Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 170 ]  [ Total: 170 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Nude Beach Conduct - "Lewd It And Lose It"
 You can lose a nude beach real fast by abusing it
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: San Onofre Beach - What is the official status? Topic
Page: of 2

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 03/26/2002 :  6:24:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sometimes the first few times a couple visits a nude beach, they feel the romance of the situation and become amourous on the beach. Not only does this usually make others uncomfortable, but the reputation of the beach as a safe, family destination is degraded. It also affects the reputation of nudists in general. This is the kind of thing the opponents of the nude beach are sure to bring up in the next county meeting. The next time the couple want to enjoy that beach, they may find that it has been closed, due to the lewd conduct of certain visitors. This is what we mean by "lewd it and lose it".

(Do you agree or not? Click "Reply to Topic" to respond.)

usvera
Forum Member

Posted - 08/23/2002 :  10:05:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit usvera's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree completely

I have seen a great deal of Lewd Conduct on some beaches here in the United States... something I never ever saw on the beaches of Europe. I have also seen people on the beach here in the USA very upset and angry about it as well... and I certainly don't blame them..!

The strange thing is that I have never seen any male and female couple be overly amorous or lewd or crude in any way. It is always a male and male couple... or even just a lone male. And yes... it certainly does give nudism a bad name. This is not what social nudism or naturism is about... but it is what makes life so difficult on single males when they try to visit or join a nudist club..!

Bare Hugz... Vera, the Sun Devil

The Diablo Sun Devils... a nudist club primarily for the benefit of women everywhere..!

http://www.DiabloSunDevils.com

Devils@DiabloSunDevils.com

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 08/24/2002 :  08:01:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have seen inappropriate behavior at a textile beach more often than at a nude or clothing optional beach in my 34+ years of being a nudist.

I have seen a hetero couple at Rooster Rock a few years back being a bit more amorous than is appropriate. I thought I was seeing something and took a double take esp. since there were children around.

People need to stand up for what's appropriate at the beach they visit if we are to keep our nudist venues if they are to remain viable.

Regards, Cheri

http://pages.prodigy.net/travelites

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Edited by - Cheri on 08/24/2002 08:08:17 AM

nudebama

Posted - 09/10/2002 :  8:09:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi,
i do agree,i will be at haulovers beach oct4-7 and hope it will still be their

i am looking for a single female to hangout with and play some volletball and go swimming with. i will be in sunny isles beach,fl from oct4-7 and staying at the days inn at 15811 collins ave

nudebama

Posted - 09/10/2002 :  8:11:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi,
i am a single str8 nudist male and i no how hard it is to find couples or single female nudist to just socialize with because of stupidity.

i am looking for a single female to hangout with and play some volletball and go swimming with. i will be in sunny isles beach,fl from oct4-7 and staying at the days inn at 15811 collins ave

cyndiann
Forum Member

Posted - 11/11/2002 :  6:02:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit cyndiann's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

I have seen a hetero couple at Rooster Rock a few years back being a bit more amorous than is appropriate. I thought I was seeing something and took a double take esp. since there were children around.

And then what did you do?
quote:

People need to stand up for what's appropriate at the beach they visit if we are to keep our nudist venues if they are to remain viable.

Huh? Could you try that one again? I think I agree with you but I'm not sure.

Lofty

Posted - 11/13/2002 :  07:10:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is an excellent topic, and can mean the survival of any "unofficial" c/o beach.

The beach that I go to has been an unofficial c/o beach for almost 40 yrs.

We try and keep it that way, and have not made it public on the net.

However, we have had the odd occasion when there has been inappropriate behaviour.

The most recent was last year, when a single male tourist. (textile)
who was also drunk, made some lewd comments to a single female naturist, who was sunbathing, and lying on her stomach. The guy also touched her back!?

She immediately told some friends of her nearby. Luckily most of us regulars know each other that use the beach. Word got around, and about 10 of us approached the guy and surrounded him!

One of the naturists in our group is also a police officer! He didn't identify himself, but he acted as spokeman, and he sure read this guy the riot act.

We told him he could leave the beach now alone, or we'll drag him off.
Several of us had cell phones, and we're ready to call the police.

He left, and never came back.

We have had the police visit our beach a few times over ther years. But never for public nudity! We are lucky. The police have told us, they are not concerned with the nudity, as long as we are responsible.

They get called down on complaints of indecent behaviour or liquor infractions. Most of these are committed by visitors!??

We also have a "swinging naturist couple" that have been caught mis behaving, also with another couple!

These people are new to our beach, and last year to approached them "as a group" (they were still at it when we walked up to them!?)

There were about eight of us, and we said the same thing, and threatened to call the police if they didn't behave.

They had been drinking, and got very mouthy with us! so although they stopped, I don't think the problem has been resolved yet.

Next year if they behave the same way, we will have to get the police involved.

You are all right, a c/o beach may be in use for decades, but repeat lewd behaviour can shut it down pretty quick.

This is why we have decided to "police" this beach ourselves!

Lofty

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 11/19/2002 :  11:39:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looks like they're losing a popular skinny-dipping spot in Wilmington, Vermont. http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_703639.html

cyndiann
Forum Member

Posted - 11/20/2002 :  01:20:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit cyndiann's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Looks like they're losing a popular skinny-dipping spot in Wilmington, Vermont. http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_703639.html

Boy are you behind! We won that one November 7th. The spot is called the Ledges and here is their board with all the latest info.

http://pub54.ezboard.com/fvermontledgesinfoboardfrm26

Out of my mind.....

back in five minutes.

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 03/13/2003 :  3:02:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As a good illustration of this common problem, read this article called "No Sex, Please" in our Hanlan's Point discussion.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 03/13/2003 :  3:30:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and I frequent a nude beach in So Cal. We've met several really nice people there and have become friends. We police this beach ourselves along with an organized group to keep a friendly, family, non-sexual atmosphere.

I have asked, requested sternly, and at times have demanded that, couples, singles and gays stop their activity for fear of losing our beach because of this type of sexual activity.

Most of the time people are truly embarrassed and stop. Sometimes you have to go in a group and disband the show and audience.

We took a walk on the beach one day with two other couples and walked up on a show being put on by a woman and two men. They had attracted an audience of single males. That was a little scary but the six of us held our ground and the trio packed up the left. SHOW OVER.

If you don't say anything you have no one to blame but yourself when the privilage is taken away. In all the times we or our friends have confronted abusers, we have never had a problem getting those to stop or leave. I really think they know its wrong and what the consquences are, they just try to push the envelop as far as they can before someone says something.You know...Like when your kids test you.

nynudistcpl
Forum Member

Posted - 09/05/2004 :  11:32:39 AM  Show Profile  Send nynudistcpl a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
To rekindle an old but important topic,

We are fortunate to have two great nude beaches close to us; Lighthouse on Fire Island and Sandy Hook. We have been nudists for about 10 years now and have only seen innapproprate conduct once at lighthouse. This is not the case at Sandy Hook! We were there 3 days last week and had a great time! However, there is definitely conduct, especially after 6 pm, that endangers the beach for all of us. We are in no way prudes! Quite the contrary, but there is a time and a place for certain behavior! There are resorts and clubs such as hedonism or desire or many other adult oriented clubs/beaches for play.

Everyday we were at Gunnison last week, we observed something that anti-nude beach zealots could use as examples of why nude beaches should be closed. My favorite was a couple right next to us, placed a towel between their genitals while they kissed, fondled, grinded and massaged away. I guess they felt that if they placed a towel between the two of them, they were OK to do what they wanted. One of their friends, who knew them by name, laughed and called out "don't get arrested".

As the admin who started this topic many moons ago stated, "This is the kind of thing that opponents of the nude beach are sure to bring up in the next county meeting". The Friends of Gunnison, as well as many other nudist/naturist organizations, throughout the country, have worked very hard to ensure that we have these great places to practice social nudity. Lets make sure we don't break laws that will endanger the great work that these organizations have accomplished.

To be fair to nudists, we agree with Cheri, there is more innappropriate behavior taking place on textile beaches and in parks! However, the fact remains, that no one is looking to close down a public textile beach due to the innappropriate behavior of a few. This is not the case with our beaches!!!

NYnudists

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 09/07/2004 :  6:58:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most people, us included, don't seek out confrontation. This is something that needs to be done when the time is appropriate and those few are doing things that are inappropriate at nude beaches.

Last weekend we were on our favorite beach. We observed a couple walking past and they headed for what is Marine Base property. As stated previously, this area of the nude beach sees lots of inappropriate conduct. The Marines are making people move north of the property line onto the family portion of the beach. This area is patrolled by beach ambassadors and members of a group that work with lifeguards and rangers to preserve the nude use of the beach.

This couple was run off the portion of the beach where sexual activity occurs alot and we don't see alot of this stuff unless you go for a long walk on the beach. I think it's thought that since they are so far away from the family area and on government property, we don't care what goes on down there. The problem lies in them being run off and come to our section where they continue their actions. This couple began with each of them applying lotion on each other, that is not bad and we do the same thing, except we don't apply lotion to each others genitals because of the preception and message it sends to those near by but they took their application of lotion to the next level that was clearly very sexual.

As the day grew to dusk, this couple began stroking each other when many of us were packing up and leaving for the day. The beach had become pretty well empty by this time and not many at all were around this couple. We had our stuff packed on our backs and were ready to go when this stroking started and my wife and I decided to just go home............

This inaction turned a great day into one of diappointment for both of us for not speaking up even though there weren't many people around.
We concluded our talk with re-establishing our commitment to stopping this type of activity no matter what time of day, or what the circumstances are. Our non-action not only ruined our day, but sent a wrong message to this couple that what they did was okay.

Edited by - FireProf on 09/07/2004 7:02:36 PM

Sloboy
Forum Member

Posted - 09/07/2004 :  11:23:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FireProf:
I really appreciate your post and your past posts of enlightment on San Onofre clothing optional beach. I really felt that, upon my first visit last week, that there were alot of attitudes occupying San Onofre that demonstrate user's could care less about the uniqueness of the clothing optional beach area and the freedom that is being jeopardized by their selfish actions/activities. I hope that your posting effects others and that us who care, can obstuct the activities of those who just "don't give a damn.""
SLOBOY

Everyday is another reason to be yourself.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 09/08/2004 :  12:58:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sloboy,

We talked about this over dinner tonight and are trying to come up with a two to three sentence paragraph that is non-confrontational yet gets our point across to those that are not only jeapordizing our clothing optional beach but breaking the law.

We have a sample leaflet put out by the Friends of San O Beach group that we will now keep several copies in our backpack chairs and hand them out to these people, hoping they will stop and either leave and not return or realize what they are doing and what we stand to lose.

I don't think they'll change there antics so I just as soon have them leave and not return.

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 09/08/2004 :  8:12:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Let's give folks some space to work on this one, FireProf!

Here's a new topic, "What would you say to someone misbehaving?" to discuss the perfect reprimand.

General comments about losing a nude beach can stay here in this thread.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: San Onofre Beach - What is the official status? Topic  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.19 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved