pat on 08/31/2008 1:11:07 PM

Previous Topic: are these legal Topic Next Topic: Mandated Reporter???  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.24 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved