Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 492 ]  [ Total: 493 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Nude Beach Trip Reports
 Secret Cove, at Lake Tahoe, Nevada
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Hidden Creek Beach, Lake Tahoe Topic Next Topic: OREGON-Rooster Rock State Park & Collins Beach
Page: of 2

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 09/08/2008 :  7:30:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I went to Secret Cove three times, and found it to be a great way to spend the day. If you're an extreme extrovert, you can enjoy a lot of conversations with the others. If you are shy (like me) you can get on one of the beach's provided air mattresses and float out onto the lake. Uhhh, don't try to go across the whole lake. LOL. I like to navigate around the local area.

The one drawback is the presence of yellow jackets on the sand. I saw one fellow get stung. Ouch!! They are not present out on the lake, so you can free-float around on the lake and not worry about the those little guys.

The view is incomparable,and the clarity of the water is truly amazing. When I was a boy, I could drink water out of the lake, but I wouldn't do it now, though. The goverment caused MTBE to put into the lake; MTBE is a horrible poison that the government mandated on oil companies to try to save gasoline. It backfired, didn't save gas, but rather poisoned lakes, rivers, and entire towns.

The first time there was a show-stoppper for me. I had been to Tahoe many, many times, but with wearing swim trunks. Not on my last three outings!! It felt odd, and yet freeing to be nude on this beach, while gazing around the great view there. A truly sublime experience. I've attached a photo for you to see it.

The lake is 6229 feet in elevation, and when you are there, you feel you're on top of the world. In a way. you are.

That government governs best, which governs least - Thomas Jefferson

Download Attachment: S_secret cove 4.jpg
16.68 KB

Edited by - Warmskin on 09/08/2008 7:35:36 PM

lovinlife

Posted - 09/11/2008 :  7:44:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your posting has made our day!!

My wife and I are planning on going to Tahoe this coming summer. Just how OK is it to be nude at Secret Cove (law enforcment risks?) and where is it on the Lake?

We spent a week there in August 07 and didn't come across this place.

thanks...

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 09/11/2008 :  10:18:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have read about the place seems the local nudists have a good enough relationship with the US Forest Service who manage this area that they put up official signs warning about the nude beach area ahead. It is 100% legal.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep. -- Robert Frost

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 09/12/2008 :  02:01:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lovinlife

Your posting has made our day!!

My wife and I are planning on going to Tahoe this coming summer. Just how OK is it to be nude at Secret Cove (law enforcment risks?) and where is it on the Lake?

We spent a week there in August 07 and didn't come across this place.

thanks...

Hi LovinLife,

It's not the easiest place to find. The best I can tell you is, begin at the junction of US 50 and Nevada state route 28. Go about 5 miles north on 28 from there. You will see a parking lot on the left (if you're heading north). The best time to park there is in the morning, or otherwise park on route 28 where it's legal, where there is room, and where it's safe to park.

The first time you go there, play it safe, and start walking south on the fire road at the gate, right next to the parking lot (There are other ways, but they can get too confusing on your first visit). You'll see the gate right next to the outhouse. Walk south on the dirt road until you encounter another outhouse. Once you are at the point, you'll see a trail heading downhill, to your right, and it has a sign saying, "Secret Cove."

Walk down this trail for a while, and you will see Secret Cove. Keep walking toward the bottome of this hill, and you will see the horseshoe shaped beach. Walk down the dirt steps to the beach. Remember that you have to walk back up that trail, too, so hopefully you are in reasonably good shape.

As is typical of beaches on Tahoe, the sand is little more than coarsely ground up boulders. So, I'd recommend gym shoes to use for walking to and from your car. It's not the smooth sand you'd find elsewhere, and if you have very tender feet, it may hurt a little to walk on beach barefoot. For those folks, I'd tell them to keep the gym shoes on, until you go swimming or air mattress riding.

I love riding on air mattresses on the lake; it's a lot of fun, nude or clothed (nude is better!!). Use plenty of suntan lotion, because the thinner air there does not offer much resistance to the sun. The beach has air mattresses so, you probably won't need to haul one to the beach.

The crowd is fairly nice, although some people want to be left alone. There is plenty of room on the beach, so pick a spot you like and have fun!! Hope that helps.

That government governs best, which governs least - Thomas Jefferson

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 09/12/2008 :  08:55:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
www.secretcovenevada.com has directions to Secret Cove and several other nearby beaches, starting from Incline Village ("Home of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome") and going south on Hwy 28.

lovinlife

Posted - 09/13/2008 :  12:01:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you thank you thank you...our next trip to Lake Tahoe will be great!!! Last time we were there we were actually pretty darn close to Secret Cove and didn't know it...

Thanks for the directions and website

lovinlife

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 03/14/2010 :  12:56:51 PM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Secret Cove is nothing less than spectacular (as are the other nude beaches very close by). No yellow jackets during our visit, just pure cool water, lovely sand (I like the courseness, the sand doesn't stick to anything), nice people, and the most wonderful, clean, natural environment...

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 07/27/2010 :  10:12:26 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Bump!

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 07/29/2010 :  06:09:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I didn't see any yellow jackets on my last trip, thank goodness! Maybe they only come around at a certain time of the summer, or under other circumstances that are purely random in nature.

I'm fortunate to be able to get there easily, as I am based not more than 45 miles from it. Because it's on the backside of the Sierra, I have to drive my car up a 3800 foot increase in elevation, and then drop down a dramatic grade for about a loss of 1100 feet in elevation.

To see the view from this grade, google Meyers Grade for photos of the fantastic view you can get from it. Don't stare too long at it when driving on this stretch, because there is an 1100 foot cliff on your right hand side. Or, you can use google street views to see this. It's on US 50, between Echo Summit and Meyers, on the California side, just west of South Lake Tahoe.

If you are coming from the other direction, say, on US 50, and you did cross Nevada, it will look like a dreamy paradise, because of the severe contrast from the desert.

Lots to enjoy in that area, besides being nude at Secret Cove. I know that is an awful thing to say here -- being clothed and driving around is also fun.

"If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy."

James Madison

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 08/03/2010 :  10:56:23 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My wife and I just spent 3 glorious days at Secret Cove. We've been to beaches in Greece, Italy, San Martin, the US, etc., Secret Cove is up there with our all time favorites. First there is the beautiful walk through the pines with the very blue lake peeking through the trees. The beach itself is pristine; not a scrap of liter of any kind. Huge boulders sprinkle the beach, so you can get as much privacy (or not) as you like. The crowd is very laid back; most people didn't speak unless you spoke first—good mixture of men and women. Because the trek required to get back up the mountain, a large percentage of people were in good shape. There were a number of clothed users of the beach (maybe 15%). On Saturday and Sunday I would estimate there were around 100 people at the beach. And yes, there is a guy who brings and shares floats, which is a real luxury.

On Monday I made the hike out to the two neighboring nude beaches, Secret Harbor and Whales. Secret Harbor had a couple of nude users. It's big draw is the shade trees that are growing right on the sand. If you didn't bring an umbrella, this would be a major point since the thin air of Tahoe really gets you fried. I walked on to Whales Beach which is really stunning with its offshore rocks. Unfortunately, it was taken over by textiles at the time. The hike to Whales took about 20 minutes each way from Secret Cove.

I would strongly recommend you bring an umbrella to Secret Cove and plan to spend the day. It's so beautiful you won't want to leave. More details at secretcoveneveda.com.

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 08/03/2010 :  11:05:43 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, I forgot to mention that on Sunday two sets of Park Patrol rangers came down to the beach. The people sitting next to us told us there is a $120 fine for bringing glass to the beach. So be sure to stash your wine bottle in your backpack at all times!

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 11/26/2010 :  12:34:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
According to a recently published NASA/JPL study, Lake Tahoe and other large inland lakes are warming rapidly. For the Secret Cove skinny-dippers, that's good news. For the planet, not so much.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 11/29/2010 :  01:46:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I am doing all I can, Doc. I stopped using the heater in my car to save energy and reduce my carbon footprint.

The lake seemed cold enough for me, last summer. Of course, that is not scientific.

One thing, though, Death Valley was never more hot than it was back in 1913 -- 134 degrees. Never has been that hot since. So, we need to keep measuring to see what is going on.

Of course, the sun has a lot to do with our temperature. It's not a perfectly constant originator of heat. What happens on the sun does not stay on the sun; it makes us go with its changes. I guess the sun is not Las Vegas. LOL

So, I'll keep a mental not of how cold Secret Cove is next year. When you go into the water there, viewing the snow on the mountain-sides does not make one feel warmer in the water. I haul an inflatable air mattress down with me to the lake and float mostly instead of swimming.

This past summer in this part of California was one the coolest summers I have ever lived through. Who knows? Where is the "Shadow?"

"If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy."

James Madison

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 11/29/2010 :  01:58:04 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Forgot to say that if you need an easy-to-carry umbrella, you can find a light-weight, two section, easy-to-assemble one at a supermarket nearby. For example, the Safeway store a bit south of the junction of US 50 and State Route 28, on US 50 has them for sale in the front of the store. They sell for about $10. If you don't like Safeway, there are other stores around on South Shore or possibly Incline Village. I don't want to appear to be advertising for Safeway. Haha.

James Madison

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 07/19/2012 :  12:23:17 PM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
New report. My wife and I were there yesterday. Much of the sand has disappeared from the beach and it's smaller now. Still very clean, tranquil and lovely. There were about two dozen people there, about 2/3 nude. The guy sitting next to us said on weekends the cops sometimes send plainclothes officers down to check for people bringing glass to the beach. And while I can see a problem if there were drunk teenagers climbing rocks with beer bottles in hand, I do think it's a waste of taxpayer dollars to cite a middle-aged couple for having a glass of wine while sitting in beach chairs. The fine is probably just a revenue stream for the state. Nudity is obviously no problem. We had a great time; it's truly one of the most beautiful spots in the world, made even better by the fact it can be enjoyed nude.

n/a
deleted

Posted - 07/20/2012 :  4:42:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nudesun----I live in Reno of course and would love to go there more often but I just dont get time most times when I go I find very few nudists there at all. Last time I went last year I saw maybe 6 nudists total during the morning time like 9a-12p I hope my next visit it is as full as you say it is...

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Hidden Creek Beach, Lake Tahoe Topic Next Topic: OREGON-Rooster Rock State Park & Collins Beach  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.34 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved