Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 215 ]  [ Total: 215 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Seeing other nudist
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Married man attending alone Topic Next Topic: UPLOADING AVATAR??
Page: of 7

dzero35

Posted - 02/02/2009 :  9:38:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you,everyone. Now I learned It's ok to watch and to be watched.
Last Springbreak we went to Little Beach, There were about 50,60 people .When we went down the beach, we dared not take the clothes off and we dared not look at others. We went back and fort many times.It was the first time in our life to see nudists.After half an hour, we chose a spot to sit down.My wife asked me If we must take the clothes off, I told her that we should do like other people.We were so shy and nervous but still did it.We went to the water and played with the waves for afew minutes then went back to our spot.I watched peole around me, I felt comfortable when I watched because I wore a big pair of sun glasses which coverd half of my face,then I watched the lady who lay next to me from head to toes without turning my head to her.I thought nobody knew but I was wrong, my wife did, she didn't say but she looked disappointed. I kept talking to her all the time and looking at other guys. My wife was the only Asian girl at the beach, I caught many men watching her ( they wore sun glasses, too).I knew it because when I turn my head to them, they turned their head away. I felt comfortable because they did show respect.Why should I get mad at them when they admired her beauty.I asked my wife If she knew those guys were looking at her. She said yes and her face looked so funny(she looked at them,too -that's why she knew).I told her I was proud about that so just take it easy.We talked to couple people including the watchers, They were incredibly nice and friendly .I just didn't like watchers who wore clothese .After 3 hours, we left the beach bringing home good memory.
I will go to - - Tampa this valentine which is in another week. Hopefully we could bring back some good memory ,too.

A Little Confused

trublcj5

Posted - 08/03/2009 :  12:40:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Quote:As I've commented elsewhere on this forum, the real issue to me isn't looking ... it's manners. Good manners are always in season. Look all you want ... just don't be lewd and crude about it.

This is what I meant when I posted. Look but dont be lewd or stare. The body can be beutiful in ways other than sexual.

Edited by - trublcj5 on 08/03/2009 12:43:19 PM

Owen_db

Posted - 08/04/2009 :  12:00:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For me, it's more about being nude around others, rather than seeing others nude.

Randall50
Forum Member

Posted - 08/04/2009 :  12:33:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I look at nude people I wonder what they're like as people. When I look at naked people my mind races in all directions. Basicially nude people are very polite and naked people tend to be quiet.

McNigel
Forum Member

Posted - 08/04/2009 :  04:24:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are cultural differences here.
The Spanish don't think staring is impolite, or passing comment when not quite out of earshot.

Actually British reserve and Spanish frankness, combined with a limited grasp of their language is all part of the fun. Anyway it is their beach.

And anyway if you see a naked Spanish lady walking up the beach with a ferret on a lead, I think you are allowed to stare.

Randall50
Forum Member

Posted - 08/04/2009 :  10:23:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, McNigel, for pointing out the cultural differences. As a child I was told not to stare, it was impolite. Other cultures may now have the prohibition as part of their core culture. I guess people always feel more comfortable in the culture they know the best, but I can't get away from staring. Staring at someone is invasive - taking a modest look is not. Right?

McNigel
Forum Member

Posted - 08/04/2009 :  3:11:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually I prefer the Spanish approach. It seems more honest.

It's not rude to have a good look at what other people are eating in a restaurant. Each evening they walk up and down the promenade, so that the grandparents can criticise what other families children are wearing. When you walk past them on the beach they will give you a good look up and down.

Isn't not looking being more inhibited and less natural(ist).

bobski96
Forum Member

Posted - 08/04/2009 :  4:36:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that looking is fine as long as you don't comment to the person that you are looking at. We ALL like to compare ourselves thats what is FUN to go to a nude setting. I am very proud of my wife and also myself . We are not perfect but we are confortable in our skin. God dos'nt make junk , people do. Enjoy the minute because life is too damm short.

Randall50
Forum Member

Posted - 08/04/2009 :  6:45:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
McNigel makes a good point: looking is more natural(ist) than not looking. I'll have to re-think my position on that. I certainly enjoy looking at other people, clothed or not, but I don't want them to feel awkward because I do look. Nudists are probably less likely to feel violated by onlookers. Maybe not. I remember staring at this young woman years ago. She later became my wife.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 08/04/2009 :  8:23:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
If I am not conversing with someone, which is most of the time at a nudist resort or beach, it's difficult to have a focal point for my vision, so my eyes wander, and yes, they will look at people, as if I were seated and clothed, on a park bench. That we are all nude doesn't mean no looking, because that would be completely unnatural.

Otherwise, what should I look at if not conversing -- the sun, or should I close my eyes all the time? Our critter friends look at each other, however people have a higher order of thinking and doing. As nudists, we don't act in a sexual manner upon seeing someone in the nude.

Look, yes; stare, no.

"The means of defense against foreign danger historically have become the instruments of tyranny at home."
James Madison

GeeWilly
Forum Member

Posted - 08/07/2009 :  5:21:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When you see someone approaching you on the street, do you not size them up from head to toe in order to determine if you might know them? When closer to you, their facial features confirm or dispel your uncertainty and you act accordingly. Why would it differ because each of you has chosen not to hide beneath garments?

Generally it is much more pleasant to see others nude, particularly if they have taken care of themselves and retain a healthy body. But, no matter, the freshest aspect of seeing another is the warm and welcoming smile they exhibit when acknowledging you as a special friend.

nude charles
Forum Member

Posted - 08/08/2009 :  8:47:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In general, I agree with the look-yes, stare-no policy. However, I wear a genital ring, so I somewhat expect people to stare. For me, I don't care.

freecospirit
Forum Member

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  02:11:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like most others on the beach I rarely speak to others though if some one talks to me I always reply and if a conversation develops then so be it. Of course you can't help but notice how fit (or unfit) other naturists are; the fact that someone is not fit does not mean that they look any worse naked than when they are clothed. Being a naturist however does make you more of your own body do that little bit extra to look after it which can only be good for your general well being. I personally don't like tattoos or body piercings, genital especially, which I feel detract from the ethos of being a naturist. You don't stare, rarely exchange names, in over 10 years we've only added one other naturist couple to our card list.

Charged
Forum Member

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  2:17:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wouldn't it be nice to live in a world where everyone was nude? You would never look for clothes in the morning. People would be much more accepting and less perverted (in the way of most sex offenders, looking isn't perverted). Bathrooms wouldn't be gender divided. You would never be scrutinized for your clothes. You could save so much money! People would be more likely to be in good physical health. Close your eyes and imagine a nude world.

desertnude
Forum Member

Posted - 08/10/2009 :  4:10:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit desertnude's Homepage  Send desertnude a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Charged, if this where a nude world I would be the first to burn my clothing, unfortunately I would probably suffer in the winter!

Michael

Page: of 7 Previous Topic: Married man attending alone Topic Next Topic: UPLOADING AVATAR??  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 2.28 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved