Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 155 ]  [ Total: 155 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Corton beach,UK
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Croatia is a new nudist paradise! Topic Next Topic: Looking for overnight parking near Haulover  

runninaroundnaked
Forum Member

Posted - 12/14/2008 :  6:54:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see an article in the media about closure.Can anyone elaborate?

aaardvark
Forum Member

Posted - 12/14/2008 :  11:12:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry I cannot elaborate. I'm interested in anything to do with beach closures (or rumours thereof) but I cannot find anything yet on google. Are you able to cite the source? Newspaper, edition, date written, who the reporter is?

aaardvark
Forum Member

Posted - 12/15/2008 :  3:44:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The full link for this story is http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/3683814/Naturists-threaten-legal-action-to-stop-closure-of-nudist-beach.html

In the search for this story, I came across a link stating that Corton Beach was losing its sand and that you might end up sunbathing on stones.

I don't know enough about this place or situation to comment but it sounds like (yet again) that nudists are being expected to give way for textiles or developers.

This also shows the confusion that can sometimes surround nudist and clothing-optional beaches. My experience here has been that people sometimes believe that "nudist" beaches are for the exclusive use of people being nude when such beaches are actually "clothing-optional" (which I have no problem with. I'm okay about "sharing the land" with textiles but expect the courtesy to be reciprocal). Even the policy analysts who advise local authority councillors don't understand this distinction. That's possibly what's happening at Corton.

I will be interested to see what the outcome is but if BN are preparing a concerted response to this, I would suggest that a good first move would be to contact them and get behind their action. For any umbrella group to be effective, they need the numbers and a clear mandate to act from those they represent.

But there are some questions that the local authority should be answering. What is causing the sand loss? what they are doing about it and why do they think that making the nude beach available to textiles will help? Are the groynes that protect the nude section preventing sand loss? If so, wouldn't it make more sense to extend the groynes along the entire beach then slowly resand the beach (as has been done here for some of our urban beaches here in New Zealand). Someone with a better grasp of the local conditions could hopefully answer this.

Good luck.

Medicine Bow

Posted - 01/26/2009 :  10:01:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are there any other nude beaches in the area? My Wife and I may be moving back to that area.

Previous Topic: Croatia is a new nudist paradise! Topic Next Topic: Looking for overnight parking near Haulover  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.19 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved